Easing of confusion...

Trujillo

Do you really mean to say that you don't understand the reasoning behind these decisions?

Which ones confuse you? We'll try to help.

Perhaps you actually didn't understand what "At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!" meant...

My apologies for doubting you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

"Bloody fool expecting rationality here."

Another happily content expat...lovely. 

"Perhaps you actually didn't understand what "At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!" meant..."

I didn't understand since I was out in the sunshine all the time, unless you were talking about when it was raining. Not that that is remotely on topic here, mind you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

"Wow! I was correct. You really don't understand."

I was working on your previous jackboot blind obedience to all regulations real and imagined on shutting yourself in your house, wearing a mask, keeping distance from everyone and keeping the world offline (that's figurative) for as long as it takes to get a effective vaccine. Wash your hands every few minutes, wipe down with alcohol anything you might touch and don't have any alcohol. It occurred to me that you might in fact have been too scared to actually go out of the house all these (deadly and frightening) weeks. 

Actually, I've been going out every other day or so, shopping in different supermarkets and fresh markets for food and other necessities. But yes, always with a well-fitting mask, and using plenty of hand sanitizer.

Rather than thinking it 'jackboot blind obedience to all regulations real and imagined,'  I considered it to be a responsible social behavior, keeping neighbors, friends, and family just that much safer. This is not about 'my life.' It's about the lives of those around me, the responsibility I feel towards their well-being, rather than your selfish 'me-me-me-I'm inconvenienced-me-me' attitude.

The people who possibly decide to eat in a park are certainly friends or family who would be eating together at home anyway

Do YOU eat every meal with your friends? Or, when you plan a picnic in the park, don't you generally invite those you haven't seen for a while to get together? That's what lots of folks do. Perhaps most folks.

I think what you need to consider is that the government is trying to do

They are trying to keep people safe during these difficult times. That you, in your paranoia, disagree with their methods is not their problem. It's yours.

Stay safe, wear a mask.  And if you choose not to, which IS your choice, please stay far away from my friends and family.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I've never seen strangers come together in a park to eat together.

have you ever seen a sweaty jogger sit on a park bench... or maybe someone coughing and sneezing... 5 minutes later, they are not there and there is no sign they were ever there other than their microscopic germs? 

And then a nice family comes along and sits to have a bite together? 

It is easy to sit and criticize everything 

You can get a haircut but not a massage.  (massage is far more body to body contact I dont see them massaging with a plastic face mask like the barbers do)

You can play tennis but not badminton. (good point) 

You can play golf but "no competitions."  (competitions draw crowds)

You can eat in a (properly "spaced") restaurant but not in a park. (seating arrangements in restaurants can be checked. In a park this is not the case people choose how they sit themselves)

You can go to a crowded market (or ride the BTS) but not gather in a group. (first two are necessities second is by choice and not needed)

So while you got some point most things seem logical if you think about it. 

21 hours ago, Trujillo said:

My point is that there is no difference in "security" between tennis and badminton, for example. 

If you can be as close for as long as it takes to cut someone's hair, wash it, etc., then surely you can be in the same situation with a massage. 

How can eating in a park have anything to do with safety regarding a virus? 

By "confusion" I was being satirical.

You don't see the difference between a haircut and a massage? Really?

Or eating in a restaurant where they follow the restrictions given and sitting in a park? 

You can play golf alone or with a couple of friends and still follow the restrictions. It's a bit harder when playing a tournament because of the social distancing part. Don't confuse the easing in the restrictions allowed by provincial governors with the Emergency decree which is still in effect. There is a logic behind it you give it a thought, (but maybe not all the time). 

I think the lock down must have also affected some peoples brain functions. Not being able to understand these few facts and the reasoning behind it defies logic.

As Del Boy would say in 'Only Fools and Horses'  "What a plonker!!'

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I assume that you do understand that every new case where masks are worn is a case, yes, of a person who got infected while wearing a mask. 

So much for that theory, eh? 

Wow, trujillo, I gave you more credit for smarts than you deserve. What the world has come to realize is that, no, masks DON'T prevent catching the virus -- it easily permeates your mask. But what it does do is PREVENTS your spittle from leaving the vicinity of your face. Got it?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't see a difference between having a meal with a beer, and having a meal without a beer.

What you don't seem to understand is that it has nothing to do with the beer (or any other alcoholic beverage) itself. It's the gathering together that usually happens when people drink.  Alcohol is a social beverage by nature, and it's the social gatherings that this law is trying to prevent. Unfortunately, the sit-alone-in-the-dark drinker gets dinged by this law too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Do you really mean to say that you don't understand the reasoning behind these decisions?

Which ones confuse you? We'll try to help.

Perhaps you actually didn't understand what "At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!" meant...

My apologies for doubting you.

I was out in the sunshine exercising every day.

However, it would be nice to have some form of consistency and clarity.

Edited by n00dle

You can get a haircut but not a massage. 

You're absolutely right that is nonsensical. 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

You can get a haircut but not a massage.  (massage is far more body to body contact I dont see them massaging with a plastic face mask like the barbers do)

Body to body contact of the type found in a massage does not spread the virus. The masseuses wear a face mask and disinfect their hands. The massage recipient disinfects his hands. No scientist has yet found that rubbing a neck, shoulder, back, or leg has led to a virus spreading event. Massage is one of the safest things you can do in the pandemic.

It is the big crowd gatherings you see in pretty much every event that is allowed, like charity handouts, shopping at open markets, supermarkets that would pose the biggest risk of a superspreader event happening.

You know the things that are allowed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Logosone said:

Body to body contact of the type found in a massage does not spread the virus. The masseuses wear a face mask and disinfect their hands. The massage recipient disinfects his hands. No scientist has yet found that rubbing a neck, shoulder, back, or leg has led to a virus spreading event. Massage is one of the safest things you can do in the pandemic.

You must be visiting different massage places to me.

Wherever I've been we both everyone ends up naked.

Edited by BritManToo

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It must be a problem living life in constant fear of death.

But I don't understand why I have to suffer for your fear?

If you stay at home, don't go out, and don't meet anyone you can live forever ..... why do you need everyone else to do the same?

I'm putting you on ignore, I don't need to read your pain.

Who is it that you think is 'living life in constant fear of death.'

Certainly not those of us who have been going out regularly, while taking precautions not to infect the people around us. You both seem to think that we are staying home 24/7. How foolish of you. More so because you've been told several times that we are NOT just staying home, yet you continue to bleat the same tune. We are outside often. But we take care not to risk spreading this disease in case we are asymptomatic. That's just civic responsibility. That's the part you choose to ignore.

As for you suffering, that's your problem. You feel like your freedom is being constrained, right?

Thinking that your 'personal freedom' outweighs the health and safety of your neighbors isn't really about freedom. That's called 'entitlement.'

My 10th grade teacher explained it to us this way;

"Your freedom to swing your arms ends when your hands hit my face."

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn't freedom, it's adolescence.

It's time for you to grow up.

And... you won't put me on ignore. People like you need to see what's being said about them.

You probably won't respond, because that would prove you need to see what's being said about you. This time. But a few days or a few weeks from now, you will forget that you said you were blocking me, and you will respond then... and I will laugh, and laugh, and laugh....  ????