Pattaya children’s home hit by donation shortage due to COVID-19

webfact

Pattaya children’s home hit by donation shortage due to COVID-19

94128978_3123524347668478_6476482774499852288_o.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

The manager of a children’s home in Pattaya has revealed the significant impact the COVID-19 pandemic is having on donations.

According to Pisorn Noja, Director of the Center for Human Trafficking in Children and Abused Children in the Chonburi, known locally as Baan Kru Ja, is receiving much less in the way of donations than before the outbreak of the coronaivurs. 

A triple whammy of fundraising and donations has been affected by donors being in lockdown, fundraising events being cancelled and the centre itself being forced to shut its doors to outsiders has meant a plunge in donations.

Furthermore, because the centre is closed, the children staying there are confined to the centre and have not been able to attend many of the various planned activities and events which are vital to aid their personal development and wellbeing.

94036509_3123524387668474_6050961707147198464_o.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Mr Pisorn said there are currently 42 children staying at the centre, many of whom are from abusive homes or have been victims of trafficking. 

He added that the centre only has enough funds to cover the next semester and its future after that remains uncertain. 

Mr Prison said that people can still donate the likes of  rice, food, clothes and money in person to the centre, where staff will collect the items from outside. 

Baan Kru Ka is located at Village Number 7, Nong Prue, Banglamung. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

• Sad 1

All charities greatly suffer doring this time, being it for children, adults or animals. Their need is great. This one is lucky to have enough to last for some time. 

I already donated to some organisations and many other people are doing the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Preacher said:

All charities greatly suffer doring this time, being it for children, adults or animals. Their need is great. This one is lucky to have enough to last for some time. 

I already donated to some organisations and many other people are doing the same. 

True, charity is stretched thin..

There is a person thats claims they are fully paying for their monthly costs,  but due to covid they have been unable to get the regular large portions of donations,  therefore times like this exposes his lies.   This charity needs money as much as all of the others,  either way thanks to the hundreds of donations that has been set aside by this guy to get to them one day (hopefully) in the future.

It is reported that 65000 baht a month is being donated plus covid 19 insurance for all at the centre clothes,bikes,building and maintenance cost have been met and that a full time live in cooks wages are being paid and that there is enough money to keep the centre until August 2021?something in the centres comments not tell true picture

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jomtien john said:

It is reported that 65000 baht a month is being donated plus covid 19 insurance for all at the centre clothes,bikes,building and maintenance cost have been met and that a full time live in cooks wages are being paid and that there is enough money to keep the centre until August 2021?something in the centres comments not tell true picture

Agreed. Something in this story does not ring true, either they are getting the donations you indicate or they are not?

There must be TV members on "the ground" who can enlighten us a little more.

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

There has just been a 6 month appeal on a Pattaya FBook page that closed recently. They raised Baht 1.6-1.7 Million, where is that money?

Great question, if someone knows can they please post what's happened to that money (of which I donated 5000 Baht) because when I asked a perfectly reasonable question on the one and only page with information about it I was immediately blocked!

I'll only donate directly to big charities in good standing like Care4Kids in the future. 

Seems to me they are not declaring a current shortage of funding, but rather that without activities and fundraisers the revenue stream has all but dried up.

Could be they are hoping for some government assistance, as the shutdown is also affecting them financially