Disinfectant or Rat Poison? The Choice Is Yours

mikosan

Not sure about the efficacy of swallowing or injecting disinfectant, but in Thailand it seems that swallowing rat poison will at least get you the 5000 baht the government promised to millions, and then failed miserably to deliver, to most.  Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to Coconuts Bankok, but I'll try below.  If not, the article was posted on 27th April and is entitled "No One Cares About Me.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/no-one-cares-about-me-thai-woman-shouts-before-swallowing-rat-poison/

That said, in all seriousness, this is just the start of the serious disintegration of the mental state of many poor people, who are increasingly becoming destitute and starving, possibly others not so poor.  And what is the government doing?  Banning the sale of alcohol for an indefinite period of time, thereby denying millions who work in industries and occupations associated with the production and sale of alcohol, an opportunity to earn a living.

Why?  Answers and questions on a postcard to General Prayut Chan-o-cha c/o Phitsanulok Mansion, Bangkok.

Edited by mikosan

Happy to say that it seems like the government have had a change of heart and that alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase, as takeaways only, from Sunday 3rd May.  Some people in a positions of commercial power must have had a word with them.  Massive 'U' turn and huge loss of face.  But at least some of the poor have the possibility of getting back to work.