Lockdown eased, but Thailand remains closed to foreign tourists for another month

webfact

2 hours ago, geisha said:

I’m quite sure that most responsible potential tourists will stay in their own countries, and maybe when they open the EU borders, they will go to Greece, Spain etc for their dose of sunshine. I know in France , with our beautiful coastlines, clean blue waters and good food, we have a good chance of attracting the tourists. Of course, all this depends on the Covid situation this summer. I doubt American tourists will be holidaying abroad. The Russians do what their government tells them to do. I for one  am giving Asia a miss this year, as are all my travel buddies. Certainly, if Thailand is going to be a hub for Chinese tourists, a lot of westerners will not go there . We’ve all had our bad experiences with them. It’s not as if Thailand is a cheap holiday option any more, those days are long gone. I’ve been checking out a few French destinations for my travels this year.The prices are not far off Thai prices. No flights needed, drive yourself and TGV first class will do me. 

And now for chapter 2....yawn!!

• Sad 2

People in government throw out these good hope stories so that the locals don't freak out.  

Everyone knows nobody is coming back.  They can open the doors wide open nobody is flying to Thailand or anywhere else.  

Chinese will come?  Ha!  They wouldn't let them out of China, no chance no way.  

• Like 2

"but Thailand remains closed to foreign tourists for another month"

Without alcohol sales, with bars, restaurants and entertainment venues closed I'm thinking there would be no tourists coming even if all the borders were open.

If the borders were all open, I'd be off on holiday to Cambodia and/or Vietnam until Thailand sorted itself out.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

With this low number of cases, Thailand should open to some countries with low new cases during the last 2 to 3 weeks.

The people in Thailand are suffering more from lack of money/food than possibility of being infected by the virus.

Infection doesn't mean death sentence....just like driving your car doesn't mean you will die in an accident.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, amykat said:

Yes I would be happy to read another thoughtful, well-written post.  Why don’t you go to Twitter if you have ADD??

Please do not make presumptions regarding the mental or physical state of anyone that you not personally familiar with. The worst I may be guilty of is a poor attempt at humour and I doubt that you are qualified to be the judge of that, given your nasty reply.

"Attention deficit disorder (ADD) is a neurological disorder that causes a range of behaviour problems such as difficulty attending to instruction, focusing on schoolwork, keeping up with assignments, following instructions, completing tasks and social interaction"

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Please do not make presumptions regarding the mental or physical state of anyone that you not personally familiar with. The worst I may be guilty of is a poor attempt at humour and I doubt that you are qualified to be the judge of that, given your nasty reply

What was your reply to geisha??  Not just a nasty one-off for no reason???  Can’t take your own medicine???

9 hours ago, geisha said:

I’m quite sure that most responsible potential tourists will stay in their own countries, and maybe when they open the EU borders, they will go to Greece, Spain etc for their dose of sunshine. I know in France , with our beautiful coastlines, clean blue waters and good food, we have a good chance of attracting the tourists. Of course, all this depends on the Covid situation this summer. I doubt American tourists will be holidaying abroad. The Russians do what their government tells them to do. I for one  am giving Asia a miss this year, as are all my travel buddies. Certainly, if Thailand is going to be a hub for Chinese tourists, a lot of westerners will not go there . We’ve all had our bad experiences with them. It’s not as if Thailand is a cheap holiday option any more, those days are long gone. I’ve been checking out a few French destinations for my travels this year.The prices are not far off Thai prices. No flights needed, drive yourself and TGV first class will do me. 

Actually, one factor that may become more relevant, in the era of covid, and this applies in Europe, is this:

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is issued free of charge and allows anyone who is insured by or covered by a statutory social security scheme of the EEA countries, Switzerland and the United Kingdom to receive medical treatment in another member state free or at a reduced cost, if that treatment becomes necessary during their visit (for example, due to illness or an accident), or if they have a chronic pre-existing condition which requires care such as kidney dialysis. The term of validity of the card varies according to the issuing country.

49 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Good news, at least 30 more day with no imported cases of the Corona virus.

Geezer

I need a new case of Corona imported as I am down to just 4 bottles now.....so sad

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

With this low number of cases, Thailand should open to some countries with low new cases during the last 2 to 3 weeks.

The people in Thailand are suffering more from lack of money/food than possibility of being infected by the virus.

Infection doesn't mean death sentence....just like driving your car doesn't mean you will die in an accident.

I agree.  Every country should be color coded.  People from low infection country should be allowed to travel. I see low risk of being infected in most parts of Asia but high risk of no job/no money on this planet. 

• Like 1

Someone better tell tat they said their numbers would increase   I can't see people lining up to come here bad news travels fast with booze bans immigration and thai baht being resisting change  and maybe sitting in a hotel at over inflated prices for 14 days won't bring tourists back either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:
2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Good news, at least 30 more day with no imported cases of the Corona virus.

Geezer

I need a new case of Corona imported as I am down to just 4 bottles now.....so sad

Ha-Ha-Ha! A double entendre joke. I get it.