Easing of confusion...

Trujillo

On 5/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, Trujillo said:

You can get a haircut but not a massage. 

You can play tennis but not badminton. 

You can play golf but "no competitions." 

You can eat in a (properly "spaced") restaurant but not in a park. 

You can go to a crowded market (or ride the BTS) but not gather in a group.

Seems logical enough. One has to decipher the fair/necessary from the unnecessary. Not hard really.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"One has to decipher the fair/necessary from the unnecessary. Not hard really."

Okay, please decipher for me the logic of tennis yes, badminton no. 

How about badmiton being most often indoor, contained space therefore more prone to transmitting virus than open air outdoor spaces?  

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 9:10 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, you tend to.  But this is about Covid-19, not about the Flu or Meningitis, so please don't deflect.

Actually his point is correct.  It's a stain of flu that's been hyped to be something that it isn't.  Feel free to hold on to the views the fearful get from listening to too much news.  They (the governments who choose to over-react) are wrong and they're creating havoc world-wide.

This is exactly what this is:  It's just a flu.  And epidemiological data is proving just that. The wilfully blind and the terminally fearful are unable to see.

Like my mom used to say, "If all your friends jump off a cliff are you going to join them."  We can tell who's all in favor for jumping off cliffs.  And we can tell who is not.  I find the self-destructive 'follower' behavior to be rather fascinating in a Pied Piper sort of way, albeit dangerous.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, connda said:

Actually his point is correct.  It's a stain of flu that's been hyped to be something that it isn't.  Feel free to hold on to the views the fearful get from listening to too much news.  They (the governments who choose to over-react) are wrong and they're creating havoc world-wide..

"listening to too much news. "  That must be like having too much knowledge about current events. God forbid we know what is going on; we might have to make intelligent decisions.

Yes... all the World's leading scientists are wrong, and you are right.

Please excuse me for not recognizing your genius.  55555555

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

They are both caused by viruses

If you wish to nit pick - argue semantics - have at it

Anyone who puts their trust in the mainstream media should be prepared to be duped

So is the Common Cold... and Ebola.  Both viruses.

Does your scientific self think these are the same? Just semantics?

Hey... I've got news for you! The world is not flat! Welcome to the 21st Century!   55555555

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

So is the Common Cold... and Ebola.  Both viruses.

Does your scientific self think these are the same? Just semantics?

Hey... I've got news for you! The world is not flat! Welcome to the 21st Century!   55555555

555555555555555     you should have at least 9 555's  to make people think that your

point of view is the correct one

• Like 1

So more on topic (remember that?), you are told to stay home as much as possible, but the hardware stores and the DIY chain stores are closed. So you could be home improving, but you can't because those shops (dangerous sources of deadly infection) are closed. 

Nice one Mr. Government. ....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

So more on topic (remember that?), you are told to stay home as much as possible, but the hardware stores and the DIY chain stores are closed. So you could be home improving, but you can't because those shops (dangerous sources of deadly infection) are closed. 

A lot of hardware, home repair type shops are open and have been open so it is very possible to do home improving now.  You do not have to go to the chain stores to get the stuff.  You are really demonstrating your ignorance by suggesting that the chain stores are the only source of materials, parts, stuff you need to build or repair a house.

You keep getting in deeper and deeper with every "new idea" you share.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

2 hours ago, rumak said:

555555555555555     you should have at least 9 555's  to make people think that your

point of view is the correct one

So sorry! I really didn't intend to disrupt your paradigm.

Please... Don't worry.  The world really IS flat!

Feel better now?

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

Most Hardware and DIY shops were NOT closed. HomePro has been open in two locations all along.

Nana Screw has been open in two locations all along, although they closed on Sundays. I bought plumbing supplies at two other locations, and window screening at a third. I was told that Global House was open, but I can't personally vouch for that information. I didn't go there myself.

You might want to double-check your 'What's open in Chiang Mai' info  before you post it. So far, your accuracy rate is not so hot.

• Sad 1

"HomePro has been open in two locations all along."

