I have a border pass so when the checkpoints open again I need to depart within 7 days. But how do I know if the checkpoints have reopened? (Update: Error corrected)

Hi,

I'm GG, a very nice and polite guy.

I have a border pass so when the checkpoints open again I need to depart within 7 days. But how do I know if the checkpoints have reopened?

Last time I arrived from Myawaddy to Maesot was the third of February 2020. Then I have extended twice and now with the new temporary rules I will be allowed to stay until the 31st of July.

But it also says "aliens holding border passes must depart within 7 days after the checkpoints are reopened".

So the question is how do I know when the checkpoints have reopened? And do they mean all checkpoints or some specific checkpoints?

GoGet

UPDATE:

I mistakenly thought the visa-free entry (EU/Swedish passport) was a "border pass". That is not the case. If anyone has a link to regulations that apply to visa-free entry holders then please submit it below.

Edited by GoGet

Just now, steve187 said:

are you sure you have a border pass and not a 30 day visa exempt entry, what passport do you hold, if on a visa exempt entry the border pass rules do not apply to you

Ok maybe I misunderstood.

I have a 30 day visa-free entry from the Myawaddy-Mae Sot border. It's an EU (Swedish) passport.

So which rules apply to visa-free entry holders? I couldn't find us on the list. Is there a link?

21 minutes ago, GoGet said:

I have a 30 day visa-free entry from the Myawaddy-Mae Sot border. It's an EU (Swedish) passport.

So which rules apply to visa-free entry holders? I couldn't find us on the list. Is there a link?

This from the ministerial notice that has been extended.

"2. For an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their type of visa (including Visa on Arrival) and an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their visa exemption privileges (P. 30/PP. 14/ PP. 30/PP. 90) whose specified period of time permitted for stay in the Kingdom expires as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020):"

In the recent info graphics posted on the immigration website called everything a visa is the reason for your confusion.

@Ubonjoe

Do you have a link to the announcement which says we can stay until the 31st of July?

I think that announcement was made more recently maybe on the 22nd of April but I cannot find it on immigration.go.th

Just now, GoGet said:

@Ubonjoe

Do you have a link to the announcement which says we can stay until the 31st of July?

I think that announcement was made more recently maybe on the 22nd of April but I cannot find it on immigration.go.th

What's the point. You can stay untill amnesty ends. Currently that's July 31.

If extended further I'm sure you will find out. Many threads already explained that visa exempt entries were included.