Pandemic dims lights on Thailand's $5bn nightlife sector

webfact

32 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:
1 hour ago, The Word said:

I doubt that there are many potential luxury condo owners queueing up to buy a place in that part of Soi 4!  

I would think that the chances are fairly remote that any condo developer (a) would want to buy that pokey piece of barely accessible (Soi 4 only) land that is completely surrounded by predominantly nasty bars or (b) be happy to pay the sort of multi-million dollar price the current master-lease holder is likely to want to relinquish it and then pay the price that the actual land owners would want.

You would be quite wrong there and it has been sought after for many years by several developers.

If that's the case, why was it not sold to them when it was up for grabs last time?

37 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

Same old story same old excuses. Fact is it's the easy way out for these girls. They dont want REAL WORK and REAL PAY .......

And when they are born to a poor family in a poor village and get little/no education, what do they do?? 

Watch a doco called " Fishing for a Thai bride" (or similar) and you might have a change of mind.

20 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Oh, I see - you're talking exclusively about the small minority of bars that are full of hookers, I wonder if you're aware that there are (were) many regular bars where people go just for a few beers with their friends or family?

The normal bar makes up the vast majority of the entertainment business in the country.

Yes it does. You are one hundred percent right. Unfortunately not the thing that put Thailand on the map, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Well, they didn't get any money off me as I met them on dating apps. It's the art of conversation and not everything a Thai girl tells you is a lie.

Yes, and you seem to be the artist that asks girls on a dating app if they like to be there and like to have sex with many different persons. Is that really questions you ask and then call that the art of conversation? That was almost a new low.

35 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and you seem to be the artist that asks girls on a dating app if they like to be there and like to have sex with many different persons. Is that really questions you ask and then call that the art of conversation? That was almost a new low.

Actually they tell me about their lifes and I listen, it's called being a good listener and having a conversation. Maybe you should talk to some of these of girls, rather than coming to conclusions which are not true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Actually they tell me about their lifes and I listen, it's called being a good listener and having a conversation. Maybe you should talk to some of these of girls, rather than coming to conclusions which are not true.

if you think what these girls tell you is the truth then you're kidding yourself. i'm not interested in prostitutes but i know people who are, and bizarrely they often like to bring their current prostitute along when we meet, they believe the stuff these girls spout which, to an uninvolved ear, is patently not true; there's non so blind as those who dont want to see.

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

These land-based cruise ships will be the last thing to open here. 

Time for the ladies and lads to get used to working on their feet.

Well my wife's cousin who was until recently a 'lady of the night' in Pattaya but as everything closed up'd sticks and moved back to Isaan.

Making a fraction of what she earned sucking cocks, but at least stocking shelves in Lotus keeps her alive and pays the bills

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yep! Sure. They just spill their guts out to a perfect stranger. At least you make me laugh. ????????????????????

After that your advice is not suitable for me as I live a what people call a normal life. You know, the boring one with one woman and two children. Even if I didn´t, I would not sink as low to need a dating app for be able to talk to a woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

You definitely live in the parallel reality. 

Yes, it´s only you that walks around with open eyes in the real world a sees the naked truth. I guess that was with great emphasis on the naked part. 

12 hours ago, jadee said:

Out of interest, what are all the women doing now? Gone back to the farm or started working online? (...asking for a friend...)

Most went back home, help around house or doing nothing

Edited by TacoKhun

58 minutes ago, samsensam said:

if you think what these girls tell you is the truth then you're kidding yourself. i'm not interested in prostitutes but i know people who are, and bizarrely they often like to bring their current prostitute along when we meet, they believe the stuff these girls spout which, to an uninvolved ear, is patently not true; there's non so blind as those who dont want to see.

I know enough about Thai girls and bar girls to know if I'm being told a lie or not. The stories I've been told involve stupid customers over the top with them and how many customers they have had. I find it quite entertaining listening over a beer.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It makes perfect sense for me. Although, you have no obligation to share my opinion. ???? 

What's wrong with the nightlife in Bangkok?

Ohh! It´s sleazy and it spreads other diseases than Coronavirus. It´s also a morally seen life of decay. Mostly the women are forced into this business to be able to support their families because of poor education. In other words most of them do not want. In the world with open eyes, that it called rape. They are just to depending of it to be able to say no. If that is not forced sex, what is it then?

obviously people working at macdonalds, 7-11, taxi drivers etc enjoy their job, its a dream job for them, maybe you should work there too, everyday 12 hours shift with <deleted>ty pay without holidays and no future, either this or go homeless and live on a street, if this is not slavery, what is ?

Edited by TacoKhun

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Well, they didn't get any money off me as I met them on dating apps. It's the art of conversation and not everything a Thai girl tells you is a lie.

Yeah ..... it is.

But no need to pick on just the girls, it's a Thai thing.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

Most went back home, help around house or doing nothing

Funny thing is many of them wait for a signal to come back to their bars. It will take time for them to accept the new reality and to start looking for new jobs.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

And when they are born to a poor family in a poor village and get little/no education, what do they do?? 

Watch a doco called " Fishing for a Thai bride" (or similar) and you might have a change of mind.

They go out and work, yes a real job, why, because they have PRIDE!

millions of legit woman there, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Logosone said:

In her fifities with average looks? 

Why do you hate me so much?

Tell me what you want, and how much you are prepared to pay in monthly support.

Don't hate you, but I am quite happy to be disagreeable if it is warranted.

You can get a DDG in her twenties that will swear to take care of you, but whether they will stay the course is an entirely different proposition.