Pattaya Property

plumberman123

11 hours ago, newnative said:

No, that's not a fact.  Higher end, high quality condos, especially those with a seaview, will often sell faster than the more numerous small, cheap, no-view condos with nothing special going for them.  Some that might buy one of these cheap condos often choose to rent, instead.  Those who are well-off are more likely to want to own their own space--and look for something special to buy.  Most of my Pattaya friends are financially comfortable and they all own--either condos or houses.  

Do you have seminars or a book?

Seriously, you are the only person I have heard of who claims to have made a profit on the "numerous" Thailand properties you have bought and sold.

But of course a "profit" could be 10,000 b hardly seems worth it.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pattayadude said:

sorry,i dont understand the question

I know of two friends who sold theirs for less than what they paid 6 years ago

In baht term or their home currency... That was my point... the baht has strengthened a lot in the intervening years.?

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Do you have seminars or a book?

Seriously, you are the only person I have heard of who claims to have made a profit on the "numerous" Thailand properties you have bought and sold.

But of course a "profit" could be 10,000 b hardly seems worth it.

It is true that  ~80%+ of buyers lose money in the property market.  Mostly sheep.  What you little sheep need to ask yourselves, who are the 20% that made money?  It just depends on what side of the sale you are on. I've made millions of Baht in profit, just need to be smart, and inside.

• Like 2

Over 30 years here with buying/selling properties (just my wife and myself). A few condos, but mainly land and houses.

Always made a profit on selling, plus factor in the rental (if they were rented out). So if you are careful when and where you buy, you should always come out well ahead.

But one caveat...if you do not have capital resources, and have to sell in bad times (such as now), then of coarse you'll lose money, as then buyers have the advantage.

Edited by thainet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pattaya financial crisis - too funny!@

Too funny, indeed!  Apparently only Pattaya in all the world is being impacted by the virus and now this crisis will be known and identified throughout the world, from this day forward and through history, as the Pattaya Financial Crisis.  I guess the world does revolve around Pattaya--which helps to explain all those posters all over the world who simply must stop what they are doing and rush to comment on anything remotely to do with Pattaya--even some of them who have never been to Pattaya.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

All your comments are based around the bar scene, that's not the be all and end all of Pattaya.

Pattaya offers a lot more than than, you should get out more and experience it then you would appreciate the quiet times right now.

I do appreciate the quiet time, but I don't like it this quiet.  Once again, you don't actually live in Pattaya.  Right?

I know all that Pattaya has to offer.  I've even done some of the cheesy tourists things. 

In case you haven't noticed, the bar scene aka hospitality industry, is the biggest economic driver in Pattaya. 

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In baht term or their home currency... That was my point... the baht has strengthened a lot in the intervening years.?

true that. I'll try to make my point with an example.when the American "Mr. Joe Farang" bought his condo in 2006, condos were cheap and so was the baht($=47). when he sold his condo in 2012 condos were more expensive and so was the baht($=31). Joe made two profits(property value appreciation and currency conversion)from that sale.Jack bought Joe's condo in 2012 and sold it in 2020. Jack lost money from this sale(property depreciation in Pattaya) and give-or-take broke even on currency($=32)

20 hours ago, newnative said:

No seminars, no book.  But 25 years of experience, here and in the US.  If you've read some of my posts you might have picked up a thing or two.  I post to counter a bit all the negativity--knowing more people write letters of complaint than praise. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made a profit.  Every now and then someone else chimes in, which is nice.  It's likely that every single original buyer at The Base has made a profit--that's about a 1000 buyers right there.  Same story if you were an original buyer at other projects--such as Centric Sea, Unixx, and others.  Thousands more there.

We bought for 3MB at The Base and sold for 4.25MB.  We bought for 2.4MB at Centric Sea and sold for 3.25MB, about ditto for a Unixx 1 bedroom.  Not huge amounts, but not peanuts, at least for me.  But, I've never claimed huge profits.  I've only ever said I've always made a profit and it's something I enjoy.  It does help to be careful about what you buy, where you buy, when you buy, what you do with the condo, and when you sell.   

yes you caught the wave, the Chinese wave,but now you are stuck,the profit you made is wiped out by the last purchase, You will certainly not get back what you wanted or paid for.

The 2 or 3 offers you quoted on week or so before ,never realised,just  people wanting the desperate to unload

Buy anything now ,it will be half price in a year or two

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, izod10 said:

yes you caught the wave, the Chinese wave,but now you are stuck,the profit you made is wiped out by the last purchase, You will certainly not get back what you wanted or paid for.

The 2 or 3 offers you quoted on week or so before ,never realised,just  people wanting the desperate to unload

Buy anything now ,it will be half price in a year or two

Yes, you're right.  I did catch the wave.  Quite easy to buy and sell condos at a profit from the time I arrived in 2010 until the virus.  I had 2 sales in 2019.  The 17th and final condo I have for sale goes to closing next month but will likely be pushed back to July with the travel restrictions.  The showings I did awhile back were for backup contracts.  Always good to have a Plan B. 

