Pattaya beach-goers threatened with 100,000 baht fines and imprisonment

webfact

Just a thought from someone who will not be parading on any beach anywhere: are these punishments lawful? Has there been an act or order duly signed by the appropriate authorities?

I know some of you are well up on these things so your thoughts welcomed!

• Like 1

A bit off the deep end in my opinion. You can walk parallel to the beach but you can't go on the sand. Does this make any sense? It gets murkier every day. And again, is this only for foreigners? Great publicity for this place when they are seeking tourists. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, todlad said:

Has there been an act or order duly signed by the appropriate authorities?

They declared "a state of emergency"  that's the only act that's needed for any carte blanche actions the "authorites" decide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Why not in Thai...?

There are many signs with the same message in several languages, most definitely including Thai.  

Some posters here are so quick to mock and belittle Thai authorities.  

My guess is that most are doing this from a safe distance in their home countries.  My fear as an expat living in Pattaya is that these authorities are reading the comments and reacting negatively.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

image_from_ios.jpg

Ah, at last, they must have "forgotten a little bit" before... And being mostly childishly genuine in this kind of stupidities, they "made there case" very clearly in whom this lunatic measure is aimed at: the Farangs!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I actually believe Prayut treats the Thai people just as he treats his underlings in the army. With disdain, hatred and anger. All his government does is issue orders and threaten punishment. Doesn't he know that in democracies the government rules with the consent of the people? Why do the Thai people put up this this. Are they really so weak?

At least the dictator in North Korea loves his people. So it is said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Meanwhile 100s of kms away from any beach the queues are cheek to jowl outside the banks in my local town here in Isaan every day of the week, especially the famers bank.. TiT.

They don't care what happens out there in the boonies..... like trying to herd cats.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I am curious if Thais have to pay this too. I guess not because they will say "I can´t understand the English sign".

i am sorry i cant read that i am german       ,will that work

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Is it so difficult for you people just to once, do as you are asked?

Well it is a little more than asked, comply with threat of jail and fines.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

A bit off the deep end in my opinion. You can walk parallel to the beach but you can't go on the sand. Does this make any sense? It gets murkier every day. And again, is this only for foreigners? Great publicity for this place when they are seeking tourists. 

I have to walk on the Beach Road several times a week. I always walk on the beach side since it is easier to walk on this side - wider and not blocked by shops or infrastructure in the middle of the pavement and mostly more wind. 

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Best you share your findings with WHO......????

FACT: Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees DOES NOT prevent nor cure COVID-19

But it certainly reduces the risk! Hey but why give out some positive news especially as it has come from the Wuhan Heat Organ

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

That seems to me that punishment and threats is all this government is good at. 

690 people break the curfew, have friends around for a couple of drinks to relax. Up comes the heavy handed BiB, arrests and fines all around and the government threatens to ban the booze again for everybody.

Whatever happened to happiness and reconciliation for the Thai people promised 6 years ago by the PM?

The PM is an ex soldier trying to be a politician.:cheesy: :cheesy: only succeeding when his lips move. :cheesy:         

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Arrests and fines for Thais and foreigners have been reported a number of times .

I can´t remember a fine of 50,000 - 100,000 Baht for Thais because entering a beach. Do you have a link please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:
14 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Arrests and fines for Thais and foreigners have been reported a number of times .

I can´t remember a fine of 50,000 - 100,000 Baht for Thais because entering a beach. Do you have a link please.

Who said that anyone has been fined B50,000-100,000?  I sure didn't.

Superb ! I'm speechless - Thailand is not a place to holiday with anymore.... what a pathetic sign ... how stupid is stupid -- well it appears next lvl of stupid has been achieved.... the beach is poor anyways, full of plastics, turds and tampons with jetski scams etc thrown in... please Thai folks in this forum - sell me Thailand against Vietnam .... social distancing also is a buzz word.... non windy or windy day... ? whats the correct distance? SCAM..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Who said that anyone has been fined B50,000-100,000?  I sure didn't.

The topic is about a 100,000 Baht fine. At least a French man has to pay a 50,000 Baht bail. 

• Thanks 1