Measures on helping farmers to be proposed to Cabinet

snoop1130

Measures on helping farmers to be proposed to Cabinet

By THE NATION

800_5a71cb836ec2df1.jpg

The Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry will reportedly propose to the Cabinet tomorrow (April 28) remedy measures worth Bt150 billion to help farmers suffering from the impacts of Covid-19 and the drought.

The scheme aims to hand out Bt15,000 to each of around eligible 10 million farmers via their Bank for Agricultural and Agricultural Cooperatives accounts.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30386837

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-27

• Like 1

Well done. to the government for once... provided they have enough money in the bank! At 10 million families, farmers are clearly the backbone of the country. In a different time, this would have been labelled as vote buying. In these times, governments around the world are doing the same thing for vital sectors of their economy. I only hope that the government are prepared (and able) to back this payment up if the virus disruption continues.

• Like 1

I suppose we (farm families) should be thankful.  The money will go part of the way to compensate for the 100.000+ baht lose we incurred when we couldn't sell our mangoes.   People suggest ways to utilise the mangoes we cannot sell but we are not set up to process them.  And making mango jam gives us the mango taste for the rest of the year but 7kg is a lot when you see it sitting there in the glass bottles which I bought on Lazada.  

• Like 2