So, we're in the midst of the virus and nobody knows what's going to happen with property prices.  Might be rocky for a few years.  I went through the same thing before in the US.  Bought a condo during the property crash and thought I got a good deal and then the market crashed further.  Could have sold at a loss but why would you unless you were desperate for money.  I wasn't using the condo, myself, so I found a renter for the condo and then sold it at a profit when the housing market recovered.  

In the current situation, I don't have to find a renter, or a buyer, for that matter, as I need my last two condos for myself--one to live in and a getaway condo in Bangkok.  If you're here for the long haul, as I am, you don't need to be held hostage to the ups and downs of property prices.  I always need to have a roof over my head, hate to rent, so I will need to always own a condo wherever I am.  If you don't want or need to sell, what property prices are at any given time is really not that important.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, newnative said:

We bought for 3MB at The Base and sold for 4.25MB.  We bought for 2.4MB at Centric Sea and sold for 3.25MB, about ditto for a Unixx 1 bedroom.

Just out of curiosity, do those purchase prices you quote include the dressing up of the condo?

9 minutes ago, Susco said:

Just out of curiosity, do those purchase prices you quote include the dressing up of the condo?

It varied.  The Base and Centric Sea 1 bedrooms came fully furnished.  Since they were both to be rentals, we didn't make too many changes.  We added custom bath vanities to both, window treatments, art work, clothes washers, electronics, and at The Base we changed the cooktop to induction.  We had to buy and do everything with the View Talay and Rayong shells. 

With the condos we used for ourselves, we did more extensive changes, especially the past few years when we bought bigger condos.  For example, we bought a 2 bedroom/2 bath at Centric Sea to live in.  Even though it was new, we gutted the brand new kitchen because it was not good quality and we had a better layout in mind.  We only used the furniture that came with the condo in the second bedroom--the rest we used in other condos--including the 1 bedroom at Centric where we added some of the kitchen cabinets we got rid of in the 2br.

We used a lot of custom pieces in the condo--including a custom sofa, armoire, dining table, vanities, master bedroom bed and bed tables, and a bar/serving piece in the dining area.  Plus some nice Asian antiques to break up all the modern.  We bought the condo for 7MB, spent 1.5MB on the furniture and renovation, and sold for 10.5MB.  It was a bit of a gamble to spend so much on a new condo but we were planning to live there.  We ended up selling because we decided the balcony was too small and the project was getting a lot of daily renters.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, newnative said:

We bought the condo for 7MB, spent 1.5MB on the furniture and renovation, and sold for 10.5MB.

Well done you it's nice to read that someone has had a nice profit. That will make the likes of Leaver seethe with anger and frustration at their lack of ability and how they have ended up balloon chasing and renting tiny fan rooms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Central Pattaya said:

Well done you it's nice to read that someone has had a nice profit. That will make the likes of Leaver seethe with anger and frustration at their lack of ability and how they have ended up balloon chasing and renting tiny fan rooms.

Thanks.  It's been fun.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

I do appreciate the quiet time, but I don't like it this quiet.  Once again, you don't actually live in Pattaya.  Right?

I know all that Pattaya has to offer.  I've even done some of the cheesy tourists things. 

In case you haven't noticed, the bar scene aka hospitality industry, is the biggest economic driver in Pattaya. 

You need to pay attention, i lived in Pattaya 2003-2011 (ish) in a house.

I still maintain a condo in Pratumnak that i visit maybe once a month for about 4-5 days each time.

I know pattaya very well, don't worry about my knowledge of that.

41 minutes ago, izod10 said:

This must be the most gormless quote for an age.  I'm a renter,glad I am,still have a pot or two stashed,not burning my fingers on (could not even say falling) its gone bust,total.

Now rents are falling faster than the whores knickers ,and I can say as a past owner I sure am glad I got out especially with the prospect of nil return,what you bought you will keep to your dying day,or until u quit Thailand leaving your investment lol behnd

was always quoted by owners that renters do not have a pot to <deleted> in,least can afford more than the few pots,try and sell it ,go on,not a cat in hells chance,that is what a possession is about,being attractive enough to get shut,quickly I might add,pre covid ,hardly moved,post covid dead as the dodo

Oh good, we have an admission of one reason our renters always get their knickers in a twist: the worry that either they don't have enough money to buy property or that somebody might think they don't. OH NO. Poor snowflakes.

Such painful feelings of inferiority need an outlet. So, feel better by lashing out at those who clearly do have the money and try to sow discontent. Heh heh.

Sorry, it never works. Really. Just wastin' time. I think it's mostly about renters gathering en masse in a real estate thread to enforce the groupthink, finding comfort in numbers. I enjoy laughing at our FOOLS BUY REAL ESTATE, COMING CRASH! and CONDO GLUT brigade, however. They've been here forever, saying the same things, promoting the Little Miss Muffet theory of Thailand residence.

Would you rest easier to know that in fact the only time an owner cares about the financial status of a renter is when the renter wants to rent a property from the owner?

Now that that's out of the way . . . .