The HomePro in BigC was open only for cleaning supplies as the rest of the shop was cordoned off. That is 100% accurate as I saw this with my own eyes. 

I have not checked in the last couple days, so they might have expanded their offerings.  

What other things have I said were closed but were fully opened? Seems someone is keeping track. Please fill me in. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am wondering if anyone else has or will have this problem.  I needed a new pair of walking/hiking shoes.  My shoe size can vary from US 9 or 9.5.  It appears I could be either a 43 or 44. Different websites say a 43 is equivalent to a US 8.5 to 9 or 9 to 9.5??? Also, another website says a 44 is equivalent to a US 9.5 to 10 or 10 to 10.5??  Oh the madness. Never could find a size 43.5 in LOS.  In accordance with the “rules” i ordered a pair online.  One lesson I have learned is try on shoes before buying but at the present time this is rather difficult So I flipped a coin and ordered a pair of 44 hiking shoes.  I wore them for a week and they were too big and now I have blister. So now I am trying to return these shoes and order a pair of 43.  Wish me luck.  I hope sporting goods stores are allowed to open on Sunday?  The odd thing is the Tesco Lotus store near CNX airport has been open but the Decathlon Sporting Goods store located right next to it has been closed.  The title of this thread is appropriate:  “Easing of Confusion”.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
Content

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I wore them for a week and they were too big and now I have blister. So now I am trying to return these shoes

Come on you don't need a week to know if they are too big..:1zgarz5:

why would a store except return of your week long worn in shoes ! ? no one wants to buy pre worn shoes unless at a big big discount (from a charity shop maybe)    if they are too big wear some extra socks.  ????

17 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The odd thing is the Tesco Lotus store near CNX airport has been open but the Decathlon Sporting Goods store located right next to it has been closed.  The title of this thread is appropriate:  “Easing of Confusion”.  

You can order on line with Decathlon, & pick up at the Chiang Mai branch.  You could try them on in front of the store, then return if wrong size.  They respond to messages on Facebook, & speak excellent english over the phone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, johng said:

Come on you don't need a week to know if they are too big..:1zgarz5:

why would a store except return of your week long worn in shoes ! ? no one wants to buy pre worn shoes unless at a big big discount (from a charity shop maybe)    if they are too big wear some extra socks.  ????

Thank you for the expert advice.  I said I am trying to return them.  I realize they probably will not accept them back.  Also, wearing extra socks does not always solve the blister problem.  Thank you Foot Doctor for the unsolicited expert advice.

15 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

You can order on line with Decathlon, & pick up at the Chiang Mai branch.  You could try them on in front of the store, then return if wrong size.  They respond to messages on Facebook, & speak excellent english over the phone.

Thank you for the helpful information.  I will try them now.  

On 5/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, FolkGuitar said:

I continue to be amazed at the remarkable stupidity shown by some people.

No matter how many times they are told that sheltering-in-place is to protect OTHER PEOPLE, not just to protect the self, the total self-centered thinking they display continues to feed into their selfishness.

All you can think about is 'me-me-me,' like some 6 year old child who is unaware that his actions affect those around him, as if it's your God-given right.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn't freedom, it's adolescence.

It's time you grew up and started thinking about the people around you instead of just yourself.

You would have done better to remain silent, "rather than speak and remove all doubt."

Groups getting together to do anything (including playing guitar,) have been a no-no all along.

Were you honestly unaware of this? Despite it being repeated again and again in virtually every Media?

Ad nauseam.

Like now.

We know, just dont neccessarily agree.

46 minutes ago, johng said:

You are more than welcome..my advice as always is free of charge and you can ignore it if you wish ????

Thank you.  Next time I encounter someone with Foot In Mouth Disease or someone who is acting like a Horses’ Ass I will consult you.  It appears you have experience with these two syndromes.

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

We know, just dont neccessarily agree.

You have the right to disagree.

You do NOT have the right to disobey the law.

If you do not wish to follow the laws of this society, you can always leave and find someplace where you fit in. You will not be missed by those who do wish to follow the local laws.