The Ignore List

Lacessit

What I don't understand is why people don't just ignore other users they don't like or ignore posts they don't like and instead resort to reporting posts trying to get people in trouble. 

TV Members when they see stuff they don't like turn in to BBQ Becky calling the cops on people. 

sd-oakland-bbq-controversy-20180521

• Like 2

Just one that I can recall.... Forgot their name, but they were stalking & literally attacking me on every comment I'd make.....Observed it happening with a few other posters other than me....

Got tired of being cannon fodder for some sociopath....

3 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Just one that I can recall.... Forgot their name, but they were stalking & literally attacking me on every comment I'd make.....Observed it happening with a few other posters other than me....

Got tired of being cannon fodder for some sociopath....

No comment, just checking it wasn't me ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

However, it does make me wonder about the attention span of TV posters who use the ignore list. As for the ones with long ignore lists- how many enemies do they think they have?

It is not about enemies, it is about not being bothered having to sort through a bunch of <deleted>.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Some posters shoulsn't be on Thaivisa never mind an 'ignore list' these people are usually posters that have been banned and are reborn again posters. They usually get their kicks out of baiting other members and will not listen to anything you say, show them eveidence and they will twist it to suit their own personal agenda. 

You can ignore their posts but they are incapable of ignoriing yours and the only way to stop seeing the bile they continually feel the need to post is to put them on ignore, hardly a life sentense I know but it does give a little respite from them.

Hello...again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Some posters shoulsn't be on Thaivisa never mind an 'ignore list' these people are usually posters that have been banned and are reborn again posters. They usually get their kicks out of baiting other members and will not listen to anything you say, show them eveidence and they will twist it to suit their own personal agenda. 

You can ignore their posts but they are incapable of ignoriing yours and the only way to stop seeing the bile they continually feel the need to post is to put them on ignore, hardly a life sentense I know but it does give a little respite from them.

They usually get their kicks out of baiting other members and will not listen to anything you say, show them eveidence and they will twist it to suit their own personal agenda.

Why 'swallow' their bait? Just ignore them, or better still, take them by their hand and lead them up the garden path...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Can I have a Multi Choice Quiz

Would you like a neon sign as well? The hint he posted obviously went straight through to the wicketkeeper.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

OK. the word Teachers doesn't need capitalisation, it should be 'teachers' (plural of teacher) unless it's the brand-name Scotch whisky in which case it would become "Teacher's" or that which is distilled and bottled by a company founded by William Teacher.

The same applies to 'ignore'.

The same, no capitalisation rule applies to spell check which possibly could benefit from a hyphen as in spell-check.

Typically, a space needs to be inserted after a full stop so correctly it would read "...spell-check. Pedantic..."

Once again, capitalisation of 'twerps' is only required if the word opens a sentence or is used in a one-word sentence. One word sentences are not formally acceptable unless one is writing a novel or screenplay where dramatic effect may take precedent over good grammar. However, this is more common and apparently more acceptable in the American English dialog such as "Touchdown!" and "MAGA!"

On a final point, placing full stops on either side of an exclamation mark is not only redundant but a flogging offense (or offence).

I appreciate that English isn't your first language so I trust that this brief lesson in spelling and grammar will be taken onboard with the good spirit that engendered it.

Thanks!

NL

PS: Are you German? This profligate and random capitalisation suggests it may be a possibility.

One thing i have learned is that Pedantic upsets the "If You Cant do nothing Teach Gang". I am a Cloggie as English call me here.! Funny that same as Yorkshire Pudding Folk. I learned English from an Old Brit Army Colonel 60 years ago in Germany not a secondary modern  lefty idiots they employ in Brit Schools today . The last bit of info comes from the rich retired Brits i meet here, Just earsay. !.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

One thing i have learned is that Pedantic upsets the "If You Cant do nothing Teach Gang". I am a Cloggie as English call me here.! Funny that same as Yorkshire Pudding Folk. I learned English from an Old Brit Army Colonel 60 years ago in Germany not a secondary modern  lefty idiots they employ in Brit Schools today . The last bit of info comes from the rich retired Brits i meet here, Just earsay. !.

Some of my best mates are Cloggies.

There were lefty idiots way back then as well, even in the British army. Was he from Yorkshire?

I only have one on my ignore list, I keep forgetting to delete him. I have never bothered with my ignore list for a very long time now, so the very few posters I do not like, I watch for their posts so I can annoy them when the chance comes up, all within the forums rules of course.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

However, it does make me wonder about the attention span of TV posters who use the ignore list. As for the ones with long ignore lists- how many enemies do they think they have?

Everyone your going on my list now. ????

• Haha 1

CLOSED !

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 2