Illegal hotels or not?

Tayida

Governors of some provinces order to close all the hotels, but in many cities there are hotels open anyway. Check in into one of them can makes me problem? Are they legally open? Thanks.

I just booked at my usual 5-star Bangkok hotel for next week -- I imagine many are still open in the capital.  Other provinces: when I checked the other day Petchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumpon and Surat hotels all told me that they were not allowed to be open currently.  But Surat Thani provincial government announced yesterday that hotels in the whole province could re-open from today, May 3rd

I think its not a matter of if they can legally open, but its more a thing of, why open if there no guests?  Cant imagine a hotel of over 100 rooms planing on opening for the next few months.  Gh's/small hotels of under 30 rooms i can see opening the soonest.

For Phuket

Many of the hotels/resorts have allowed their staff to return home so they now need to get their staff back before they can even consider opening.

Hence the which comes first,

the opening of hotels or the guests looking for places to stay

Edited by zzzzz

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

The Government has given a mandate for hotels to reopen when they wish with some pretty

tough conditions, so now, it is up to the hotels themselves

The places to avoid are guest houses with more then four in a room . they are a hive for contiguous diseases. Their places you need to sleep with a mask on.

Edited by Percy P
spelling mistake

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I stayed at my usual hotel during my Surin visit last week. Their restaurant was closed so no food service including room service. Had to get takeaways outside.

In Pattaya there are only a few hotels open for stranded tourists (about 2400). All the rest are closed. 

not have open and not need be open not have tourist and any plane no fly in and only some out. tourist not can go to thailand. and many city have closed too. tourist no can travell around thailand. thats good, oi hope tourism have closed next 2-3 year. than thai baht drop lot and western have lto better live here.

• Confused 1

I don't understand why you don't read local news online. You don't have to ask every single question here. The rules are different between provinces. If you want info about the Emergency decree,you can read for example The Nation online.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, Tayida said:

Governors of some provinces order to close all the hotels, but in many cities there are hotels open anyway. Check in into one of them can makes me problem? Are they legally open? Thanks.

To my knowledge, hotels can open again from May 1st – during April however, those that had guest could stay open, but not accept new gusts; and some dedicated hotel were allowed to accept guests from hotels that closed down – a friend of mine that owns a resort advertised for new guests, and he told me that they were allowed to reopen.

However, I see most of the hotels were I live – a holiday resort island – remain closed, probably because there are no guests, or so few guests, that it's cheaper to stay closed, than keep a fully staffed near empty, or empty, hotel open. No incoming foreign arrivals allowed in May.