So in fact, everyone is just traveling where ever they want?

NCC1701A

Yep. In Mu Si at the moment, people, primarily from Bangkok, checking in and out all day long. Not overly busy but definitely turning over business. Restaurant is open and people sitting inside and outside in family groups, multiple couples. Very few bothering with masks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

primarily from Bangkok, checking in and out all day long.

yes and a few days ago i noticed a lot of cars now on the main highway here in Hua Hin. I was thinking where are all these people going? 

i have been avoiding the checkpoint just north of HH on the south side of the highway only because i did not want to explain that i just made a uturn a from Makro and that i live here bla bla bla.  

I understand my license plate says PKK on it and I just ASSumed I would be busted right away if I went a few kilometres further into Ratchaburi. 

Technically I can't travel to Cha Am right? I don't have a reason and it is another province. But a Thai friend called me and said look I am at the beach.   

• Like 1

I was going to say what's the point as when you get there everything will be closed including beaches, but evidently people are milling around restaurants... :blink:

Is it worth the risk, since you'd likely be made an example of and duly have your mugshot in all the papers and here on TV. :giggle:  

• Like 1

I have been home for most of the past month but last week i needed to go to Hua-hin to take care of some business.

The check point north of HH was manned but the just let us go.

Had to go back yesterday and the same thing happened,nothing.

My plates are Phetburi so they could see i was crossing into another province.

My take on this?Both provinces have not had any new cases so everybody is starting to relax.

I can totally understand that.What i kind of found strange is that people on motorbikes were also allowed to pass as long as they are wearing a mask,helmets seem to be optional.

I must say a car ahead of us (from Bangkok)was stopped and temperature was checked.

• Thanks 1

i have a farang friend who is in HH and he is going back to BKK. He lives in both places. 

if he can go, why can't i go on a secret mission and just stay with a friend? no hotel. 

i could use grab taxi door to door.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I went to Villa Market a few days ago, I notice that they are running low on some imported food items.

I like the Oscar Mayer sliced turkey, none of that left at all.

Not the Oscar Mayer sliced turkey................God! Life can be a real bitch at times

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i have a farang friend who is in HH and he is going back to BKK. He lives in both places. 

if he can go, why can't i go on a secret mission and just stay with a friend? no hotel. 

i could use grab taxi door to door.  

Sure you can,why don't you?

As long as you observe curfew hours wear a mask and apply social distancing where it is required.You can use grab or a tuk tuk,just make sure you let the other party know you are coming over.

If you know what i mean.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jvs said:

I have been home for most of the past month but last week i needed to go to Hua-hin to take care of some business.

The check point north of HH was manned but the just let us go.

Had to go back yesterday and the same thing happened,nothing.

My plates are Phetburi so they could see i was crossing into another province.

My take on this?Both provinces have not had any new cases so everybody is starting to relax.

I can totally understand that.What i kind of found strange is that people on motorbikes were also allowed to pass as long as they are wearing a mask,helmets seem to be optional.

I must say a car ahead of us (from Bangkok)was stopped and temperature was checked.

Dosen't matter where your license plate is from! Like many from north go buy car from Bangkok coz cars more cheap. And plenty of used car sell also to other province! Thai police is not Sherlock. Only watch what province you are going  and what is rules there. And whitch you need to crossing to get your destination. Coz some can have different rules.

Btw remember buy new tax stamp in car in 2 month periot ????

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still stuck on the sofa not moved. Oooh.. I'm lying.. I went to the fridge to get some booze. Then straight back on the sofa. 

Tell ya something though when i eventually go back to work I'm gonna be fxxxked, I'm in construction 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

why can't i go on a secret mission and just stay with a friend?

I guess said friend is female and NCC is going nuts having not been laid in weeks? Yes, you can go, so long as you observe the Govt prescribed social distance of 2 meters. How you make love while doing this is not my problem. (But then it is a secret mission so no one will know eh? ..... except every one of us on this Forum!)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I guess said friend is female and NCC is going nuts having not been laid in weeks? Yes, you can go, so long as you observe the Govt prescribed social distance of 2 meters. How you make love while doing this is not my problem. (But then it is a secret mission so no one will know eh? ..... except every one of us on this Forum!)

Ncc is gonna need a big old bill to blow the doors off his lady friend 

Or just stick a bag on her head 

Edited by Davo369

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Because no way I am sitting home anymore for one or two more months if everybody is just traveling around having a great time.  

Can I ask a serious question? How would you feel if during your travels you contracted the virus and subsequently passed it on to someone who then died?  Would that be OK as long as you've had your travel needs satisfied?

The lockdown in the UK is probably better policed than it is in Thailand but its is still possible to move around without too many problems.  I comply with the requirements because I don't want to be the one who passes the virus on and neither do I want it passing on to me or my family. I live in a tourist area in the UK and I see people breaking the rules here constantly - especially as we've been having unseasonally good weather recently. It doesn't make me want to be one of them - I despise them. Thankfully the local police have now stopped warning people and are issuing fines.

Do you not feel that you have a moral responsibility to act correctly despite the fact that others are not? You may not care about yourself but why should you be allowed to put others at risk?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Can I ask a serious question? How would you feel if during your travels you contracted the virus and subsequently passed it on to someone who then died?  Would that be OK as long as you've had your travel needs satisfied?

The lockdown in the UK is probably better policed than it is in Thailand but its is still possible to move around without too many problems.  I comply with the requirements because I don't want to be the one who passes the virus on and neither do I want it passing on to me or my family. I live in a tourist area in the UK and I see people breaking the rules here constantly - especially as we've been having unseasonally good weather recently. It doesn't make me want to be one of them - I despise them. Thankfully the local police have now stopped warning people and are issuing fines.

Do you not feel that you have a moral responsibility to act correctly despite the fact that others are not? You may not care about yourself but why should you be allowed to put others at risk?

Shame, shame, shame NCC

• Haha 1

Every day around the world infections and deaths are rising why do some people think they are immune to this problem 

I don't care you get it and die problem is you might infect me 

Huge fines should be imposed on the offenders, when it hurts yer pockets you might think twice

Do you honestly believe the government figures are correct or truthful.

People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Because no way I am sitting home anymore for one or two more months if everybody is just traveling around having a great time.  

It's a land  of show, you should have realised that a long   time ago. Yes everyone IS travelling like  nothing has  happened, had an ex employee turn up here 2  days  ago from Bangkok, no questions asked of him as he travelled down by bus to  Hua  Hin. 

• Thanks 1