Under-consideration Chang Wattana

Hi

I have a under-consideration stamp from Muang Thong Thani.  Today (April 30), I went Chang Wattana and was advised that there is no need to get the full stamp (from the information desk).  Neither officials were wearing name badges and both declined to provide their names. 

If anyone is hearing differently about the need to get the full stamp (permission to stay), please let us know.

No need to copy and paste form the decree (thanks).

Keep safe

Went with my 2nd under consideration stamp today, Jomtien office. Can confirm the exact same thing happend there. 

Just pointed to the sign about amnesty and shushed me away. So guess everyone is in the clear.

At Chaengwattana I got 1 'under consideration' stamp on 30 March when my single entry non-o (60 day extension) expired. They gave me under consideration until 27 April. 

I returned to Chaengwattana on 27 April. They stamped my passport with an extension that expired on 28 April and told me I was good under the emergency thing until 31 July. 

I wasn't going to go, but luckily, for once, I listened to my wife and she was correct (for once haha). I needed to get the under consideration stamp cleared.

They did re-stamp my passport and I did have to wait for them to do it, they did not dismiss me. Be leary of dismissals, I fear you may be in for possible overstay and that would be a bad 'surprise!'.

I will attach pics of my stamps after the non-o 60 day extension (my first Wuhan Flu 'under consideration' and the accepted under consideration).

1. non-0 extension until 30 March

2a. Top stamp Under Consideration from 30 March-27 April

2b. Bottom stamp (according to wifey) : has to do with having          US Embassy letter requesting emergency extension

3. Extension granted until 28 April: now covered by emergency        extension until 31 July

I hope this helps. All was done at Chaengwattana.

Any questions I'll try to help.

Non-O 60 day ext..jpg

Under Consideration with Embassy Letter.jpg

Accepted Under Consideration.jpg

Agree with above @dayward1

Went to MTT (May 1) after yesterday being advised at CW that it wasn't necessary to get the permission to stay stamp.

Today, now @ MTT - from a very polite IO.  There are two choices.  If u don't get the final stamp you will be ok to exit the country BUT if in future u need to further extend the stay, you need to complete the process first.

I was the only customer and got the stamp (permitted to stay)

Yesterday at CW, the male Information Officer became very belligerent after I asked to confirm and started to say Yes to each question. The female Information Office showed me the infographic but neither would provide their names.

I would suggest 100% stand ur ground and the get the stamp and go MTT if that's where the under-consideration stamp originated 

Here to help if anyone has a question

Edited by Finlaco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Finlaco

The infograph (all 'visas' are exempt until 31 July) was also shown to me at the queue line from the person in charge of numbers. I had to stress 'Under Consideration'. Wifey requested a queue number to speak to IO which ultimately got my stamp carrying on extension of stay UNTIL 28 April, after which the emergency visa takes place until 31 July.

These people who give the queue numbers ARE NOT Immigration Officers, I suppose they are cheap wage (or free interns). Please, every one, demand a queue number and see an official Immigration Officer. Get your 'Under Consideration' stamp finalized! I think that overstay will occur if you don't.

Cheers all, and stay safe!

Quoting @Finlaco    "Today, now @ MTT - from a very polite IO.  There are two choices.  If u don't get the final stamp you will be ok to exit the country BUT if in future u need to further extend the stay, you need to complete the process first."

I had used my final extension and was due to leave country to get a new visa from abroad on 30March. I had no more extensions available. I have a Single Entry Non-O visa (90 days on entry + 60 days extended). My 60 day extension ended on the 30 March. 

I must stress again everyone, see an Immigration Officer, not the interns. IO have a hard time understanding what is happening. Imagine the information that the queue boys and girls have.

Stay safe and enjoy life all!

On 4/30/2020 at 11:32 AM, ogge said:

Went with my 2nd under consideration stamp today, Jomtien office. Can confirm the exact same thing happend there. 

Just pointed to the sign about amnesty and shushed me away. So guess everyone is in the clear.

@ogge  I'm not sure how you can have 2 'under consideration' stamps. Maybe your stamp expired? I think you will 'guess' wrong. You need to go back and take care of your 'under consideration'. I hope that I am wrong, but better to be safe.

1 hour ago, dayward1 said:

@ogge  I'm not sure how you can have 2 'under consideration' stamps. Maybe your stamp expired? I think you will 'guess' wrong. You need to go back and take care of your 'under consideration'. I hope that I am wrong, but better to be safe.

It seems they now don't want to do the final stamps.  But during the 1st month of "amnesty," they were processing the "under consideration" stamps. 

A 2nd "under consideration" has happened to those on marraige-based non-o extension applications also - the applicant returns to get the final-stamp, and they get another "under consideration" for another 30 days, instead.

Keep in mind - immigration were very unhappy about this "auto extension" business - fought it all the way - demanding embassy-letters when the order said applicants didn't need one - added "bring your landlord and unobtanium landlord-docs - every trick in the book.  It seems they finally got the order to Bleeping-QUIT increasing viral-spread, by making foreigners (and others) come back to the office over-and-over.

Edited by JackThompson

@JackThompson  I don't think they are hesitant to do the final (permitted to stay) stamp.  based on my experience yesterday at CW and MTT (today), CW Information Desk (they are not IO, perhaps) are not sure and assume it's not necessary. I had assumed that MTT was closed and that is why i went there.

Today at MTT, I was the only customer and the stamp was issued immediately.  The IO was very polite and explained that I didn't need it to exit Thailand but if there was to be another extension, then .....

Based on my experience I suggest just ask for a queue number and insist on the permitted stamp.  Play the overly eager farang.  I will sleep easier knowing I have it now

3 hours ago, Finlaco said:

@JackThompson  I don't think they are hesitant to do the final (permitted to stay) stamp.  based on my experience yesterday at CW and MTT (today), CW Information Desk (they are not IO, perhaps) are not sure and assume it's not necessary. I had assumed that MTT was closed and that is why i went there.

Today at MTT, I was the only customer and the stamp was issued immediately.  The IO was very polite and explained that I didn't need it to exit Thailand but if there was to be another extension, then .....

Based on my experience I suggest just ask for a queue number and insist on the permitted stamp.  Play the overly eager farang.  I will sleep easier knowing I have it now

Thank you for this report. I do have 2 "under consideration stamps"..will go back Tuesday and try to get a "final" stamp after reading this thread. 

Arrived on visa exempt in jan did my 30 day extension that was valid until march 30th.

Got under consideration to april 21st, and on 21st another "under consideration", was told to report back on april 29, went and got shushed away.