I want a cat. Are they going to evict my foreign big bucks?

On 5/8/2020 at 12:41 AM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Cats can find their own exercise. It’s an animal that sleeps nearly 16 hours a day. Train them to go to their scratching post and they’re happy as a clam.

Or as in my case leave a window open so they can go outside.

My cat comes and goes at will, some days I see it only at meal times some days it sleeps around the house all day.

Indoor cats are understandably neurotic, out of sheer boredom. I personally think its cruel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I find the arrogance of the headline "I want>>>>>>>>evict my foreign big bucks", a little disturbing, this is another person thinking some money makes them immune from following rules, keeping their side of a signed contract, and acting ethically. Displays a lack of values to me. Seems like a person you would not want as a business partner.

Sounds like a self-centered 'merican.  The rules/laws do not apply to folk like them - especially if they are paying a pittance in comparison to what rents would be 'back home'.   Hoping that frustration get this one to pack the bags and leave.

21 hours ago, talahtnut said:
21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

If your neighbour has a similar f you [sic] attitude and gets a cat that smells like a cat and the disgusting stink of it's litter tray drifts into your apartment, bear in mind that you will have to live with that and have no come back...unless you're a king-size hypocrite and I'm sure that you can't be.  

If every apartment in the building also got a cat (or dog) would you be ok with that?

Condo is not a good life for a cat, unless

theres a cat flap, if you like cats so much,

stuff a few bits of meat in your pocket and

feed some of the soi cats, I'm sure you will

find that some of them will get friendly with

you, at least you will be doing some good.

Cats are like us they need freedom to explore.

"...if you like cats so much, stuff a few bits of meat in your pocket and

feed some of the soi cats..."

What?  Why are you addressing that to me, what makes you think that I like cats, at all, never mind, "so much"?

People telling me I need clinical help because I want to have a cat at my condo (seriously? Where did you get your psychology degree, Freud?) and literally the 1% of condos that allow pets, they’re all filled with yapping little dogs and the hallways smell like urine. I’ve looked at several. It’s not an option for anyone who Isn’t used to the insane noise pollution and the live-and-let-live attitude, taken to the extreme.

All the stereotypes I heard about TV members seem to be true, just really bitter old guys who had nothing going on back home, and come here to vent, and spew their venom and vitriol. I hope you guys find some happiness, I really do.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

People telling me I need clinical help because I want to have a cat at my condo (seriously? Where did you get your psychology degree, Freud?) and literally the 1% of condos that allow pets, they’re all filled with yapping little dogs and the hallways smell like urine. I’ve looked at several. It’s not an option for anyone who Isn’t used to the insane noise pollution and the live-and-let-live attitude, taken to the extreme.

All the stereotypes I heard about TV members seem to be true, just really bitter old guys who had nothing going on back home, and come here to vent, and spew their venom and vitriol. I hope you guys find some happiness, I really do.

Oh I understand now, you dont want to live in a condo the allows pets because of the noise and smell of pets so you live in a condo building that doesn't allow pets, but you feel it's ok for you to have a pet.   

Don't blame posters on TV,  you're the one acting like the rules dont apply to you!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I find the arrogance of the headline "I want>>>>>>>>evict my foreign big bucks", a little disturbing, this is another person thinking some money makes them immune from following rules, keeping their side of a signed contract, and acting ethically. Displays a lack of values to me. Seems like a person you would not want as a business partner.

Doesn't really make sense anyway. Does it mean that he's paying a lot more than other renters who are Thai? If so, why? And if they could get the same rent anyway, what's he ranting for?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Doesn't really make sense anyway. Does it mean that he's paying a lot more than other renters who are Thai? If so, why? And if they could get the same rent anyway, what's he ranting for?

Selfish, self aggrandisement regarding paying "big bucks", being above the what his signature on a contract should represent,  and pure "meism"

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, ericthai said:

Oh I understand now, you dont want to live in a condo the allows pets because of the noise and smell of pets so you live in a condo building that doesn't allow pets, but you feel it's ok for you to have a pet.   

Don't blame posters on TV,  you're the one acting like the rules dont apply to you!! 

Yeah, because having a well trained cat that doesn’t whine or cry or scratch up furniture is definitely “breaking the rules” even though no one else is affected whatsoever. ????

Get off your high horse, a cat isn’t going to bother anyone.

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, tyga said:

"idiots who drive their crappy $1000 plastic motorbikes on the sidewalk"

Do you have some sort of inferior complex that you judge the value of the motorcycle as relevant to this issue Personally, I ride a $1000 plastic scooter and it is perfect for city riding, economical, extremely robust and trouble free. I suppose if it were a $50,000 Ducati then that would make a difference. (got one of them too but it is uncomfortable, thirsty, hot, and not for sidewalk riding or the curb may scratch the lower fairing ???? )

I see where your going there.....Du cat i.....very good, very good!

I hate cats,i would be first in the queue at the Juristic Office to request its removal,as per the Condo rules!

You knew the rules and conditions before you signed the contract,and moved in,now you think you can do what you want,and p**s off all the other residents that are intelligent enough to know what they signed up for! You will be wasting your money,it will be gone once someone smells,hears or see's it!

• Like 1