Owners are Thinking about Re-opening Nightlife in Pattaya: What Safety Devices (PPE) Do You Plan on Using...When and IF?

I just read an article in "The Thaiger", something about owners of night-entertainment establishments and their wish to reopen, naturally as soon as possible.

So, when and IF owners are able to open their bars, nightclubs, etc, what safety devices do you plan to wear in order to protect yourself from the novel virus, which, it must be said, will probably be around for many more months to come until we get our vaccine.

Also, while wearing masks, will this take some of the pleasure out of the experience?

They are talking about masks, face shields, etc.

Will the true Pattaya experience be preserved, do you think?

Edited by JohnBarleycorn

14 minutes ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

what safety devices do you plan to wear in order to protect yourself from the novel virus, which, it must be said, will probably be around for many more months

Not go to any of the cesspit areas of Thailand like Pattaya and others like it would  be my advice.

I don't know if it would be wise to go to these places, even if they do re-open - even wearing PPE. 

But...when I read this...

Also, while wearing masks, will this take some of the pleasure out of the experience?

...the thought occurred to me that the Thai bar and adult industry may become less 'vanilla' and more Japanese-like in terms of the kink/fetishes it caters to. The girls could start working in things like masks and gloves (that some people are into). We might see this permanent shift taking place. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chivas said:

In reality no one will want to go to bars if social distancing is in play complete with face masks and obviously no girls.

Its a vaccine or nothing as regards the future of Pattaya

Even then it’s gonna struggle to survive with all the other restrictions coming. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Even then it’s gonna struggle to survive with all the other restrictions coming. 

Recently, there has been news from the Oxford conference, comprised of a number of countries, concerning the goal to spend billions in order to offer a globally available and affordable vaccine within 18 months.

By then, Pattaya red-light establishments will be a thing of the past, do you think?

46 minutes ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Recently, there has been news from the Oxford conference, comprised of a number of countries, concerning the goal to spend billions in order to offer a globally available and affordable vaccine within 18 months.

By then, Pattaya red-light establishments will be a thing of the past, do you think?

Trumps saying by the end of the year so 18 months sounds about right. ????

To be fair one of the guys behind the Oxford team has said he was hopeful for the end of the year. 

I’m sure there will be some survivors but personally I believe many will fall by the wayside financially. Added to that the new regs and lack of punters coming over it’s going to be survival of the fittest. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Although I been in Thailand for a number of years, believe it or not, I have never been inside a bar in Thailand.

But that's just me.

I don't expect others to enjoy the same things as I.

I do not really understand the disguise from your posts where your coming from. 

You do have to go inside and experience all Thailand has to offer otherwise you will not know anything about it.

12 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

People said this after the HIV outbreak about condoms. 

Guess what, people still enjoy sex.

The amount of whining on these threads lately is over the top.

Anyone who enjoys life, can adapt, and be happy.

Others will never enjoy life, they are called pessimists and curmudgeons

Which do you want to be?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skallywag said:

People said this after the HIV outbreak about condoms. 

Guess what, people still enjoy sex.

The amount of whining on these threads lately is over the top.

Anyone who enjoys life, can adapt, and be happy.

Others will never enjoy life, they are called pessimists and curmudgeons

Which do you want to be?

Do you mean:  Which do I want to be, a pessimist or a curmudgeon?  I prefer to be neither one nor the other, actually.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

How would you breathe through that? :ninja:

I hope everybody realizes that there is now a shortage of latex in the world.

Better get used to using sheep intestines, instead.

850908249_Sheepintestine.jpg.86f8b1f4997eb2aee59e36d40a76eb00.jpg

Edited by JohnBarleycorn
  • Haha 2

On 5/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, Oldie said:

"So, when and IF owners are able to open their bars, nightclubs, etc, what safety devices do you plan to wear" 

Earplugs. 

.... and butplugs?

Edited by Kinnock

On 5/4/2020 at 11:55 AM, JohnBarleycorn said:

Although I been in Thailand for a number of years, believe it or not, I have never been inside a bar in Thailand.

Have you been inside a temple or shopping mall or is this type of risky activity also beyond you? :giggle: