Surat Thani or Bangkok

swbaggies

Hi

if someone needs to get to Bangkok asap for a flight back to the UK how do we get there from Phuket. I hear the most viable/allowed option is to go to Surat Thani and then fly to Bangkok. However, how do we get to Surat Thani, I have looked at busses websites and they are all not showing any listings. I have a car but also cannot see any places to long term park it.

So my questions are

Is the Surat Thani the only/best option?

Are buses running and where do we get the timetables?

Are there any restriction to travel to Surat Thani other than having flight ticket?

Has anyone been this route before an parked their own car and if so do you have any website with their details?

TIA

During normal times there are definately minivans from ST to Phuket (so I assume the other way round too).

Can't offer more info than that, but I know it is definately a route (picks up from one of the travel agents in ST City)

OK, first thing that you need to do is to register and get a medical clearance certifice.   You will not be allowed to leave the island without these.

Thais can do this online, as part of the data input required is their national ID number.   Obviously that isn't applicable to you, so you need the alternative which is to go to one of the local government offices.   I'm going to insert a news link here but ThaiVisa may not allow alternative news links to their own:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/cv19-phuket/rush-for-fit-to-travel-documents-for-people-leaving-phuket

If it is deleted, the relevant offices are:

Registration can also be made and certificates received at the Muang, Kathu and Thalang district offices, and the tambon Sri Soonthon and Wichit municipal offices.

Choose the one nearest to your location (in case you don't know, Muang is Phuket Town).   Tomorrow Monday/4th is a public holiday so the next opportunity would be Tuesday/5th.   Make sure that you have your personal documentation with you i.e. passport etc.

Transport is a different story.   If you go the fly from Surat Thani route, options would be one way hire car, for which only global companies such as Hertz or Avis etc would do.   You need to ensure that your licence will be accepted and that you have a functioning credit card.   

There are no scheduled bus services currently, and are unlikely to happen in the forseeable future.   I would recommend scouring some of the Facebook Phuket news pages, which currently are including adverts for van journeys etc.   Obviously mainly in Thai language, just use the translate facility.   An example is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1937174103213335/

An example of adverts here:

https://www.facebook.com/vonkoley.noseed?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARCAWFZqTkgDN38LFKGGo7YGPDCLTAqm8wO-JoeIxHaFTefytPHNpKbAtX_ygCHG6fZ2tuKvqyZ-jNEJ&hc_ref=ARR4Nx0qBv6MF3FeqNDblxNjjHiCf7rXPVV-zmf7mc8HlLxsmq2gWZ-wcjbU-kXyBxI&dti=1937174103213335&hc_location=group

• Like 1