Lockdown eased, but Thailand remains closed to foreign tourists for another month

webfact

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

They don't need the insurance, they already have the virus????

However, its nota guarantee that the antibodies one gets will keep you from getting it again.  I liken it to Chicken Pox and Shingles, both can be caught again if the first case was mild.

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Good. It's about time they started sending the fit birds over rather than the mingers they have been sending up to now.

hahaha ... sadly I think unless you're filthy rich and staying in or living in a high end resort /hotel you aren't going to see 'fit ones'. These birds go where the money is and don't even see your average Joe, even if he's "fit".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Almer said:

I will not be sitting in any place with Chinese any time soon, lets get a definitive answer on how/where the virus escaped/started first.

About 1 in 5 Americans tested has Covid-19. Real figures are much higher. Chances of catching it from a Yank much higher than from a chink. I guess I won’t be sitting next to either. 

• Confused 2

"Taweesin also said Thailand should learn lessons from other countries which had eased lockdown restrictions too early and then experienced a second wave of contagion"

Those other countries had hundreds of cases per day. Many had hundreds of deaths per day. And they still opened up a bit. And they are still a bit open. They know that they have to keep the rate of community transmission lower than 1.0. not at 0.0.

Only Thailand thinks it has to get the rate of transmission to pretty much 0.0 before it opens the economy even a bit.

Only Thailand of all the countries in the world persists with an army-enforced curfew and an alcohol ban.

Only Thailand, with ultra low case transmission, virtually zero community transmission, persists with an army-enforced curfew and an alcohol ban.

• Like 2

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

A post that had a link to an unapproved YouTube video  and the replies have been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.  

This part of the above forum rule:   (Twitter, Facebook  etc.)  applies to YouTube. 

18 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

But then you have to listen to that horrible accent.

What, you don't like that Southern Drawl, or that Nasally New Yorker voice.  Us Californian's have no accent at all, and we just drone on and on....lol

Who would book a Thai holiday for this year knowing that many of the resorts have shut down / bars restaurants and hotels gone out of business . Who knows what will happen with the virus ? may still be around for months  .  Will the mandatory $100,000 covid 19 insurance still be in place ?  With all the recent flight cancellations many folks will be hesitant to book long haul expensive flights . 2020 will be a bad year for the travel industry with cruise ships taking a big hit .

BTW just looked at Eva and Thai for 20th July back 10th August Heathrow / BKK  both around £1000 with no mention of virus insurance requirements . Would you take a chance and book ?

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

She's not alone, and I wonder which ballot box she will NOT be choosing next election day?  

Does it matter, that election has already been decided. Just like the last one.

Edited by RANGER55

1 hour ago, Almer said:

I will not be sitting in any place with Chinese any time soon, lets get a definitive answer on how/where the virus escaped/started first.

Dont expect the facts though.

It seems to depend on the spiel of the country you are residing in.

Of course, in Thailand we already know its the "the dirty farang".

Most other countries likewise blame whoever the locals favourite racism target is.

If you dont have many Chinese tourists then blame the other ethnics who are always kissing and cuddling each other..

Otherwise its those pesky Europeans and backpackers and people on cruise ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrfill said:

Well, at least the streets of Pattaya will be back to normal soon  packed out with thousands of Chinese tourists. That'll keep the expats happy...

What about the expats living in Pattaya? Will they be happy with the Chinese using their "all you can eat" buffets, cr@pping on the kerbside and in taxis, peeing on the airport train, and not to forget the

spreading of disease again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about the expats living in Pattaya? Will they be happy with the Chinese using their "all you can eat" buffets, cr@pping on the kerbside and in taxis, peeing on the airport train, and not to forget the

spreading of disease again?

Obviously yes.

Coronavirus has been pretty much a non-event in Pattaya...................... more cases spread by going to Muay Thai boxing stadiums.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

She's not alone, and I wonder which ballot box she will NOT be choosing next election day?  

Unfortunately ..
A French humorist, Coluche, said:
"if the elections were useful , for a long time that they would have been suppressed"

1 hour ago, Almer said:

The Chinese have politicians too you know. "when their lips move you know they are lying"" springs to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

About 1 in 5 Americans tested has Covid-19. Real figures are much higher. Chances of catching it from a Yank much higher than from a chink. I guess I won’t be sitting next to either. 

good thing racist posts are tolerated eh my man ? who living in the modern world with an ounce of self respect uses that word for identification. 

go get back on your dinosaur and head off to the pasture to fade away. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

You might know the Chinese are the first ones they are wanting to enter Thailand. The ones that started all this and the ones that don't contribute to any of the thai businesses. They only do business with Chinese owned businesses that are part of their tour group.

You never hear anything about the expats with visas that are stranded in other countries and still can't return to our homes in Thailand. The foreigners that actually contribute to the Thai economy. 

What a bitter statement. Truth be told, if the Chinese doesn't contribute to thai economy, why would the Thais bother about them? We are talking about the same greedy money sucking Thais here are we? They should be experts in knowing who contribute most to their coffers don't they?