Extending Non-O using Income method at Chiang Mai

Does anyone have a recent experience getting a 1 year extension of a non-o visa at Chiang Mai?  As I related in a recent post, the do not allow the income method for USA citizens (no affidavit), but the said they do allow an extension using the income method (w/o affidavit).  I have attached their checklist where item 7.3 speaks to the income method.  But the English translation is confusing as you can see.  If anyone has recent experience with this, or a Thai version of the rules, it could be very useful.  I will be extending in June.

ECD8F64D-F1FC-4A34-9F2A-6DC221C2918E.jpeg

I got my retirement extension as usual early april in CM with an income affidavit from my german embassy.

Your photo states that proof from the embassy is necessary either way for the income or income/deposit way.

So it seams, as an US citizen, you don`t have that route as your embassy does not hand out affidavits anymore.

2 hours ago, bprhodes said:

But the English translation is confusing as you can see.

Another source of confusion (which may not be germane to you, personally, though) lies in item 6 which gives the misleading impression that retirement extensions are only granted to those with original non-O visas - with the implication that those with original non-OA visas are out of luck, even with a valid TGIA-approved health insurance policy!

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can prove your income by proving a transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank from abroad for the past 12 months to apply for your extension. For some unknown reason it was omitted from that piece of paper you posted.

Many people have already done it at Chiang Mai immigration.

I just got a new 3 mo. non-o In CM this month, after entering Thailand in March.  So how can they require 12 months of transfers?  It should be only 3 months, no?

20 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Another source of confusion (which may not be germane to you, personally, though) lies in item 6 which gives the misleading impression that retirement extensions are only granted to those with original non-O visas - with the implication that those with original non-OA visas are out of luck, even with a valid TGIA-approved health insurance policy!

I think the list that I posted is specific for Non-O, they must have a different list for Non-OA.  

1 hour ago, bprhodes said:

I just got a new 3 mo. non-o In CM this month, after entering Thailand in March.  So how can they require 12 months of transfers?  It should be only 3 months, no?

I assumed you were applying for another extension. Only 2 or 3 months should be needed in your case.

• Thanks 1

Item 7.3 seems to say the "combination method" (monthly plus fixed amount totally 800,000 Bt) is allowed. The "embassy affidavit" is not possible for US citizens but apparently the income method (65k/mon) is allowed without the affidavit (as long as you have the bank records to show monthly transfer -- see U.J above). So can the combo method (without the affidavit) be used in C.M? 

I did it in January 2019 and reported it here. I'm a US citizen. 

This year, due to a change in transfer method caused by Bangkok Bank, my deposits had the wrong code in my passbook and statements. Same amounts, same regular date as the previous year. Statements from the pension fund made no difference. Fortunately, I qualified for extension by Thai wife, based on one of my two income sources. UbonJoe is correct, as usual, but I add the caution that your deposits must have the code FTT next to each one. 

18 hours ago, lexilis said:

Item 7.3 seems to say the "combination method" (monthly plus fixed amount totally 800,000 Bt) is allowed. The "embassy affidavit" is not possible for US citizens but apparently the income method (65k/mon) is allowed without the affidavit (as long as you have the bank records to show monthly transfer -- see U.J above). So can the combo method (without the affidavit) be used in C.M? 

In addition to this oddly-numbered document, I was given the attached "addendum" which the nice IO used to point-out the Combo Method was NOT acceptable in Chiang Mai.  Although it seems to also negate the possibility of the monthly income method (for those who are unable to get Consulate verification), he kindly offered that they have more discretion with applicants using the 65+ option.

CM Rules Addendum.jpg

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can prove your income by proving a transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank from abroad for the past 12 months to apply for your extension. For some unknown reason it was omitted from that piece of paper you posted.

Many people have already done it at Chiang Mai immigration.

Also Pathum Thani I/O has in writing that I must have Embassy letter + bank letter certifying evidence of monthly transfers (which I provided)

Moreover they now wanted also an update of my bank book as if I was using the "money in the bank" method...so I was kicked out and I had to come back after depositing 100 Baht and then make an update.