So in fact, everyone is just traveling where ever they want?

NCC1701A

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And that is a major problem in Thailand. There is a law against so many things but, as they are rarely or impossible to enforce and often make no sense at all, everyone ignores them. The problem is that that attitude spreads like a cancer throughout society and leads people to ignore every law.

As long as you have genuine common sense, never mind anyones rules or regulations, if you want to break any unfair law, just weigh it up, think about the penalty if caught, and the chances of getting caught.

I have lived this way all my adult life and have no  criminal record whatsoever.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

As long as you have genuine common sense, never mind anyones rules or regulations, if you want to break any unfair law, just weigh it up, think about the penalty if caught, and the chances of getting caught.

I have lived this way all my adult life and have no  criminal record whatsoever.

Agreed.

Sadly there is a severe lack of common sense these days, in fact for years....

On 4/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, NCC1701A said:

i have a farang friend who is in HH and he is going back to BKK. He lives in both places. 

if he can go, why can't i go on a secret mission and just stay with a friend? no hotel. 

i could use grab taxi door to door.  

Because... you just mentioned your intent here on the forum so it's no longer a secret?

This 'Doh!' moment brought to you by...

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:39 PM, daveAustin said:

I was going to say what's the point as when you get there everything will be closed including beaches, but evidently people are milling around restaurants... :blink:

Is it worth the risk, since you'd likely be made an example of and duly have your mugshot in all the papers and here on TV. :giggle:  

And rightly so, you are falling into the same stupid thai thinking, you know the one it starts off, Im alright Jack . 

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

It is not law in Germany to wear a mask.

No federal law has been passed, only the states have introduce rules that masks are to be worn on public transport and when in shops. There are many regional variations and mass confusion. Because the evidence on masks is of course very weak. The UK is absolutely right not to bother to introduce a mask duty.

"The government’s scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) met on Tuesday to review the evidence on wearing face masks. The Guardian understands that the group is split on the best policy to adopt because the evidence is so weak."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/21/scientists-join-calls-for-uk-public-to-wear-homemade-face-masks-outdoors

Having looked at the evidence myself I am clear that there is not enough evidence to justify wearing a mask. I won't be wearing one when shopping in Thailand.

This strikes me as pure ignorance.

Why not endeavor to follow a simple social norm that will help put others at ease?

Why feed the xenophobia and ill feeling out of a misplaced sense of righteousness?

For me putting on a mask to walk in to the 7 11 across the street or my local villa market comprises an entire 20 minutes of my day. 

What is it  exactly that puts you above all this?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

Agreed.

Sadly there is a severe lack of common sense these days, in fact for years....

Membership of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade is increasing every day. ????

On 4/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, NCC1701A said:

i have a farang friend who is in HH and he is going back to BKK. He lives in both places. 

if he can go, why can't i go on a secret mission and just stay with a friend? no hotel. 

i could use grab taxi door to door.  

But nobody cares what you do really, why not simply make a decision on your own, rather than belabour the issue here?

4 minutes ago, n00dle said:

This strikes me as pure ignorance.

Why not endeavor to follow a simple social norm that will help put others at ease?

Why feed the xenophobia and ill feeling out of a misplaced sense of righteousness?

For me putting on a mask to walk in to the 7 11 across the street or my local villa market comprises an entire 20 minutes of my day. 

What is it  exactly that puts you above all this?

What indeed. Some people are childish beyond belief.

36 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would also contemplate whether or not there is an actual benefit to me in non-compliance, that seems rather more to the point.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago,

I'm going to try to go back to Chaiyaphum without those forms on the weekend, I'll let you know how I got on. Of course it might be different in Hua Hin to deepest Isaan...

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, NCC1701A said:

Because no way I am sitting home anymore for one or two more months if everybody is just traveling around having a great time.

Not the best of times, yet definitely not the worst of times for me. 

Not interested in "travel" at present, other than within Pattaya. 

Traveling always a good thing  when you desire and can afford of course

I would assume all a checkpoint would do is make you turn around and go back home? 

No reports here of that, also no mention of fines (though I expect there could be) 

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

I am in Lopburi province ,looking at car registration plates ,they are coming from all over the place ,a lot from Bangkok,in this area the roads are just as busy as before .

People taking advantage of the cheap fuel ,they watch Thai TV it says only 9 new cases yesterday ,no deaths ,lets all get out ,Thai saying, Har-Whun-Ginn -Whun,...... Think one day at a time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:39 PM, daveAustin said:

I was going to say what's the point as when you get there everything will be closed including beaches, but evidently people are milling around restaurants... :blink:

Is it worth the risk, since you'd likely be made an example of and duly have your mugshot in all the papers and here on TV. :giggle:  

The beaches are open.  Never been closed.  Just cannot gather in groups, which is why the stopped the Kiteboarders

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

The beaches are open.  Never been closed.  Just cannot gather in groups, which is why the stopped the Kiteboarders

The closing of the beaches is a part of the Emergency decree. So how can they still be open? 

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

It is not law in Germany to wear a mask.

No federal law has been passed, only the states have introduce rules that masks are to be worn on public transport and when in shops. There are many regional variations and mass confusion. Because the evidence on masks is of course very weak. The UK is absolutely right not to bother to introduce a mask duty.

"The government’s scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) met on Tuesday to review the evidence on wearing face masks. The Guardian understands that the group is split on the best policy to adopt because the evidence is so weak."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/21/scientists-join-calls-for-uk-public-to-wear-homemade-face-masks-outdoors

Having looked at the evidence myself I am clear that there is not enough evidence to justify wearing a mask. I won't be wearing one when shopping in Thailand.

...therefore you will be making those around you uncomfortable. You obviously couldn't care less. Kindly go and live somewhere else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe he's a resident of Banglamung district,then he's officially allowed to enter. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe he's a resident of Banglamung district,then he's officially allowed to enter. 

He isn't; he is a resident in Roi Et but lives and works in Bangkok.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:31 PM, NCC1701A said:

ok i am serious now. anybody else traveling around? 

i am thinking the Thais could make a lot of money with a underground version of AirBNB. 

I live 100k south east of Buriram and was planning to drive to Rayong then was called to the village boss a small stamp was placed in passport and was told when I return I have to self isolate but not at my home in a government facility, decided to stay home.

Just now, ancharee said:

I live 100k south east of Buriram and was planning to drive to Rayong then was called to the village boss a small stamp was placed in passport and was told when I return I have to self isolate but not at my home in a government facility, decided to stay home.

So your passport is invalid due to a silly Thai stamp.

That's great.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So your passport is invalid due to a silly Thai stamp.

That's great.

Actually it's not invalid as I removed it quite easily when I got home and no marks have been made, I did explain that they were not permitted to place any kind of stamp in my passport so he called Buriram said must do.

9 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Don't be too harsh, we are in uncharted waters...

Before, you could not go into a bank wearing a mask - now, you cannot go into a bank unless you are wearing a mask... 

Yea I understand what you are saying but what I'm said isn't really uncharted waters with the virus yes but it you want something to apply then you need especially if you are leading to make sure everyone from top to bottom comprehend the rule. Today there really is no excuse especially with the technology available to everyone if the NFL could just hold their college draft in the basement of the commissioner home and link to the home of all the teams manager I think getting everyone on the same page should be easy but that doesn't seem to be the case with Immigration rules or people who want to travel. They say shut down transportation but yet a post that they are running buses to Ekamai? But Bell bus is shut down to the airport and so are taxi?  undercharted waters yes but like everything inconsistent at best, wear a mask at the checkpoint but no helmet?