Making burgers without a blender...

RickG16

Bread crumbs and eggs?

That's a meatloaf sandwich. 

Edit:  In fairness, I found the quality, consistency and smell of Thai ground beef to be so bad that I don't blame anyone for adulterating their burger.  Anything to get rid of that smell...  I gave up on Thai beef and made my burgers in Thailand from ground chicken or ground pork.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Putting meat in a blender or food processor will result in forcemeat. For pate

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I can do everything apart from blitzing the bread

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Why would any body use a blender to make a burger or a hamburger? You mix it by hand or spoon in a bowl

or on a cutting board. Putting meat in a blender or food processor will result in forcemeat. For pate

I think the blender is just to make the breadcrumbs. Some people add them, others don't.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

OK to clarify... not currently in Thailand.

And I am using chicken mince, because that's what I have to work with. 

Blitzing.... means putting things in a blender.

Thanks

Chicken mince? What kind of a burger are you gonna make with that?

A chicken burger I know. But that would be a grilled chicken breast in a bun.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Chicken mince? What kind of a burger are you gonna make with that?

A chicken burger I know. But that would be a grilled chicken breast in a bun.

Three posts in this thread so far and each one showing your ignorance.  It's sometimes better to keep quiet when you have no knowledge of the subject.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, impulse said:

Bread crumbs and eggs?

Edit:  In fairness, I found the quality, consistency and smell of Thai ground beef to be so bad that I don't blame anyone for adulterating their burger.  Anything to get rid of that smell...  I gave up on Thai beef and made my burgers in Thailand from ground chicken or ground pork.

Is it ?

3 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Is it ?

Anybody van make a youtube. Sure that is very tasty.

A Burger is 100 percent ground beef. Call it a hamburger if you want.

Is a slice of meatloaf on sourdough bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise a burger?

Not in my book. It is not recognized as a preparation by Chefs. They would call it a meatloaf sandwich.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Anybody van make a youtube. Sure that is very tasty.

A Burger is 100 percent ground beef. Call it a hamburger if you want.

Is a slice of meatloaf on sourdough bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise a burger?

Not in my book. It is not recognized as a preparation by Chefs. They would call it a meatloaf sandwich.

My recipe is not from U-Tube I only posted this because I use an egg as well and some

breadcrumbs which helps to stick the patty together. And I use ground beef (Mince)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

My recipe is not from U-Tube I only posted this because I use an egg as well and some

breadcrumbs which helps to stick the patty together. And I use ground beef (Mince)

Sounds similar to mine, when I make them.

Minced Beef, small amount of minced pork or bacon, seasoned, worcestershire sauce, mustard, mixed with egg and table spoon of breadcrumbs to bind. ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Sounds similar to mine, when I make them.

Minced Beef, small amount of minced pork or bacon, seasoned, worcestershire sauce, mustard, mixed with egg and table spoon of breadcrumbs to bind. ????

I guess you are a good cook as well, as I mentioned in another thread I did win a

cooking competition on TV many years ago in Australia so I don't think I am a bad cook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

I guess you are a good cook as well, as I mentioned in another thread I did win a

cooking competition on TV many years ago in Australia so I don't think I am a bad cook.

I can cook most things, nothing fancy, basic home-cooking and baking I would call it.

More of a hobby at one time. Enjoy making the odd meal and playing in the Kitchen when "she who will be obeyed" allows it! she doesnt like me in there says its her job...555

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I can cook most things, nothing fancy, basic home-cooking and baking I would call it.

More of a hobby at one time. Enjoy making the odd meal and playing in the Kitchen when "she who will be obeyed" allows it! she doesnt like me in there says its her job...555

Well I do just home cooking now, no point for me to cook all the fancy meals I did years ago

since I am by myself now. But I still enjoy cooking. As you know I am not in Thailand anymore

I moved back years ago, most Australians cook at home, yes many buy take away but that

is just junk food and it is not cheap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well I do just home cooking now, no point for me to cook all the fancy meals I did years ago

since I am by myself now. But I still enjoy cooking. As you know I am not in Thailand anymore

I moved back years ago, most Australians cook at home, yes many buy take away but that

is just junk food and it is not cheap.

You are right, making food at home can be very cost effective. Cooking baking in quantity etc and breaking it down and freezing it and so on. Amazing how the time flies too when your in the kitchen...55555.....Its a nice sense of achievement and tastes that bit better when you make it yourself from raw ingredients.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Bread crumbs and eggs?

Yes, I use pork too as the beef here is not worth the price.

Along with the minced pork I put in a little fine chopped onion , 3 big cloves of garlic , mixed herbs , a little fennel, a couple of dashes of Worcester sauce ,black pepper and some flour to help bind the mix.

Press the mix into non stick rings for nice shape then fry in oil. When cooled, into the freezer.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes, I use pork too as the beef here is not worth the price.

I got the sense that Thai beef usually came from the buffaloes that were too old to keep working...

Oh.  And I stand by my contention that it's meatloaf if you use fillers like bread crumbs.  Not that I blame anyone if they're making hamburgers from old, decrepit buffalo meat.  But they'll need more than breadcrumbs to kill the smell.

Edited by impulse