Second year of an O-A visa

3 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I am also in that same situation, as I entered Thailand with a Non Imm O-A visa valid until Sept 22 2020.

Anybody's crystal ball can tell me the odds that I have to be able to do a border run before this Sept 20, allowing me another one year permission to stay.

I have been insured by BUPA-AETNA for 2 millions for quite a few years now...

No crystal ball (unfortunately) but imo chances are high that you will be able to do a border run before Sept 22.  And that would enable you to secure the full 2 years permission to stay an O-A Visa can provide you, by re-entering just before your O-A Visa validity expires. 

Please note that once your Visa validity has expired, you will need a Re-Entry permit to keep the permission to stay 'alive' in case you want to make a trip abroad during that 2nd year period.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say that odds are very good that you will be able to do it before September 20th unless there is a 2nd wave of infections.

Many thanks Ubonjoe. (This should make me sleep better, while crossing my fingers)

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

No crystal ball (unfortunately) but imo chances are high that you will be able to do a border run before Sept 22.  And that would enable you to secure the full 2 years permission to stay an O-A Visa can provide you, by re-entering just before your O-A Visa validity expires. 

Please note that once your Visa validity has expired, you will need a Re-Entry permit to keep the permission to stay 'alive' in case you want to make a trip abroad during that 2nd year period.

Many thanks for your reply. (Some wealth of knowledge that you have accumulated there...)