Mystery of India's lower death rates seems to defy coronavirus trend

snoop1130

15 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

It's amazing how low the death rate can be when no testing is done!

That doesn't make sense. The death rate doesn't change because of testing. It is what it is.

All testing does is confirm if a sick person has Corona or not and tell statisticians how many were infected of the people randomly tested so they can guess how many others are as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which tends to support my contention of diet being a factor. How many obese elderly Indians are there compared to western countries, and how many eat bad western style food loaded with chemicals, fat and sugar?

As I've said in other threads, if Corona kills mainly old people and as old people in Asian countries are probably eating traditional food, diet is possibly a factor.

Also, if India is hot and humid as opposed to hot and dry, that's very likely to be a significant factor.

Or, as  it  appears,  many of the low  figures come from  poorer  countries with  less  accountability.

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which tends to support my contention of diet being a factor. How many obese elderly Indians are there compared to western countries, and how many eat bad western style food loaded with chemicals, fat and sugar?

As I've said in other threads, if Corona kills mainly old people and as old people in Asian countries are probably eating traditional food, diet is possibly a factor.

Also, if India is hot and humid as opposed to hot and dry, that's very likely to be a significant factor.

Personally I believe it is the more robust immune systems in Asia due to the less than sterile environment. 

Having lived in various Asian countries for seven years, I am counting on it, fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not till it's fermented. Some do drink their own urine because it's regarded as having curative properties.

I always use it to start the bacteria cycle in my aquaponics. Works wonders.