So, What Did You Do With Your Songkhran?

p1p

In Bangkok - Cooked out (BBQ), relaxed and let they lads have a splash. Wife enjoyed herself with the Somtom Gang so all was good.

Icy cold mind benders (beer) at Patpong, 15 April 7am was a one man show. :o

Relaxed too! :D

:D

I know we got very carried away but there was no maliceous intent but I honestly believe we and to the greatest extent me, am responsible for the start of the downfall of this festival by turning it from a gentle hand washing ceremony to the huge water fight it has become over the years.

Hey you old - Songkran hating - farts out there. We didn't even have to water-board him for this true confession. This is the guy! :o

songkran ..

I stay up till 7-9 am . on 13th . and went to sleep at about 10 am ..

cos everyone is out having fun all the business is clsoe and my phone ring less for once .

so i had a great sleep from 10 am till 10 pm ..

wake up .. have my Breakfast ( dinner )

relax watch news . read online news . check e-mail , call some oversea customer .

relax and started my website . on my car audio . so research and collect data for posting .

same thing .. around 9 am i went to sleep .

alot of friends clal me before hand i give one simple excuse . Motorcycle spoil ( motorccyle working fine - just an excuse )-

since is songkran and the crazy traffic jam

So i sleep another 12 hour -

and repeat the cycle again .

IN fact .. this is the first 12 hour cycle sleep i had in many month .

songkran is GREAT :o now that i had 3 full 12 hour cycle of sleep , i find that sleeping is more addictive then sex , drug , food , money .

cos just 3 days i am dying to sleep more

First Songkran here since 2004. So got a bit wet mostly on last day, lots of friends stopped by, got more wet etc.

But on 15 Apr got weird phonecall (0730 in the morning).

"Hello I'm calling from the BBC" (Took a moment to register at 0730, sounded plausible as definitely a Brit)

Me: " Do I know you? "

"Uh no,I'm calling to find out what the atmosphere is like in Chiang Mai at Songkran? I need someone to tell me what happens and what the general atmosphere is like in the city"

Me: " Uh, probably wet. " (At this point almost told him to get the BBC to buy him a plane ticket so he could do his investigations by himself).

Then my brain kicked in and told me if I didn't get rid of him quickly this could turn into a long boring conversation with me basically doing his work, so told him; didn't have a clue only arrived in Chiang mai previous night. Then he tried to get info of people he could call to find out, so gave him the name of a couple of newspapers. Geez does the BBC really do their research like this? I must admit it was tempting to say something really weird and then go and check the BBC website to see if he was stupid enough to publish it.

Anyone else get a strange BBC phone call - or anyone want to own up to Songkran practical jokes!!

Anyone else get a strange BBC phone call - or anyone want to own up to Songkran practical jokes!!

Ok fess up - it was a wheeze

CB

Is this Strine for a "breather"?

Just wondering from a purely sociological linguistic perspective.

Professor Emeritus McG :o