cost of inserting an a/c unit

1FinickyOne

Posts of a stalking nature have been removed as well as the replies:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

photo.jpg90cd099e-8283-5de2-8995-1735b0360a99

So extra work to keep that from overfilling.  As he seems able to use fixed but believes needs way more btu that should be required (even for his reported 23c igloo temperature) so expense was the deciding factor.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

And where does the water go?  12sm is extremely small and suspect a 9,000 btu split unit would not have any issue keeping it cool

The problem with the portable air conditioners is that they are not very efficient. A normal AC cools the circulated inside air. The portable ones blow the hot air to the outside via the duct tube. This air has to be replaced with air from outside which is warm to hot.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, BritManToo said:

When was the last time you saw an air-con hung out a window in Thailand?

They have a 2" drill for the pipes and wires.

too elaborate a bit.   The A/C  unit is hung on the wall.    The hole is drilled and pipes and wires

go outside to the compressor ( which can be hung on outside wall or sit on footpath outside.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, KaputtAlreadyNa said:

My experience is that, a lot of  company (e.g Home Pro)  includes installation for free (hanging rack needs to pay extra tho) 

Warmest

But don't be surprised if the fitting 'contractor' arrives and asks for an extra 2,000 - 5,000Baht. Been there done that with HP in Chiang Mai. My adult Thai son called HP and complained. Response: do you want the products installed or not?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

But don't be surprised if the fitting 'contractor' arrives and asks for an extra 2,000 - 5,000Baht. Been there done that with HP in Chiang Mai. My adult Thai son called HP and complained. Response: do you want the products installed or not?

I used HomePro Mae Hia in Chiang Mai. Only extra charge was for wall bracket for outside unit, 500baht.