90-day reporting - to do or not to do ??

Rigsby

A friend of mine went to Jomtien Immigration this morning to do his 90-day report which was due on April 21st. He was told quite firmly that he's late and not to be late next time !!

I thought there was an amnesty on this till July 31st. Either you must do it on time (within the parameters) or someone clearly doesn't know their job.

Thoughts anyone ??

Has anyone actually gone to Immigration for a 90 day  report and been told "Not needed" because of the amnesty  or have they gone to report and their 90 days it was processed as usual ? would be nice to have some feedback from people who have tried to renew their 90 Day'er

• Like 1

90 day on-line is easy and quick.  Did my report yesterday morning and this morning had the e-mail back saying approved.  Went on-line entered the needed info and printed out my next 90 day paper to put in my passport.  Off course, I still do not trust immigration, so I scanned copies into my computers folder I created....good luck and enjoy...

I tried the online and failed "REJECTED" first time.

Tried again 2 days later on 29th April and it is still "PENDING"

Went to the office today in Chiang Rai and saw a bunch of people outside the door under a marquee and the entrance blocked off to vehicles and bikes, so I didn't bother.

May try again tomorrow if I'm in the mood.

3 hours ago, banglay said:

Has anyone actually gone to Immigration for a 90 day  report and been told "Not needed" because of the amnesty  or have they gone to report and their 90 days it was processed as usual ? would be nice to have some feedback from people who have tried to renew their 90 Day'er

Our resident mod, Khun Rimmer, posted that he'd done a 90-day on the same afternoon I did the 800K/3-month report.

Here you go, have a look at post #16 and beyond in this thread:

3 hours ago, banglay said:

Has anyone actually gone to Immigration for a 90 day  report and been told "Not needed"

I went to Jomtien this morning  at the gate they have a sign up saying  no need for 90 day report

(as I posted earlier) but put face mask on

went in, temperature check hand stamp   got a 90 day  queue ticket  9 people in front of me   everything  working as normal  quite busy   less seating as every other chair has been reserved for "social distancing"

Real Time UPdate re:- 90 Day report .

My 90 day report was due ....So  I arrived at Pattaya immigration at 13:20 hrs 05/05/20 ...On arriving there was a queue outside the entrance slope door of approx 75 +/- people and NO SOCIAL DISTANCING  within 10 minutes the queue was on the road outside immigration and in the 100's ...I asked a staff member if I can do my 90 Day ..the answer was "can do can do" ..due to the lack of social distancing I felt uneasy ...and left without doing my 90 day...

I am now hoping the amnesty is genuine if not I'll play the stupid farange card and pay any fines,it has to be better than catching COVID bat flu ...

PS a good 80% seemed and sounded of Russian origin..

4 hours ago, Rigsby said:

Thanks Johng. What about renewing a retirement visa ?? Can that wait till Aug 1st or do you have to do it when it's due regardless ?? (Asking for a friend, really)

If you mean a Retirement Extension, do it when it is due. Or early up to a month

I went down today to Jomtien just before 3pm to do my 90 day, only one person in front of me and he was being served. Out in a couple of minutes, picked by the annual extension renewal form on the way out and will submit on Thursday afternoon after the holiday. A bit earlier than my 25th expiry but the clock on the 90 day 800k bank balance limit starts from date of renewal rsther than expiry, so can draw on it earlier. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rigsby said:

to do his 90-day report which was due on April 21st.

So indeed he was late as told (if needlessly exposing himself and others when not required it really should be done on time - he was not fined) - no reports are required until after July 31 and information on how to proceed will be made available shortly before that time if date not extended.  Enjoy the freedom.

57 minutes ago, lifeincnx said:

Just do it online — about two minutes of your time. Usually it take s a couple of days to approve, but I even got mine back after submission in about three hours.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

extranet.immigration.go.th took too long to respond. That is all I get since days. Mailed it yesterday.

30 minutes ago, tokyoblond said:

My 90 day report is now overdue, as I cannot proceed beyond the first page on their webpage, having tried reporting for the last 5 days. I give up. I sincerely hope that they honour their amnesty.

I tried the site on my laptop and it did not work either. I got some error I did not understand. However on my iPhone, it work perfectly the first time. Two minutes max.

30 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

I tried the site on my laptop and it did not work either. I got some error I did not understand. However on my iPhone, it work perfectly the first time. Two minutes max.

Well, I just tried the android app (since I don't have Iphone)..... registration just shows "Service Error" when I tried to register..... so I guess that's a no-go either.

14 minutes ago, tokyoblond said:

Well, I just tried the android app (since I don't have Iphone)..... registration just shows "Service Error" when I tried to register..... so I guess that's a no-go either.

I finally got it to work! But.... because the 90-day report is less than 7 days (as in, I'm already late) it won't accept. Oh well, back to the drawing board..... like other posters, I don't trust Thai Immigration to not change the rules on 31 July, so that will be a trip to the immigration office for me.

Like many others, I am continuing to do my required extensions of permission to stay and 90 day reporting on their normal dates, ignoring any 'amnesty'. Having time available during lockdown, I decided to try, for the first time ever, to do my recent 90 day report online. And to my amazement it worked first time, no problem; using chrome on Windows 10. Got my approval email back within 24 hours. So I'll be doing it online from now on.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:37 AM, Rigsby said:

Thoughts anyone ??

From the beginning I told posters who live here longtime not affected by border/airport closure: GO.

Not only 90 day report but of course also regular (one year) extension.

23 hours ago, johng said:

No I would not wait..go to immigration as normal,if they think its not necessary they will tell you on the day at the office.

And even then dont beleive them unless you have a video recording and his/her ID ..  I have been cought out by them, tottally their fault..  making us feel like crims.. discusting behavior..  its like a kindergarden...

• Like 1

I tried to register my 90 day online in the correct time scale needed  ....I tried using ..Chrome ..internet explorer .. firefox and  the android app ..it  kept saying my info was incorrect ...I was 10000% sure that I inputted the correct info as per my passport ect .. I believe that immigration may have inputted some of my initial information incorrectly so that is why it will  not accept me using the online route.....