I want a cat. Are they going to evict my foreign big bucks?

13 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

If someone is a pet lover, it should be part of the planning what type of accommodation he, or she's moving in right from the start.

I also understand that lonely people get a lot of psychological help by having a pet. But there are and have to be certain rules when so many people are trying to live together. 

If all people in this place do not follow rules then it will be a total chaos and one day some might fly off a balcony because someone's music is too loud. And that might not be the cat then. 

good point to bring up psychology.  i think we're seeing classic cognitive dissonance here.

one day a fox signs a contract with a vineyard owner.  he can live in the chicken coop behind the manor house, but is not to eat the owner's grapes.  later he becomes bored with chicken and decides he does indeed want to enjoy some juicy, delicious grapes.

so the fox goes on social media to crowdsource validation of breaking the agreement.

or something.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I'm gonna take a gamble.  It’s so stupid that “NO PETS” not even a fish tank is allowed but the condos that foreigners like to live in make life as hard as possible for them. I say F them and I’m gonna get a cat.

If your neighbour has a similar f you [sic] attitude and gets a cat that smells like a cat and the disgusting stink of it's litter tray drifts into your apartment, bear in mind that you will have to live with that and have no come back...unless you're a king-size hypocrite and I'm sure that you can't be.  

If every apartment in the building also got a cat (or dog) would you be ok with that?

By the way, your landlord doesn't care about your bucks.  If you're evicted someone else will be in there paying exactly the same "big bucks" as you were.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

My advice is don't do it.  Regardless of all the Thai rule/law breakers you speak of, you're still a visitor to Thailand, why invite problems.  What about smelly litter trays full of cat poop and p1ss, not something I'd consider as hygienic, and I don't think keeping a moggy locked up in a Condo is animal friendly.  What if you need to travel in Thailand or overseas? who's going to take care of it? So many "no's" .

Just my advice/opinion, get a cat if you want.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the poster's just lonely, but I have to look at the irony of this from a personal point of view. I once had a landlady in C Mai decline to renew my lease on a condo, just because I had developed the habit of bringing home several different pussies each week. These pussies only ever stayed one night, never damaged anything (except perhaps my wallet) and they all left in the morning. Guess it's all in the interpretation ?  

• Haha 2

"idiots who drive their crappy $1000 plastic motorbikes on the sidewalk"

Do you have some sort of inferior complex that you judge the value of the motorcycle as relevant to this issue Personally, I ride a $1000 plastic scooter and it is perfect for city riding, economical, extremely robust and trouble free. I suppose if it were a $50,000 Ducati then that would make a difference. (got one of them too but it is uncomfortable, thirsty, hot, and not for sidewalk riding or the curb may scratch the lower fairing ???? )

• Like 1

The solution is to move to a cat-friendly building.  Ours in Chiang Mai permits cats, but not dogs.  They used to permit any pet that was under 10 kg, but the dogs, or rather the dog owners, were causing so many problems that one year at the owners meeting they voted to go "No New Pets" and let the existing pets remain, but no new pets.  Cat owners got together and brought up a new motion the following year where cats are permitted, but no new dogs.  Seems to work.

Cats are just fine living in a condo, if they're neutered and never know life on the outside.  We've had them for years -- always two so they can entertain each other.  Their litter box is in a special cabinet that they access with a cat flap and we clean it twice a day -- no odor.  But, yes they can cause damage.  We've had scratches on cabinets, damaged furniture and window screens.  We accept responsibility and pay for the damage.

But if we chose to live in a building that didn't allow pets, we'd abide by the rules.  After all, you sign a contract.

if you get a kitty i can recommend that you get a cat wheel for him/her.  also i suggest that you read up on cats and i would also recommend that you adopt.  many friendly strays need a home.  you could also consider renting a house.  i know people who have done this so that they can keep their cats.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lee b said:

I love cats, but at the end of the day if you are renting a condo and the rule is No Animals, then I would advise you againsed it.

Forget about other things you dont agree with that happen every day, Many times in this county people get annoyed saying why cant I do this but this ......... is allowed.

Even though you are a cat lover, is it really worth being kicked out of your condo for, because you will be, and its not fair on you or the cat.

15 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

it's your decision, but you did sign the contract.

you decide what your word is worth.

Well said by both of you. I'll defend the hygiene and cat mannerisms, but doing 'your thing' because others do 'their thing' doesn't make 'your thing' okay.  

14 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Also, lmao at comparing owning a cat in a place you aren’t supposed to, to illegally riding a motorcycle on a sidewalk.

Of course this is YOUR opinion. Which as we know everyone has, one as they do a rectum and they both stink. 

I wish you well with your belligerent attitude and your pending eviction.

I look forward to your next topic. "I've been evicted and the landlord won't refund my security deposit".

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

most they can do is make me get rid of it.

Taking on an animal as a pet is a

commitment, not something you should

be prepared to 'get rid of', risking a life

for your whim and a chance is not good

Karma.

A correct method keeping a cat is a cat-

flap and total freedom.

A a warm bonnet to park on.

2cv.jpg

• Like 2

I totally agree with you. Every condo I've been in have no pets policy. And yet you hear all night these dogs barking. In that sentence ,screw them.. 

I myself would never have any cat nor dog inside my house. but I  would definitely get one if I love them so much. They are quiet. Dont smell. And are really cheap. The only thing that can cost is some good sand to take away the poopsmell. You say you have experience with cats so I dont see the need to tell you about what sort if cat etc is good for you. Gl

• Haha 1