2.4 million people to get Bt5,000 cash handouts next week

webfact

2.4 million people to get Bt5,000 cash handouts next week

By THE NATION

800_609a6c15ab4d775.jpg?v=1588908006

The Ministry of Finance expects to disburse the Bt5,000 handouts to the 2.4 million approved registrants who were yet to receive the cash assistance by next week, Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, secretary to the finance minister, said on Friday (May 8).

“As of yesterday, the ministry had disbursed money for the first month to 11 million people, while the rest should get their handouts next week,” he said.

The “Rao Mai Thing Gun” (“We Do Not Leave Anyone Behind”) campaign gives eligible citizens whose livelihoods have been impacted by the Covid-19 crisis Bt5,000 a month for three months. To be eligible, candidates must be Thai nationals aged over 18 and self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security.

“The registrations of some 1.7 million people had not been completed yet due to missing evidence or information. We have set up booths at the Department of Public Relations in Soi Aree Samphan in Bangkok’s Phya Thai district since early this week to let people submit additional documents. The booths will stay open daily until May 15.”

Thanakorn added that the ministry had also prepared 1,000 meals a day as well as cloth face masks, drinking water and alcohol gels for people who came down to the Department of Public Relations. “People in other provinces can submit additional evidence to make their case at Damrong Dhama Centre, an agency under the Ministry of the Interior, in their respective provinces,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387498

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

My wife applied for this ages ago and has heard nothing even though, according to the criteria listed above she should be eligible. Her main work is cooking, catering for funerals, parties etc. The ladies she regularly works with have already received their payments, as have pretty much everyone else we know, some of which haven't even stopped working. 

I'm beginning to think that her application has been thrown out  based purely on the fact that she has a Farang surname.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

My wife applied for this ages ago and has heard nothing even though, according to the criteria listed above she should be eligible. Her main work is cooking, catering for funerals, parties etc. The ladies she regularly works with have already received their payments, as have pretty much everyone else we know, some of which haven't even stopped working. 

I'm beginning to think that her application has been thrown out  based purely on the fact that she has a Farang surname.

My Thai wife has my surname, but was accepted for the scheme.

When your wife applied they would have sent a message to her phone, either accepted or rejected.

If she never received a message it's possible she gave incorrect details.

Another possibility is she wasn't registered for tax or self employed.

The thai press has been very critical to the Finance ministry 'handling' of this handout, so much that the ministry warned the press few days ago. Don't believe the protesters blah blah. 

People lining up in 1 hour free food lines, in baking hot sun, tell the reality for so many.

3 hours ago, Dickincider said:

Excellent ???? 

How about the falang who's paid taxes and social security for the past 10 years that got laid off from this BS Clovid?????

Furloughed.

18 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

By that time, most of themn would have gone about 2 months, without job, money or "reserves"!

Well done for the quick response...

:coffee1:

Of course it would be the government's fault that applications were inaccurate.

“The registrations of some 1.7 million people had not been completed yet due to missing evidence or information."

My sister in law was paid within a couple of days of registering, it should be a "Well done for the quick response...".

Any excuse for a whinge.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course it would be the government's fault that applications were inaccurate.

“The registrations of some 1.7 million people had not been completed yet due to missing evidence or information."

My sister in law was paid within a couple of days of registering, it should be a "Well done for the quick response...".

Any excuse for a whinge.

Same for my wife, however some of her friends were disqualified because they had absolutely no proof of being self employed. They chose to work 'under the radar' avoiding a few hundred baht a year in taxes.

They've shot themselves in the foot - but it's typically somebody else's fault.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Same for my wife, however some of her friends were disqualified because they had absolutely no proof of being self employed. They chose to work 'under the radar' avoiding a few hundred baht a year in taxes.

They've shot themselves in the foot - but it's typically somebody else's fault.

My wife didn't get it, she has never been self employed, always had a job till she retired. Seems to think however it was because of her foreign surname.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My wife didn't get it, she has never been self employed, always had a job till she retired. Seems to think however it was because of her foreign surname.

Nothing to do with a having a foreign surname, my wife has my surname.

The scheme is for self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security. Being retired she wouldn't qualify and should be receiving some kind of Pension.

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nothing to do with a having a foreign surname, my wife has my surname.

The scheme is for self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security. Being retired she wouldn't qualify and should be receiving some kind of Pension.

She doesn't get any pension, she retired early. At 55 she had the option of taking a lump sum or maintaining medical insurance under the social security and chose the latter.

She never mentioned what the criteria for the payment was, I saw that on here and was well aware it was not surname related, little point in saying anything.

Bt 5,000 to feed a family for a month? Really? 

Then labor cost of Thailand is cheaper than China, isn't it?

Let's pull out all the factory from China and relocate to Thailand.

And spread Thai flu to China while in tour. Revenge!