Covid-19: Restaurants, salons, coffee shops and sports - some restrictions could be lifted Monday

rooster59

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Large groups for these sports?  They obviously don’t play any of these.  Truth is they have no idea. Just sprouting total c@ap as usual.

Although they said tennis, golf and badminton, what they really meant was "muay Thai", in stadiums controlled by those who want to buy new tanks and guns.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

If the newspaper feels that it's OK to open non-air conditioned restaurants and coffee shops with appropriate social distancing measures, then I fail to see why open-air bar beers with appropriate social distancing measures can't open too.

Hard to play with a bar girl from 2m

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

So only "Street food", don't think I've ever eaten in a "non-air conditioned" place in Bangkok. Sad joke again, I am sure there are places with AC systems that produce an air much safer than outdoor Bangkok.

There's a nice open air rooftop restaurant in Sukhumvit soi 11 on the top of Fraser's Suites building which serves delicious Peruvian Nikkei cuisine, it's called "#Above Eleven": you should try it...

inbound5237557538036845997.jpg

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Others will say, It's too soon.

A lot will be said for staying closed and for opening, but at some point people will have to get back to some kind of normal life, masks, gels, temperature checks & social distancing will be normal from now on.

Mostly the public will have the greater role, they can't just return to the old way of doing things, but shop owners who break the distancing rules etc should be automatically closed again with the owners penalised.

• Like 1

Well, someone is in the know. I went to Tesco this morning and some of the external counters (mobile phones etc.) were being uncovered and it looked like stuff that had been stored was being wheeled out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

So only "Street food", don't think I've ever eaten in a "non-air conditioned" place in Bangkok. Sad joke again, I am sure there are places with AC systems that produce an air much safer than outdoor Bangkok.

The possible re-opening of restaurants is nationwide, not only in Bangkok. Thailand has far more non-air conditioned restaurants than those that have it. Some restaurants also have areas with and areas without it.

Maybe sort shops out also ! I was in Tesco today and was looking for a bathroom mat for when you get out the shower , couldn’t get one as all roped off !! But yet I could buy clothes touched by hundreds of people browsing through them !! Odd ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lujanit said:

Large groups for these sports?  They obviously don’t play any of these.  Truth is they have no idea. Just sprouting total c@ap as usual.

Tennis is played in teams of 2-4 players; never more. In the vast majority of cases, if an average person plays tennis they will have just one other playing partner with them and no spectators, so the point made in the article is valid.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

No alcohol 24/7 indefinitely....

it would save many lives on various fronts and drive away foreign undesirables....

any bootleggers would be shot and the corpses presented to prey...

and also cause more suicides and crazy antics for addicts trying to get a fix

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I don't care about golf nor tennis. I am oblivious to coffee shops. I don't need a haircut just yet. And my consumption of noodle soups is very infrequent.

All I really want is go down to the neighborhood store and legally buy myself a couple of beers to quietly enjoy at home. By myself. Alone.

If that's your sole means of enjoying life, that's pretty sad.

Remember, it only took one case to get this virus started.  I hope they have sense enough to wait until this thing is under better control.  One person infects two, two persons infects for and then it grows and grows and grows.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This would be amazing. Lockdown has worked, the incubation period for the virus has long passed, and it is safe to go outdoors again. If this thing were going to blow up, it would have happened a month ago. Millions need to get back to work. Let them work. Let them eat. Let them live. Let us live again. Whatever the authorities have done, has worked. Now, let us get on with our lives. 

Delusionist 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Maybe sort shops out also ! I was in Tesco today and was looking for a bathroom mat for when you get out the shower , couldn’t get one as all roped off !! But yet I could buy clothes touched by hundreds of people browsing through them !! Odd ????

My Tesco's you could buy food , electrical goods, all the clothes were roped off ,but you could still buy underwear, male and female, again odd. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, markpbfree said:

Remember, it only took one case to get this virus started.  I hope they have sense enough to wait until this thing is under better control.  One person infects two, two persons infects for and then it grows and grows and grows.

excuse me, but it's not some dangerously deadly virus, we live with coronaviruses and other respiratory illneses hundreds of years, every year there is new kind of flu viruses, this one is far not more dangerous than previous ones, so if you think that people will not not get infected, then it's mission impossible and nonsense ...

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Terek said:

excuse me, but it's not some dangerously deadly virus, we live with coronaviruses and other respiratory illneses hundreds of years, every year there is new kind of flu viruses, this one is far not more dangerous than previous ones, so if you think that people will not not get infected, then it's mission impossible and nonsense ...

It seems to be about 10 times more deadly than typical seasonal flu. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I don't care about golf nor tennis. I am oblivious to coffee shops. I don't need a haircut just yet. And my consumption of noodle soups is very infrequent.

All I really want is go down to the neighborhood store and legally buy myself a couple of beers to quietly enjoy at home. By myself. Alone.

At this point I am just about all focussed on beer sales and couldn't care much less about Songkran or even the curfew.  Ball cap hides the long hair just fine.  Did pay 44 THB to deposit 24k out of province, since my local bank is no longer open Saturdays.  

13 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

If that is the case it would be completely absurd if anything "air-con" restaurants are much more likely to provide proper hygiene standards than "non-aircon". The way to go is no more than x amount of people per sqm but the incompetent prayut govenment is clueless to what they are doing. The paranoia is surreal in Thailand and more people are catching up to this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Central air con is dangerous as dirty air, mold, dead bugs in ductwork, etc gets blown around and re-circulated.  But so many restaurants and hotels use ductless Air Con which are the cleanest general type.  That is one of the things I liked about Thailand.   Later this year I will be putting in one or two units in my place in Florida.  I like the redundancy they have, i.e. one unit could fail and you still have another to keep things habitable until you get things fixed up.  The air source is clean. 

Edited by gk10002000