Huntsman Belgian Blonde Beer Review

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

And it still tastes like canned beer.

I know people who claimed that beer from a green bottle tasted different to the same beer from a brown bottle.

To clarify, in my home country there was a popular beer which was available in both bottles.

That claim ended when we did a blind folded test.

You ever heard that song of Sinead O'connor?

It goes from. In my head...in my head

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

I know people who claimed that beer from a green bottle tasted different to the same beer from a brown bottle.

To clarify, in my home country there was a popular beer which was available in both bottles.

same with pepsi and coke. Most fail blind tests.

It's the image of a can that affects people not the taste. Beer in bottles gets affected by sunlight and tastes worse if exposed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Your quote is from a company that sells beer in cans. No science involved. That's called marketing. So now you don't know the difference between science and marketing.

Results from the blind taste test – when participants had no knowledge about the beers or where they came from – showed that there were no preferences for bottled or canned beer, one way or another. Nearly 45% of participants rated the canned beer better than the bottled, 41% of participants rated the bottled beer better than the canned, and close to 1.5% said they b

oth tasted the same.

https://www.alcoholprofessor.com/blog-posts/blog/2017/09/05/does-beer-taste-better-from-a-bottle-or-a-can

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

I think you mean the song by the Cranberrys actually...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

From your link (again).  "Nevertheless, those who evaluated the beer from the bottle rated it as tasting better than those who rated the beer served from the can." 

Yes they saw it come from the bottle.ie bias

"Nevertheless, those who evaluated the beer from the bottle rated it as tasting better than those who rated the beer served from the can. Having demonstrated such a perceptual difference (in terms of taste), we then went on to investigate whether people would prefer one packaging format over the other when the beer from bottle and can was served blind to a new group of participants (i.e., when the participants did not know the packaging material). The participants in this control study (n = 29) were asked which beer they preferred. Alternatively, they could state that the two samples tasted the same. No sign of a consistent preference was obtained under such blind tasting conditions. Explanations for the psychological impact of the packaging format, in terms of differences in packaging weight (between tin and glass), and/or prio

Edited by UbonThani

On 5/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, moontang said:

Guiness is brewing blonde in the US nowadays, I think I will wait and pay 45 THB for one, next time I visit the Units.

Good brew. I have a 12-pack in my fridge (in my garage).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Tiger sell a wheat beer, but not in Thailand. I've supped it in Malaysia and Singapore and it's not bad.

I used to drink Red Cheers as the best of a bad lot, but now I like Tapper. Not a wheat beer, either of them, but okay. I find Snowy Weizen okay but have stopped buying it as it makes me want to cry when comparing it to foreign beers. I find Erdinger tasteless and like drinking flavoured water, strange for a German beer, but some like it. To me it's the McDonalds of beers - available everywhere but not that good. When I'm in Bangkok I like to visit Wishbeer, and their 50 percent off draft beers from 5-8 is a good deal and a chance to try different proper beers.

I went from Cheers to Tapper soon after the latter appeared in 7/11 and really enjoy the taste, which I think is 'full bodied'. Maybe it was the 6.5% alc that made the difference?  I tried Huntsman & Dragon but was very disappointed with both. Might try a can of Tiger if I see one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I went from Cheers to Tapper soon after the latter appeared in 7/11 and really enjoy the taste, which I think is 'full bodied'. Maybe it was the 6.5% alc that made the difference?  I tried Huntsman & Dragon but was very disappointed with both. Might try a can of Tiger if I see one.

Tiger would be my 2nd choice but Cheers XTra is as good as you're going to get in this country.

The only way to improve the beers in Thailand is for the government to allow for competition, and that is not going to happen anytime soon. Shame really, the breweries here can produce this excuse for beer and the the only choices you have is, buy it or don't buy it.

16 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Did you ever try Riceberry? cheers made it, almost up to dark beer lao taste, the best Thai beer I've tasted, but of course they only did a limited run of it and they seem to have stopped brewing it now, the best beer that cheers have ever made and they've stopped it. TIT :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Yes, I used to enjoy Riceberry too Yes, it's a pity 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:23 AM, gazza4 said:

Yes, I used to enjoy Riceberry too Yes, it's a pity 

They did not stop brewing Riceberry.

I have bought riceberry in the past few days at Big C extra and at foodland. Production dates were 20/02 and 5/03.

New stock difficult to find yet for any cheers beers. When I look at Makro I see only new stock for Boonrawd and Thaibev product.

Give it another week or 2 and it will be on the shelves again

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

It's a not a real IPA. It's an immitation. I was really disappointed with it.

Beer Lao doesn't taste bad, but in my opinion, much overrated and overpriced for what it is.

Why do TVF members, living in a third world country, think the neighbouring fourth world country would be able to produce a much higher standard beer?

I think it has to do with that the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence.

11 minutes ago, Susco said:

Beer Lao doesn't taste bad, but in my opinion, much overrated and overpriced for what it is.

Why do TVF members, living in a third world country, think the neighbouring fourth world country would be able to produce a much higher standard beer?

I think it has to do with that the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence.

Agreed. Beer Lao is better than any beers brewed in Thailand. However Beer Lao IPA is the fake one. Yes, it is drinkable and nice, but it is not an IPA ????