Owners are Thinking about Re-opening Nightlife in Pattaya: What Safety Devices (PPE) Do You Plan on Using...When and IF?

On 5/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

Not go to any of the cesspit areas of Thailand like Pattaya and others like it would  be my advice.

No one is forcing you to go there.

Re the OP, I'm not in LOS, but if I were I'd be down at the bar beers and gogos without anything I didn't wear before Corona was a glimmer in the WHO's eye.

Life's too short to be that scared they'd wear a mask in a bar/ gogo.

BTW, how do you drink through a mask, and if you take it off to drink it is :cheesy:.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:43 AM, Boomer6969 said:

I'd promote total nudity for the girls who could wear on of those plexiglass shields. I'd also give them free PREP so that customers could omit the penis mask.

They could put a plexiglass shield around the stage, but the girls make much of their money from sitting with customers to get a drink bought for them. They won't be happy if their income is greatly reduced. Expect higher prices or included service charge.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, how do you drink through a mask, and if you take it off to drink it is :cheesy:.

Funny you should say that, passing my pub restaurant who does takeaways a guy was sitting waiting for his grub and was drinking a can of beer with a straw going under the mask he wore. ????

One commenter here stated that I should visit bars in Thailand in order to not miss out on the full Thailand treatment:

Well, I got my fill of Beer and Broads at the Bottoms UP Club in Kowloon in the early 1980's.

I grew tired of risking life and limb among drunken sailors on shore leave from US aircraft carriers anchored in Hong Kong harbor.

Sailors frequently become impolite and disrespectful when they are three sheets to the wind.

If Sailors drank nothing but weak Chinese green tea, then I might welcome their company.

But, I have seldom seen American sailors drinking Chinese tea, especially tea grown in China.

The commentor asked why I do not enter Thailand's Pattaya bars, gogo bars, or any bars.

Maybe it is because I find tourists boring.

And maybe I don't want to risk being hit over the head with a beer bottle, or worse.

I am now happy as a clam in silt on the ocean bottom just the way I am.

Just me and the Thai myna birds.

Down here, underwater, stuck in mud, I can hardly hear or see the tourists, particularly now that all international flights have been cancelled for the near future.

This is the way I like it.

1 hour ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

One commenter here stated that I should visit bars in Thailand in order to not miss out on the full Thailand treatment:

Well, I got my fill of Beer and Broads at the Bottoms UP Club in Kowloon in the early 1980's.

I grew tired of risking life and limb among drunken sailors on shore leave from US aircraft carriers anchored in Hong Kong harbor.

Sailors frequently become impolite and disrespectful when they are three sheets to the wind.

If Sailors drank nothing but weak Chinese green tea, then I might welcome their company.

But, I have seldom seen American sailors drinking Chinese tea, especially tea grown in China.

The commentor asked why I do not enter Thailand's Pattaya bars, gogo bars, or any bars.

Maybe it is because I find tourists boring.

And maybe I don't want to risk being hit over the head with a beer bottle, or worse.

I am now happy as a clam in silt on the ocean bottom just the way I am.

Just me and the Thai myna birds.

Down here, underwater, stuck in mud, I can hardly hear or see the tourists, particularly now that all international flights have been cancelled for the near future.

Better story than twilight.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Funny you should say that, passing my pub restaurant who does takeaways a guy was sitting waiting for his grub and was drinking a can of beer with a straw going under the mask he wore. ????

LOL. Bit pointless as he'd have had to take his mask off to eat, unless he had food put through a blender.

9 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

And so, I decided to quickly leave Hong Kong island and return to Kowloon where there were plenty more bars,

Were you familiar with the Bedside bar? I arrived for my one and only ever one night stopover in H K and found that place, but being very late nothing was going on. Always wondered what they got up to in there. Perhaps you can inform me/ us. That'd be appreciated.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, garrya said:

There is no fakovid anymore

Also no fakocancer or fakodiabetes or fakopneumonia anymore ?

The Covidiots numbers are growing more quickly than the virus

Thailand does seem safe though I admit, yet still over 3700 deaths in the Americas and 2400 deaths in Europe during the last 24 hours

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Also no fakocancer or fakodiabetes or fakopneumonia anymore ?

The Covidiots numbers are growing more quickly than the virus

Thailand does seem safe though I admit, yet still over 3700 deaths in the Americas and 2400 deaths in Europe during the last 24 hours

Anything to say about Pattaya nightlife?

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Were you familiar with the Bedside bar? I arrived for my one and only ever one night stopover in H K and found that place, but being very late nothing was going on. Always wondered what they got up to in there. Perhaps you can inform me/ us. That'd be appreciated.

Well, that was during a period extending from 1979 to around 1992. I would need to think a while before recalling names, though I do recall experiences.

One name I recall was the Apple. This was a below-ground disco in the early 90s. It had a large three-dimensional glass or plastic red apple hanging above the entrance door which was lit up from inside ---- quite unique.  The clientele would drink until well after dawn, and after around 6 AM, when leaving the bar, I would need to step over drunken bodies lying just outside the entrance door.  I always wondered how long they would lie there before waking up and stumbling home.  Hong Kong was quite tolerant of drunken bodies lying around back then.  But after the commies marched into Hong Kong around 1997, the UK crowd left the colony en masse, probably because government jobs dried up in a hurry, and that was when I became unable to buy Stilton cheese at many of the local shops.  The inability to buy Stilton cheese and its sudden unavailability is one of the greater tragedies of the Hong Kong takeover by the CCP or the CPC, whichever.

21 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Well, that was during a period extending from 1979 to around 1992. I would need to think a while before recalling names, though I do recall experiences.

One name I recall was the Apple. This was a below-ground disco in the early 90s. It had a large three-dimensional glass or plastic red apple hanging above the entrance door which was lit up from inside ---- quite unique.  The clientele would drink until well after dawn, and after around 6 AM, when leaving the bar, I would need to step over drunken bodies lying just outside the entrance door.  I always wondered how long they would lie there before waking up and stumbling home.  Hong Kong was quite tolerant of drunken bodies lying around back then.  But after the commies marched into Hong Kong around 1997, the UK crowd left the colony en masse, probably because government jobs dried up in a hurry, and that was when I became unable to buy Stilton cheese at many of the local shops.  The inability to buy Stilton cheese and its sudden unavailability is one of the greater tragedies of the Hong Kong takeover by the CCP or the CPC, whichever.

You would recall the bar should you have been in it. Rather than a bar, there were several beds, each surrounded by stools, where patrons could observe what happened on the bed. One assumes something erotic, but it could have just been a bargirl wearing a nightie lolling on the bed.

Google gives me no satisfaction in this matter.