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Central Pattaya said:

If leaver has tiny fan room its up to him,so if I'm the likes of Leaver I assure you that seething with anger and frustration I most certainly am not,just the opposite I promise you.

Nice big palace Id say,and if  and I mean if I did decided on a purchase ,at now paying a peppercorn rent is hardly worthwhile,the amount of rent even if I lived another 25 years would not come anywhere close to the amount Id have to shell out to own,plus the owner pays for everything repair wise.

if anyone is twisted with anger its the ones commenting on,and stuck in a bog that they will never get out of

Even to you,you realise the game is up in Pattaya especially,property wise,thousands of em,tens of thousands empty/up for rent/abandoned..finished kaput.

Enjoy your property owning time here,cannot say I particularly want to join you,but hey ,were all different  lol

Edited by izod10

1 hour ago, izod10 said:

If leaver has tiny fan room its up to him,so if I'm the likes of Leaver I assure you that seething with anger and frustration I most certainly am not,just the opposite I promise you.

Nice big palace Id say,and if  and I mean if I did decided on a purchase ,at now paying a peppercorn rent is hardly worthwhile,the amount of rent even if I lived another 25 years would not come anywhere close to the amount Id have to shell out to own,plus the owner pays for everything repair wise.

if anyone is twisted with anger its the ones commenting on,and stuck in a bog that they will never get out of

Even to you,you realise the game is up in Pattaya especially,property wise,thousands of em,tens of thousands empty/up for rent/abandoned..finished kaput.

Enjoy your property owning time here,cannot say I particularly want to join you,but hey ,were all different  lol

We are certainly different, some of us went to school.

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

Oh good, we have an admission of one reason our renters always get their knickers in a twist: the worry that either they don't have enough money to buy property or that somebody might think they don't. OH NO. Poor snowflakes.

Such painful feelings of inferiority need an outlet. So, feel better by lashing out at those who clearly do have the money and try to sow discontent. Heh heh.

Sorry, it never works. Really. Just wastin' time. I think it's mostly about renters gathering en masse in a real estate thread to enforce the groupthink, finding comfort in numbers. I enjoy laughing at our FOOLS BUY REAL ESTATE, COMING CRASH! and CONDO GLUT brigade, however. They've been here forever, saying the same things, promoting the Little Miss Muffet theory of Thailand residence.

Would you rest easier to know that in fact the only time an owner cares about the financial status of a renter is when the renter wants to rent a property from the owner?

I reckon I know you,Sixsmith or something like

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

I reckon I know you ..Sixsmith or something like in a previous life,always liked throwing throwaway statements about  "  groupthink""poor snowflakes""little Miss Muffet of Thai residency"  whatever that garbage is supposed to mean sort of pads out a more than generalised gormless post.  As stated you wish to talk property up in a dire and utterly market collapsed state

Id say the other way around"the renter wants to rent property from the owner"  I tell you its the other way around,give notice I want to quit,the owner shoves all sorts of inducements to stay,because he knows,yes he does,the chances of renting his pile are slim to non-existent

Could not give a toss,owning

So 95% here lost money or cant sell his property except Newative ?

Then i will assume that Newative lost also just only he doesn’t know how to calculate properly.

agent fees, sales and purchase tax, furnishings and furniture Condo upgrades , exchanging of currencies in and out etc etc..No profits but losses.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

So 95% here lost money or cant sell his property except Newative ?

Then i will assume that Newative lost also just only he doesn’t know how to calculate properly.

agent fees, sales and purchase tax, furnishings and furniture Condo upgrades , exchanging of currencies in and out etc etc..No profits but losses.

and all those who invested  in Waterfront building and some other dicey projects lost their a$$es.

Pattaya is the "boulevard of  broken dreams" now and for the foreseeable future

Pattaya Walking Street – where no one is walking anymore - Pattaya ...

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:10 PM, BigStar said:

No. And bar scene ≠ hospitality industry as a whole. I suppose it would seem so, however, to one who never leaves that scene. Thais have nice saying about the frog who lives in a coconut shell.

If hospitality isn't the biggest industry in Pattaya, what is, financial services?  ???? 

On 5/10/2020 at 3:46 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

You need to pay attention, i lived in Pattaya 2003-2011 (ish) in a house.

I still maintain a condo in Pratumnak that i visit maybe once a month for about 4-5 days each time.

I know pattaya very well, don't worry about my knowledge of that.

Pattaya has changed a lot since 10 years ago. 

At 4 to 5 days a month, that's only 2 months of the year.  

When's the last time you visited the entertainment areas of Walking Street and LK Metro?  When's the last time you have looked at an online property agent for Pattaya?

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Pattaya has changed a lot since 10 years ago. 

At 4 to 5 days a month, that's only 2 months of the year.  

When's the last time you visited the entertainment areas of Walking Street and LK Metro?  When's the last time you have looked at an online property agent for Pattaya?

Not been to walking st forever, don't have the patience for it and the people that go there.

I keep up to date with the property market.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

If hospitality isn't the biggest industry in Pattaya, what is, financial services?  ???? 

You've merely ignored the point as usual. Nor does your favorite emoji help to fool anyone.