Foreigners arrested for swimming at beach in Pattaya

13 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

There are 20-30 people on the beach of my hotel every day. The beach bar sold beer through the whole lockdown.

There are people enjoying all the beaches. For the time booze could not be sold foreign businesses complied. But little local restaurants sold beer in coffee mugs. They have to make a living.

I am healthy and under 80. Look at the stats. I am more likely to die in a crash than of Covid-19.

There are a zillion ways we could/will be taken out, Corvid is just another added to the list...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Er, I think covid cost more. 

The IMF saw a far more optimistic scenario as recently as January. The pre-outbreak economic situation was poised to improve GDP per capita in 160 countries. Yet the pandemic has quickly plunged the world into "a global recession we have not seen in our lifetimes," the director said, leaving governments racing to avoid a total meltdown.

The organization has pledged to use its $1 trillion lending capacity to aid nations through the health crisis, but Georgieva emphasized the importance of nations getting ahead of the economic damage. Major economies have already unleashed trillions of dollars in stimulus and central bank easing, but rampant aid needs to be kept in check for long-term recovery, she added.

But I fully agree with you my dear Sir ????

By:"It never occurred to you that all these deaths and even more these many injured for not wearing a helmet cost a fortune to this country!"

I just answered "If I not wear my helmet, I die. Up to me. Not your business" ????

21 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

They will never go back here again...and back home their case will get media attention and discouraging others from visiting.. 

Ya know, on another, I mentioned about Pattaya tourism never getting back to how it was 5, 10 years ago and a couple gave me grief and said the Tourism was doing great and even increasing.  (I call BS on this).

I mentioned the saying:

If Someone has a good experience, they tell 10 people.  If someone has a bad experience,  they tell 1000.

I guarantee,  more than a thousand people will hear of this.... think that will "encourage" others to choose LoS as their vacation destination?

Part of the Tourism declining is from them and others having bad experiences. 

2 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

But I fully agree with you my dear Sir ????

By:"It never occurred to you that all these deaths and even more these many injured for not wearing a helmet cost a fortune to this country!"

I just answered "If I not wear my helmet, I die. Up to me. Not your business" ????

Ok. Understand your point. 

But I still not care some stranger not wear helmet. Up to them. I not cop. 

*50% farang, not wear same. I not care that same. Up to you.

11 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

Ya know, on another, I mentioned about Pattaya tourism never getting back to how it was 5, 10 years ago and a couple gave me grief and said the Tourism was doing great and even increasing.  (I call BS on this).

I mentioned the saying:

If Someone has a good experience, they tell 10 people.  If someone has a bad experience,  they tell 1000.

I guarantee,  more than a thousand people will hear of this.... think that will "encourage" others to choose LoS as their vacation destination?

Part of the Tourism declining is from them and others having bad experiences. 

They only want short term chinese holiday makers..

6 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

1000-10???? 99%?

Farang culture? Is why so much moan, groan, complain, criticize, whine on TVF. 

Thai culture not like complain the problem to your friends. better talk about happy and fun, joke and laugh, dance and sing. Be happy.

????

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Why is it illegal to use the beach and swim at Pattaya but absolutely fine at Hua Hin? 

Different province and a different governor. Most new rules come from the central government but can be accepted, modified or ignored as the governor wishes which is why Buri Ram still has a lockdown and several provinces still have a booze ban.

51 minutes ago, Yinn said:

1000-10???? 99%?

Farang culture? Is why so much moan, groan, complain, criticize, whine on TVF. 

Thai culture not like complain the problem to your friends. better talk about happy and fun, joke and laugh, dance and sing. Be happy.

????

Maybe that's why things never improve in Thailand....no one has to answer for their actions and everyone thinks problems will simply disappear. 

4 hours ago, rtco said:

I'm not condoning these idiots and what they did but just to put things into perspective .... I once did a project relating to a bad or unreasonable experience... did you know that for every one person that is the recipient of this experience they tell 10 others about it (= 10 people), those 10 then tell another 10 people (= 100 People), those 100 people then tell another 10 people (= 1,000 people), those 1,000 people then tell another 10 (= 10,000 people), those 10,000 people then tell another 10 (= 100,000 people) and so it goes on. How to put off tourists (even further) in one fowl swoop. 

When did you do this project? Grade 3? This was also a plotline of one episode of the Brady Bunch.

I think the beaches closed is a total pain too!

however a week or two more to wait n see what’s what with sickness numbers isn’t so far fetched.

I do wish we could use our condo pool though lol ???? only 6 people here in a block that has 40 condos!

Where is the logic in closing a very well ventilated beaches but allowing public transport in Bangkok like this:

BTS-MAI-2020.thumb.png.99332afdd16c6f68a4b9174e11f45dfb.png

20200504_174929-696x522.jpg.6af61b8265e2c6e0b55cb6363adc8680.jpg

IMHO it is a lot more likely to get infected in a crowded air conditioned train compared to sitting with social distance on a beach.
Rules are a lot easier to follow, if people understand the logic behind those rules.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garzhe said:

Yesterday in Jomtien I saw a Thai vagrant walk on to the beach carrying a bag of his meager belongings. Walked to the water’s edge, stripped off stark naked and went in the sea to have a wash. This was observed by 2 Police who watched from the road for a couple of minutes then walked on. Clearly didn’t want him in their clean newly sanitized cells, plus he obviously had little or no money.

