The Ignore List

Lacessit

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

What are you doing here? You said yesterday you were going to ignore me, remember? Do you have short-term memory problems?

Seems to me he was answering my question... obviously a thread posted by a user still shows even if that user is on one's ignore list.

Just now, bodga said:

How do you know?

This forum shows an ignored post with the line "You have chosen to ignore posts by this user", so you know they've posted. I actually prefer another forum and Facebook's approach, where ignored users are completely gone from your world.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

You're dining with bus Clippy's now? Is it the uniform that attracts?

At this point, I should be lecturing about going off topic. But it's too entertaining seeing NCC getting his just desserts.

22 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i have three people on my list and they really had to <deleted> me off to get there.

i think of them as being in the dungeon of my castle while I am feasting with fare maidens.  

Feasting With.........or Feasting On............:whistling:

• Haha 2

I just checked, I have 5 people on my ignore list. Most of them I don't remember anymore.

Normally I put "people" on that list if they are ignorant. There is i.e. that guy who thinks he is the great computer guy but he writes a lot of garbage. I really don't need to see his "advice".

Most of the nutters are not on my ignore list. It's often kind of funny reading their posts. But I have to be careful when I reply to them and tell them what I think about them. That got me banned for a couple of days not only once.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I have 3 pages of people on my ignore list.

No time for people who 'hate', or are 'sad' or 'confused'.

No sword brandishing, once you're gone, you're gone.

A small message to point out there's no longer any point of quoting my posts seems reasonable.

But there's many mentally ill posters who appear to still write messages to someone who'll never see them.

Most who make my ignore list appear to be banned a month or two later.

Although I have 3 pages of people on Ignore, less than 10 appear to be still active members.

If you are ignoring posters how do you know they are banned or inactive?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I think you do care, out of the two quotes above. Seems to me that you felt the need to even open a new thread about it. Just get over it. It ain´t so bad. You know you´re getting advice from a professional here. I can probably not count how many ignore lists I am on. ????????????

Sorry, you're wrong. I don't care. However, I do have an inquiring mind which is curious about the psychology of posters who feel it's necessary to use the ignore function.

• Like 1