Packages from overseas ?

Andrew Dwyer

My Aliexpress China order stuck for so long, that I had to cancel it due to expiring purchase protection. The seller sent it off, but it stuck in some EMS warehouse in China.

Aliexpress informed me that I will get refunded within the next 3 weeks. 

And with airports still closed and airlines mostly grounded, the chance of packages arriving from anywhere abroad are close to Zero, Null, Nada.

• Like 1

I am getting stuff from china without issue, however, lazada are keeping things for weeks locally and delivering on the last day. Stuff from China via shopee arrives much quicker than ali express or lazada . Odd considering they are all part of the same company 

• Like 1

Well, would seem to be mixed results here , I must admit Lazada were my option of choice , COD  and 2 days local/6 days China were great but the foreigner/wallet thing and cheaper options elsewhere made me search farther afield.

Only bought 1 item from AliExpress, it took 6 months ( should have been 30 days ) but it did arrive and was very cheap.

Used Wish in the past and have had some great bargains but most of their stuff comes from China hence this thread.

Was put off of Shoppee due to some bad press, on TVF I think, but I will take another look.

15 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

My Aliexpress China order stuck for so long, that I had to cancel it due to expiring purchase protection. The seller sent it off, but it stuck in some EMS warehouse in China.

And with airports still closed and airlines mostly grounded, the chance of packages arriving from anywhere abroad are close to Zero, Null, Nada.

not true.

cargo planes are still travelling globally. i ordered a new gas tank for my motorbike from arizona. it was shipped on april 16. the tank arrived 9 days later. went through japan and then here to thailand. 

i think it really depends on where you have ordered from and the routing

there is a massive backlog of packages in china waiting for processing etc. i read a few days ago it was in excess of 240 million pieces. add to that the daily orders piling on top of it, there are bound to be huge delays. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Incorrect. There is a difference between flight restrictions and airports being "closed".

I don't think Suwannabhumi ever closed for a minute. Cargo flights are arriving daily.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 12.28.47 PM.png

• Like 1

I have been waiting for 2 items from franc for nearly 6 weeks now tracking number stopped working 5 weeks ago and no one has a clue where are the packages now... same with aliexpress 5 weeks now no information where the item is... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Incorrect. There is a difference between flight restrictions and airports being "closed".

I don't think Suwannabhumi ever closed for a minute. Cargo flights are arriving daily.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 12.28.47 PM.png

The post is about regular mail not Currier service such as DHL FedEx and alike, no problems there, regular or registered mail are not coming...

• Like 1

Depends on where they are coming from. Packages from the USA can only come by sea at present, Thai Post has banned air freight from there for the time being.

Apparently no problems with air freight from China.

Delays are possibly being caused by medical equipment getting priority.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr mr said:

not true.

cargo planes are still travelling globally. i ordered a new gas tank for my motorbike from arizona. it was shipped on april 16. the tank arrived 9 days later. went through japan and then here to thailand. 

i think it really depends on where you have ordered from and the routing

there is a massive backlog of packages in china waiting for processing etc. i read a few days ago it was in excess of 240 million pieces. add to that the daily orders piling on top of it, there are bound to be huge delays. 

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Depends on where they are coming from. Packages from the USA can only come by sea at present, Thai Post has banned air freight from there for the time being.

Apparently no problems with air freight from China.

Delays are possibly being caused by medical equipment getting priority.

mr mr ordered a motorcycle part from Arizona, USA on April 16 and it arrived 9 days later.

Air freight from USA to Thailand, not possible by sea.

11 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Ordered from Zenni via Hong Kong, parcel got stuck on tracking for 2 weeks in HK then on to Thailand , took about 3 weeks in all.

Had a quick nosey on Zenni , got a message to say not delivering to Thailand now. ?

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

mr mr ordered a motorcycle part from Arizona, USA on April 16 and it arrived 9 days later.

It would be nice if you could show on your flight maps something arriving from the USA directly into Thailand. I'd suggest some freight companies are getting around the proscription by routing through a second destination.

You've posted  flights arriving from Shenzhen multiple times, could you change the record please?

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

i can post pictures and screen shots from the bike shop in arizona. i honestly couldn't believe it came that fast during all of this. 

the order went from LA to Toyko in just under 2 days. so unless they are retrofitting cargo ships with some hella engine power. 

• Like 1

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

"

Thailand

Thailand Post advises that the government-imposed state of emergency through April 30 may have a severe impact on service quality for international inbound and outbound services, and service delivery standards can no longer be guaranteed. The post is treating this situation as a case of force majeure. Moreover, owing to suspension of flights from and to Thailand, and the resulting lack of transport capacity, Thailand Post is currently unable to send mail  to a growing number of countries. Visit www.thailandpost.co.th/un/article_detail/article/11/17151 for up-to-date information on these countries. Processing of inbound mail items is proceeding, however customers should expect delays for all types of inbound mail. Signature on delivery for international services that would ordinarily require the recipient’s signature is still provided wherever possible. In cases where the recipient refuses to sign, the delivery office will sign on the recipient’s behalf."

Edited by silverhawk_usa
Added Text
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Not so true, got a parcel from the UK 2 parcels from the Netherlands and all in the last 2 weeks. However China stuff goes wrong and some stuff i ordered in Germany got stopped too.

• Like 1

It seems that the postal service abroad is more or less down. I have been waiting for a letter from Sweden close to two months now and I sent a letter about six weeks ago that still hasn't arrived to it's destination. Normally it takes 5-7 days but with no flights it will take a long time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It would be nice if you could show on your flight maps something arriving from the USA directly into Thailand. I'd suggest some freight companies are getting around the proscription by routing through a second destination.

You've posted  flights arriving from Shenzhen multiple times, could you change the record please?

There is no record to change. Nobody has seen or heard of any notice that only air cargo sourced from China and Russia is allowed to enter Thailand. Perhaps you could post a link? I never posted anything about Thailand Post current restrictions. If one needs a package shipped from the US, be sure the shipper uses a courier such as DHL, UPS, or FEDEX not the mail.  "Simples". 

China makes everything of course. It is interesting to ponder for what possible reason Thailand would want to limit air shipments of cargo from any country?  In this time of crisis? What cargo would anybody ship by air from Russia anyway but Caviar and cases of Stolinchaya Vodka?

The aircraft operated by the cargo companies a (Like UPS B767 and B747, FDX B777 ) are simply not capable of nonstop flights from the US-Thailand due to range restrictions. If UPS had aircraft that are capable of a non stop flight from US-BKK like A350s and B787s those flights might not be economical anyway due to volume.  Packages get shipped and sorted though hubs like Anchorage, Narita and Shenzen, and Guangzou. No reason these cannot include packages from the US or any other country. At the hubs the packages also can get flogged off to other operators and sub-contractors That is how a company such as FEDEX or can basically get stuff anywhere in "The world, On time" when they don't fly their own aircrat everywhere

I have never heard of any non-stop flights from US-Thailand  except when TG had the A340-500 service from LAX-BKK and those birds were slow and uneconomical, often weight restricted. I took it once 17.5 hours  I recall SQ flew SIN-JFK also. Eastbound in both directions. Hard to give an A340 away now. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2