In this precise instance, what exactly would you have liked the police to do?

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, Joinaman said:

Maybe a silly question

But, what would happen if you reuse to ride in the back of the pick up, ?

Not only against the Law, but dangerous too, but the police seem to pick and choose which laws the like to enforce, usually the one with the most  money at the end 

Skip to 3 minutes 30 seconds to see what happens if refuse.

https://youtu.be/2p4bfomMJe0

On 5/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, hotandsticky said:

So you approve of their behaviour.... ?

Personally, I would take a positive view of the authorities actually enforcing laws that are there for the protection of others. 

Sure would be nice if those laws acrually made some sense though.

Im sure the virus runs rampant across 40+++ degree sands.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

So not scientific with regard to risk? Sends mixed messages and resentment to general public and visitors. Glad I'm in Hua Hin and not having to endure that nonsense in pattaya. We also have a house in Buriram so will not be heading up there anytime soon. This whole thing is crazy without uniform regulations. 

Yeah, but I was happy not to be in pattaya before covid.

For the supporters of the current, stay away from the beach signs, I would also argue

that the beach and ocean is a reason that tourists come to Thailand. The trapped tourists and expat foreignors who are in Thailand do not all own swimming pools, and if their hotel pools are also closed, then how is 3 older people goinng to be any more dangerous than the groups of local Thai people who go out at low tide to get their shellfish etc.     How are these 3 people any more careless than the people in the transit picture. Just asking. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the police

could use a little discression?

Geezer

20200504_174929-696x522.jpg.6af61b8265e2c6e0b55cb6363adc8680.jpg

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 3:01 PM, Joinaman said:

Maybe a silly question

But, what would happen if you reuse to ride in the back of the pick up, ?

Probably beaten with a stick.  At least in the pick up you can feel the sea breeze in your hair.  

Really, not get the point you all defending these offenders. Beaches, swimming in the sea are/were forbidden all over the world by Governments due to the pandemic. For months! Heavy fines everywhere. Would you do it in your own country if strictly forbidden and with police checking????? Patrolling even on horses along the beaches. Would you?????? If no, stop defending these offenders. Simple.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:41 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Anyone found violating the order faces a fine of up to 100,000 baht or up to one year in jail.

I hope these 3 get the full penalty, you can't cure stupidity.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Regulations that are obviously crazy.

I'm not saying break the rules- even I obey the stupid rules as don't want to suffer even more, but lets not just accept them like sheeple. Let's at least point out they are stupid.

And yet zero people died in Thailand......

Bear with it, these rules will be loosening soon. 

12 hours ago, brucec64 said:

When did you do this project? Grade 3? This was also a plotline of one episode of the Brady Bunch.

So what's your point clever @r$3?

Edited by rtco
Wording change

On 5/9/2020 at 10:53 PM, Eindhoven said:

I haven't seen any Thais or citizens from the surrounding countries swimming. Collecting shellfish from the beach, yes.

I do see a high number of foreigners deliberately flouting the mask wearing rule. Selfish imbeciles. Often wearing it on their chins with their noses exposed. Utter morons.

Just low lives, really...with an inherent sense of entitlement. They should really be given the bum's rush.

i surmise that your experience of not seeing any Thai citizens deliberately flouting the rules, is because you figured they did not know that they could not use the beach, as i have walked along

that very stretch beach (pavement) for a few weeks and although there was a few (one or two) farangs on the beach, they were outnumbered by the thirty odd Thai people in groups of five or six  sitting on the beach, (it turned out they were the umbrella crew and they were checking their turf)

i also had to wave vendors away, as some seemed oblivious to the Convid-19 restrictions.

when we reached the market on Soi wat boon it was packed and it looked like all this distancing stuff had not reached any of the thai people shopping there. we turned around

on the way back the free food queue on beach road had grown in volume and length, to the degree

that it made a right turn by the police station on beach road up to the lights and then made a left

turn with not a social distancer in sight, many hundreds of people all breaking the rules.

i used to have a beer with a group of lads from the UK and their favorite villain was the Immigrant

some of the stories about what they got from the UK was unbelievable and mostly incorrect.

but as a ruling body it is good to have a scapegoat.

does anyone think that arresting people who have just lost their livelihood plus others that are trying

to get some food as they have none, would be a the correct move....

but hang on here are three thick strangers....who may not of understood ...who may have refused..

i was told many years ago that a farang is just below the dog in the rankings.

10 hours ago, n00dle said:

Sure would be nice if those laws acrually made some sense though.

Im sure the virus runs rampant across 40+++ degree sands.

What does not make sense is the fact that people, no matter if they agree or not, do not follow rules and regulations.  You can not fix stupid.  In your view the virus can not transcend the sand hence its ok for you to use the beach even though the officials have passed a regulation for not using the beach and it is posted.  Do I have that right? you would not give a F about regulations and would just do as you please.  Sounds like the entitlement attitude.