Khon Kaen set to reopen walking street in two weeks

rooster59

Khon Kaen set to reopen walking street in two weeks

By THE NATION

800_c51dfe08977016d.jpg

The Sunday Walking Street in Chiang Mai (File photo)

Khon Kaen province is expected to reopen a walking street on May 16, according to Khon Kaen City Municipality.

Mayor Teerasak Teekayuphan said that the municipality was already prepared to reopen the Saturday walking street. However, it will not reopen on May 2 as the easing of restrictions on many venues, including the walking streets, will start on Sunday (May 3).

The province's walking street will also change its opening time to be in line with the curfew. It might open from 3pm to 9pm instead of 5pm to 11pm.

Meanwhile, Natthachudej Wiriyadiloktham, the deputy mayor of Chiang Mai Municipality, said that the province's communicable disease committee had already held a meeting with business groups that were allowed by the government to resume operations om May 3.

But for the walking streets, which are also allowed to be reopened, the related parties will have to draw up complete preventive measures first before reopening the Saturday Wualai Walking Street and Sunday Rajdamnoen Road walking street, given the large size of both markets.

The Waulai street has 1,500 shops and Rajdamnoen street has 3,000 shops.

He added that initially they might be allowed to take turns to sell products every week and that the opening and closing time will have to be adjusted in line with the curfew.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387181

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-03

3 hours ago, Chassa said:

Read it again!

This is the headline in The Nation Thailand.

"Khon Kaen set to reopen walking street in two weeks"

This vis the first paragraph in the story in The Nation Thailand

"Khon Kaen province is expected to reopen a walking street on May 16, according to Khon Kaen City Municipality."

So reading that it looks like it is a story about Khon Kaen

But!!!!!!

Further into the story it changes location. 

Mayor Teerasak Teekayuphan said that the municipality was already prepared to reopen the Saturday walking street. However, it will not reopen on May 2 as the easing of restrictions on many venues, including the walking streets, will start on Sunday (May 3).

The province's walking street will also change its opening time to be in line with the curfew. It might open from 3pm to 9pm instead of 5pm to 11pm.

Meanwhile, Natthachudej Wiriyadiloktham, the deputy mayor of Chiang Mai Municipality, said that the province's communicable disease committee had already held a meeting with business groups that were allowed by the government to resume operations om May 3.

This is a story about Chiang Mai and not about Khon Kaen. Really great story writing and proof reading by The Nation Thailand and most of the stories that come to ThaiVisa are from The Nation Thailand. What a joke in journalism.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Stuck in the US, not sure when we will be allowed back in. for sure . not for another month.:sad: 

This picture makes my mouth water. 

IMGP1797.JPG

A month? Love your optimism. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

A month? Love your optimism. 

at least a month (border closed to foreigners except diplomats and work permits until may 30) personally i don't see me coming back until August. Lucky for us we still have out Florida home, but I know of many who are living out of a suitcase at a relatives house or hotel.  

I miss my Thai home, :sad: and khon Kaen, I even miss some of you.LOL

image.png.83847b46531d66022feb31c24b771f60.png

53 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Stuck in the US, not sure when we will be allowed back in. for sure . not for another month.:sad: 

This picture makes my mouth water. 

IMGP1797.JPG

vomiting can be quite harmful for the throat, mouth and teeth and salivating helps to reduce this by diluting and rinsing

8 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

vomiting can be quite harmful for the throat, mouth and teeth and salivating helps to reduce this by diluting and rinsing

If this type of food induces vomit on you, then my friend I think you are in the wrong country. 

• Like 2

A

59 minutes ago, sirineou said:

at least a month (border closed to foreigners except diplomats and work permits until may 30) personally i don't see me coming back until August. Lucky for us we still have out Florida home, but I know of many who are living out of a suitcase at a relatives house or hotel.  

I miss my Thai home, :sad: and khon Kaen, I even miss some of you.LOL

image.png.83847b46531d66022feb31c24b771f60.png

Aww miss you too

i can’t see any planes flying From the UK this year even if BKK opens for International business 

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile, Natthachudej Wiriyadiloktham, the deputy mayor of Chiang Mai Municipality,

'Meanwhile In Chiang Mai', is a change in location.