Can one stay in a hotel with a per month based contract and apply for visa based of being parent ?

Can one stay in a hotel with a per month based contract and apply for visa based of being parent ?

Will immigration make a problem about this ?

I could show a month per month based rental contract from the hotel, but no id card from "owner" or tabien baan as they cannot provide this (said front desk).

I cannot go rent a condo with a year lease as I have no idea if I can stay that long.

Ready for your input.

ps: not a troll !

I am not sure about immigration's consideration of your staying in a hotel.

But I rented a very nice apartment (Tulip on Rathchada Soi 3) on a month to month contract, and had absolutely no issues with my spouse visa. There are apartments that will rent month to month.

9 minutes ago, timendres said:

I am not sure about immigration's consideration of your staying in a hotel.

But I rented a very nice apartment (Tulip on Rathchada Soi 3) on a month to month contract, and had absolutely no issues with my spouse visa. There are apartments that will rent month to month.

He did not ask about extension based on marriage. He asked about extension based on parent of Thai national. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

He did not ask about extension based on marriage. He asked about extension based on parent of Thai national. 

Yes, I am aware of that. I just assumed the residence requirements were similar. From what I saw of a friend's recent visa application based on being a parent, it seemed less difficult than the marriage extension.

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He asked about extension based on parent of Thai national. 

No he didn't.

"apply for visa based of being parent ?"

Perhaps the Child is French, and he thinks he can still get a visa based on it.

Doesn't one need to be the legal guardian of the Thai national child? As in the Thai parent has legally signed them over to the alien parent. 

• Haha 1

Don't know about the rest but my hotel allows long term stay and offers monthly rates which are much lower than daily, but charge electricity, water (and cleaning if you desire) separately rather than including in the daily rate.

Before all this COVID thing many foreigners lived here and TM30 was done by the reception if asked, though I think for several months already they are doing it automatically. I don't think there's anything below 3 months to get monthly rate, though.

This is in Bangkok. Don't know about other places but would imagine it's similar or same.

As for what conditions are needed to apply for visa, I would not know and leave this to more knowledgeable members.

What immigration office?  That is key, here, as they all make up their own rules. 

At Chiang Wattana, you could rent a mo-to-mo apartment and do it.  I would avoid a condo, as that brings in the potential demand for the "owners' Chanote and house-book" requirements.  For an apartment, will need signed copies of the rental-contract and manager's ID card (the person who signed the contract).  I also had a TM-30 (signed also), but not sure if this is necessary at that office any more.  Although they rejected me on income-docs, they did not object to my living-arrangements.

1 hour ago, timendres said:

From what I saw of a friend's recent visa application based on being a parent, it seemed less difficult than the marriage extension.

In theory, the 400K Baht doesn't have to be seasoned for 2-mo prior to the application, and left there throughout the "under consideration" period, if based on a child.  That's the law, anyway - what this or that office "enforces" may vary.

• Like 1

As stated by others, some immigration offices may be OK with this, especially if you explain the current uncertainty and your inability to plan far ahead because of it. However, some offices will give you problems.

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Doesn't one need to be the legal guardian of the Thai national child? As in the Thai parent has legally signed them over to the alien parent. 

Do not need to be legal guardian.

Being Parent of Thai is enough.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Being the legal parent of a Thai by way of marriage or legitimization is required for an extension of stay application. 

Certainly no requirement to be the guardian.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not need to be legal guardian.

That would depend if the child was born in wedlock and the Father had parental rights.

If the child was born out of wedlock, having your name on the child's birth certificate isn't sufficient for Immigration. The child would also have to attend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JackThompson said:

What immigration office?  That is key, here, as they all make up their own rules. 

For my spouse extension, it was Chaeng Wattana. Also, it was in the year 2011, so that was also a very different time in terms of dealing with immigration. 

• Like 1