Advice needed on my visa situation

Please can someone advise me on my current visa situation, ok so I went to chaeng wattana on April 8th to extend my 60 day tourist visa for another month , now I was there early in the morning and they never explained anything to me about the amnesty they just happily took my 1900 baht and gave me my extra month stamp as per usual , so now my tourist visa with 1 extension will expire may 9th , so where do I stand now with the amnesty ? Am I now going to be on overstay after the 9th ? I have a flight back to uk in July , will I have to pay overstay fees ? Or am I part of the amnesty until end of July ? 

Thanks guys , I just kind of thought because immigration didn’t bother to tell me about the amnesty and that I had extended and payed as normal that I might of missed the boat on the automatic extension until end of July , thanks again for clearing this up for me ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mossman1 said:

Thanks guys , I just kind of thought because immigration didn’t bother to tell me about the amnesty and that I had extended and payed as normal that I might of missed the boat on the automatic extension until end of July , thanks again for clearing this up for me ????

You wasted 1900 baht,because you were already covered by the amnesty until April 30. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You wasted 1900 baht,because you were already covered by the amnesty until April 30. 

Ya.....  what a waste of 1900 Baht.

You could have had 2 "Short Time"  for that much.

Just sayin ...  I heard it from a friend.

• Sad 1

As I see things, you did waste that money, better get a little used to it over here, as the first amnesty until April 30th, was valid for tourist visa, which you happened to posses. The new amnesty goes for ALL kinds of visa having expired on May 26th or later, including your prolonged tourist one, nice to have but unneeded, until July 31rd ("or until the situation resolves", which might rather mean it could be prolonged than they will call it off sooner; stay tuned, as always).

Hence, as I see things (my westerner lawyer's thinking only holds true around here to some point, but has proven to work in general until now), you are covered until your flight back late July, as by that time your present visa will "have expired on May 26th or later."

4 hours ago, aboctok said:

Had the extension been announced by April 8th?? Sounds extremely scummy to a) leave you unawares, and b) take your money.

From what I’m reading now the amnesty had been Announced by the 8th April , as I said I was at immigration early in the morning, but yeah strange they never bothered to tell me and took my cash 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Saradoc1972 said:

As I see things, you did waste that money, better get a little used to it over here, as the first amnesty until April 30th, was valid for tourist visa, which you happened to posses. The new amnesty goes for ALL kinds of visa having expired on May 26th or later, including your prolonged tourist one, nice to have but unneeded, until July 31rd ("or until the situation resolves", which might rather mean it could be prolonged than they will call it off sooner; stay tuned, as always).

Hence, as I see things (my westerner lawyer's thinking only holds true around here to some point, but has proven to work in general until now), you are covered until your flight back late July, as by that time your present visa will "have expired on May 26th or later."

Obviously I would not of wasted my money if immigration had of told me on the 8th of April that I didn’t have to extend my 60 day tv , you say that the second amnesty is for visas that have expired on MAY 26th or after ???? 

Well my 60 day tv with 1 month extension expires 9th of may 

from what Iv read the second amnesty is for 3 months starting at 30th April to 31st July 

I haven’t read anything that mentions may 26th like you say ???

1 hour ago, Saradoc1972 said:

Obviously I would not of wasted my money if immigration had of told me on the 8th of April that I didn’t have to extend my 60 day tv , you say that the second amnesty is for visas that have expired on MAY 26th or after ???? 

from what Iv read the second amnesty is for 3 months starting at 30th April to 31st July 

1 hour ago, Saradoc1972 said:

From my understanding both amnesty’s are for visas that have expired on MARCH 26th and after , 

where do you get MAY 26th from ???

2 hours ago, Xavnel said:

Ya.....  what a waste of 1900 Baht.

You could have had 2 "Short Time"  for that much.

Just sayin ...  I heard it from a friend.

At that price, you'd probably need a bag over their heads.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mossman1 said:

Obviously I would not of wasted my money if immigration had of told me on the 8th of April that I didn’t have to extend my 60 day tv , you say that the second amnesty is for visas that have expired on MAY 26th or after ???? 

Sorry, my bad, change that to "26th of March".

As I said, I am fine on a real visa, so have not been depending on amnesties for the time being and been following that too closely.

Edited by Saradoc1972
mistake

2 hours ago, Saradoc1972 said:

the first amnesty until April 30th, was valid for tourist visa,

Not correct

2. For an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their type of visa (including Visa on Arrival) and an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their visa exemption privileges (P. 30/PP. 14/  PP. 30/PP. 90) whose specified period of time permitted for stay in the Kingdom expires  as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020): 

1 hour ago, mossman1 said:

From what I’m reading now the amnesty had been Announced by the 8th April , as I said I was at immigration early in the morning, but yeah strange they never bothered to tell me and took my cash 

It was announced on April 7th so perfectly possible that in the morning of the 8th not all immigration officers knew about it, of course it could have been evil intent.

2 hours ago, Saradoc1972 said:

until July 31rd ("or until the situation resolves",

There is no wording in the cabinet minutes that talks about “until the situation resolves” please don’t add false information.

if the borders are still closed near the end of July the period will be extended.

OP, as others have pointed out, your covered till July 31.

As for above posts critical of imm officers, they are clerks. In similar way to bank staff. They know how to process routine.

This is all bit new landscape. You lost 1900.

Many others in same boat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, as others have pointed out, your covered till July 31.

As for above posts critical of imm officers, they are clerks. In similar way to bank staff. They know how to process routine.

This is all bit new landscape. You lost 1900.

Many others in same boat.

Yeah I’m really not bothered about losing the 1900 baht , it’s what I would normally pay anyhow , I was more concerned that I might have missed out on the automatic extension/amnesty , I’m happy I’m included in the amnesty until end of July ????????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mossman1 said:

Yeah I’m really not bothered about losing the 1900 baht , it’s what I would normally pay anyhow , I was more concerned that I might have missed out on the automatic extension/amnesty , I’m happy I’m included in the amnesty until end of July ????????

Good attitude buddy. I go to Vietnam every month and "lost" my multi entry to Vietnam. Not big deal. Small change in scheme of things.

• Like 1