Follow the science....

cornishcarlos

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thailand deaths per million .7,

infection 42 per million. 

Wear the mask.

Think Australia and Thailand will be ok soon. Two more weeks? Lucky.

Belgium 3,911 per million, death 597 per million. 

Europe/USA/SouthnAmerica/Indonesia will be problem 2+ month.

Italy lockdown long time already. Still about 500 die everyday.

BDE9B8C7-C19F-4287-A6FD-6ECBBFD7C63A.png

I really do think there are other factors operating in Thailand, Yinn. Assuming government figures can be relied on, heat, the use of the wai instead of a handshake, spicy food, mass BCG immunization. None of us are out of the woods yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

What I do find interesting though, is a lot of people that dismiss anything other than the MSM angle, get very fired up and sometimes abusive to those that have an open mind.

Human "fallacy" systematic error in reasoning, people only hear what they want to hear!

I was hoping one of the positive outcomes from this "event" is that people would realise how corrupted the MSM has become! Then I read a post quoting Sky news! there is no hope for some! ???? 

Next we will have someone stating that the 5 million $$ a year the BBC receives from Bill Gates does not influence their left wing beliefs! ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I really do think there are other factors operating in Thailand, Yinn. Assuming government figures can be relied on, heat, the use of the wai instead of a handshake, spicy food, mass BCG immunization. None of us are out of the woods yet.

Spicy food??? 55555 Lao kao?

• Haha 1

Thailand has not been testing the sick, healthy or dead to any great degree.

I certainly would not use Thailand as any kind of model on Covid19.

As for masks, evidence is very weak as to even a miniscule effect:

The government’s scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) met on Tuesday to review the evidence on wearing face masks. The Guardian understands that the group is split on the best policy to adopt because the evidence is so weak.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/21/scientists-join-calls-for-uk-public-to-wear-homemade-face-masks-outdoors

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chessman said:

I'm not sure they would be pushing for everything to be opening in New York.

You are probably right with this one, it's not a mystery that heavily polluted and densely populated areas are more affected by covid, and deserve another kind of attention.

Perhaps instead to blame everything on covid, it may be worth to look at the lifestyles of people who are more affected by the virus.

53 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Social distancing has been highly effective in reducing the spread of the virus globally. The potential for a pandemic with very high mortality rates is massively increased if we allow people to mix. It could kill tens of millions worldwide. Not the rich, of course. They have the means to protect themselves and their families.

There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that social distancing works with covid19. I know you think you are right, but you are not. We do not know that yet. That is not to say it is not working, but we do not know yet. In fact it may be easier to peruse the data at this point and say it is not working, when considering countries who have very relaxed distancing measures in place. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

You are probably right with this one, it's not a mystery that heavily polluted and densely populated areas are more affected by covid, and deserve another kind of attention.

Perhaps instead to blame everything on covid, it may be worth to look at the lifestyles of people who are more affected by the virus.

Ye the lifestyle. If you ignore the lockdown you have more chance of getting it. Once you have it, roll the dice.

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Wow so two doctors on the frontlines saying it makes sense to isolate the sick, but not so much to isolate the healthy, so basically what I've been saying for weeks. Nice to see American doctors catching up with German TVF contributors. Good stuff.

And two doctors saying that those losing out are non-Covid19 patients, again what I was saying weeks ago.

Why did you not make a video of my posts and do a thread about it? It's because I'm German, isn't it?

I thought you where Austrian. 

50 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Wow, and you are a scientist..Have you listened to the doctors ? Are you able to see the difference between death 'from covid' and death 'with covid' ? if not, you're wasting my time.

Thanks for the Stalin reference, but no thanks, how many die from flu every year ?

You say every opinion is like a a##hole, i say that every opinion is worth of some respect.

Now, the opinion of two doctors working on the frontline is worth a lot of respect to me.

I wasted my time listening to these two doctors. How do you know they are working on the frontline? You only have their word for that.

The flu red herring keeps getting trotted out. I haven't had flu since my twenties, vaccination every year. Get back to me after they have found a vaccination for this pandemic, and stop wasting my time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The lock down was useful at the beginning, when there was no data, now it seems clear that the virus is dangerous just for old people with pre-existing conditions.

Now, i'm 60 myself and a smoker too, but i would never be so selfish to lock down millions of young healthy people, children and families who need to work for a living, just to save my life, would you ?

It's not only old people but you should quit smoking. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Please post them up and let's discuss the pros and cons of both sides.. It's worth seeing all angles.. Please make them current though, not a few weeks old.. 

Please explain why I should post any more than I have. You have the data from Australia and the US, and Australia's Chief Medical Officer is diametrically opposed to the views expressed in the video.

Science always throws up different hypotheses. The real test is which one works, and the evidence is already there. If you don't understand that, I'm not going to waste my time anymore on a BS thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Never then. Welcome to my ignore list, mr. pleasant.

Thanks. I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

If I'm unpleasant, it's because I'm unable to suffer fools gladly.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If I'm unpleasant, it's because I'm unable to suffer fools gladly.

Is that because you are superior - a "Scientist" wow - respect ????    :wai:

Waiting for tomorrows edition of "I am a scientist and know everything" sleep tight ???? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

my personal opinion ( which some "experts" support).......  is that the western concern with sterile lifestyles does not allow the body to naturally build up resistance )

True, i didn't take that into consideration, but i think you're spot on.

I am also quite suspicious of magnetic waves, and although there has never been a serious study, i believe that cancer rates have increased since the advent of mobile phones and especially smart phones.

• Like 1