Trains from Bangkok to some neighbouring provinces back in service

webfact

Trains from Bangkok to some neighbouring provinces back in service

By THE NATION

800_68ff82f5c98df4a.jpg?v=1588252211

The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) has reopened train services to certain destinations from Bangkok from Tuesday (April 28) after most services were suspended due to the Covid-19 crisis.

SRT governor Nirut Maneephan said some services between Bangkok and nearby areas currently running are too overcrowded and not in line with the government’s social-distancing measures.

4I1A3835.jpg

This is why, he said, SRT has decided to reopen some more routes to support travellers.

4I1A3785.jpg

The services that have restarted are:

Train Nos 317 and 318: Bangkok-Lopburi-Bangkok

Train Nos 339 and 340: Bangkok-Kaeng Khoi-Bangkok

Train Nos 379 and 380: Bangkok-Hua Takhe-Bangkok

Train Nos 389 and 390: Bangkok-Chachoengsao-Bangkok.

4I1A3788.jpg

4I1A3798.jpg

4I1A3805.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387088

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-01

Bare skin contact with benches and chairs can help spread the virus if not repeatedly sterilized. But see picture of 2 sitying people in train area. Furthermore, clothing of next sitting person can pick up the virus and carry it onto the train carriage seats.

Unless there are train employees constantly monitoring sitting wait areas for sterilization for potential viral contamination by personal contact, it might be more effective to remove all seating.

Social distancing is not the full solution to public safety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Bare skin contact with benches and chairs can help spread the virus if not repeatedly sterilized. But see picture of 2 sitying people in train area. Furthermore, clothing of next sitting person can pick up the virus and carry it onto the train carriage seats.

Unless there are train employees constantly monitoring sitting wait areas for sterilization for potential viral contamination by personal contact, it might be more effective to remove all seating.

Social distancing is not the full solution to public safety.

Go soak your head.