Monthly deposit Non-O extension of stay Jomtien experience

Yesterday went to the Bank to start the paperwork process for my Retirement extension of stay.  Like most that have their checks sent directly from their Retirement account by International Direct Deposit to their Thai bank it does not show up as an international deposit but as an interbank transfer within Thailand, so the need for the routing path of the money is required.  I expected this to take about a week, but low and behold the bank clerk said OK give me thirty min.  So thirty min. later I walked out of the bank with proof I needed for Immigration of deposits over 65000 baht a month coming from my overseas retirement account.  I look at my watch it's just after 1200--I can do this all today.  I rush home gather up the other goodies I need for Immigration, house registration, Proof of retirement income from the Railroad Retirement Board.  I arrive at Jomtien Immigration about 1245, there's a line of about 30 people waiting--immigration lunch break 1200-0100.  I go to the offices on the left and have them fill out my TM47, make the required copies and take my picture 180 Baht well worth it.  I'm back in line at 0105 and it's moving. Temperature was taken at the door and hand sanitizer squirted on your hands.  I was given number 844 they were working on number 840.  When my turn comes up I get the guy that does the pre-screening, he shuffles through the paperwork having me sign this and that and I'm done--I still don't believe it was so easy and so fast.   As I left with a card to reclaim my passport on Thursday I looked at my watch It's just a few minutes before 0200.   I did notice as I left the line was stopped and about 20 people were waiting, apparently they only allow a certain number of people in when they reach that limit you must wait--when one exits one can enter.  Altogether a very good day for me at the bank and then Jomtien Immigration.  

• Like 2

Did mine couple of weeks ago, using 800k. As you say, only few in queue, was only there for about 25 mins. That section at immigration appears to be the only section in use right now, since no 90 day and visa amnesty for those who cant leave etc. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I tip my hat to you mate. 

Ive only ever been there once, and I hope I never have to go back ever again. 

Horrible place. 

If you think Jomtien Immigration is a "horrible place" you should try others...then you will realise why it gets praised by so many members on here :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Could you please provide Bank name and branch and what documents you had to provide to the bank.  Did you have to pay for "Credit Advice Statements" or any other statements? How much was the bank letter detailing your monthly international transfers?

20 hours ago, edandpranee said:

o thirty min. later I walked out of the bank with proof I needed for Immigration of deposits over 65000 baht a month coming from my overseas retirement account. 

Hi, some questions that may help others that use IDD for their monthly income.

Can you please identify the bank you used? 

Was it the branch where you opened your account? (reason I ask, is last year I could get a letter that covered the full 12 months from the branch where I opened my account - not IDD, but foreign source deposits coded as such - other branches, there was at least a one week wait as they had to obtain from HQ in Bangkok)

What was the form of proof that your bank gave you? (the letter Jomtien Immigration had me get last year was one that listed the date and amount of all foreign deposits to my account for the previous year)

10 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Horrible place. 

Been there many times, IOs have always been nice & professional (as they were to the OP), never had any problems at all. Meet all the requirements, have all the paperwork, and you're in and out pretty quickly unless there's a long queue. In the latter case, I spend the waiting time same as during airport layovers--hit a resto outside, read, surf, catch up on email, listen to music, people watch.

Don't mind going back in the future as needed if it means I can continue to enjoy living in Fun City. Fortunately, you normally do have a choice. ????

10 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Horrible place. 

Never had a problem extending my permission to stay at Jomtien. Always quick and easy. Trick is to ensure that you have all the right documentation, photocopies etc. before you go. Sounds like the OP has had an even quicker experience. I suspect that, due to Covid, the IOs just want people in and out as quickly as possible.

15 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Horrible place. 

"Horrible place"??

What's wrong with you? Have you ever been to immigration offices like CW in BKK? 

Don't complain about an office where it takes minutes,not several hours to apply for an extension. 

• Like 1

My bank is Bangkok Bank and the office I used is the Head office in Pattaya on 2nd road.  I just showed her my bankbook and told her I needed proof of of monthly International direct deposits, for my extension of stay.  30 Minutes later I walked out with a years worth of credit advices and a bank statement showing my monthly deposits.  The cost to me was 600 Baht for the service. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, edandpranee said:

My bank is Bangkok Bank and the office I used is the Head office in Pattaya on 2nd road.  I just showed her my bankbook and told her I needed proof of of monthly International direct deposits, for my extension of stay.  30 Minutes later I walked out with a years worth of credit advices and a bank statement showing my monthly deposits.  The cost to me was 600 Baht for the service. 

cheeky beggars....600 baht?

1 hour ago, edandpranee said:

Thank you for your response to my questions.  This is method I used last year.  Although I had 12 months of "certified" bank statements, it was not acceptable to IO at Jomtien (probably too much trouble to wade through all the transactions in the statements to identify the foreign deposits - in my case coded FTT as they were transfers not IDD). 

Instead, she provided me with a sample of the letter they wanted, which shows the date and amount of each deposit for the 12 month period. She also told me to go to the branch where I opened my account as other Bangkok Bank branches could not provide a full 12 months (I did not get my certified statements from "my branch" and in order to get 12 months instead of just 6 months, they had to request them from HQ in Bangkok).

I did go to "my branch" (Pratamnak), showed them the sample letter.  As you mention, they printed out the "credit advices" for each deposit during the previous 12 months (these provide information on source of foreign transfers deposited to the account). The fee for the"advices" was 500 baht. They then used the information from the "advices" to prepare the letter listing the deposits. The fee for the letter was 100 baht.  So the total was 600 baht, same as you paid. They gave me copies of the advices and the letter. Jomtien Immigration only wanted the letter. 

Again thanks for your information - it confirms the same process is used and that IDD deposits which although not coded "FTT" by Bangkok Bank as foreign transfers into the account.  Thus, as in your case, no problems for those using the IDD method for receiving their US social security or government benefits/pension payment.

• Like 1