do you acknowledge other farangs?

7 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

yes, this really, if someone is asking for help,

i will stop and even drive them to the location they want to for free, drive and buy and give gas if that seem to be the issue,

but wasting time on listening to whatever he/she think is important to ventilate to shave off an hour of their life ? no tnx

Yes, if the conversation becomes too intrusive or just someone looking for someone to listen while they rant then I quickly make my excuses and leave.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, if the conversation becomes too intrusive or just someone looking for someone to listen while they rant then I quickly make my excuses and leave.

i wish i had your ability to make an excuse to exit the misery

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

If they look like they maybe a Teacher certainly not. Retired older ferangs Yes.Im a Snob cant abide scruffy Fan Room Creatures.

Quite agree old chap...

Most of them stink of beer, sweat & other bodily fluids.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Rarely see another Farang out here in the boonies !

Unless its in Makro or Tesco etc on my occasional jaunts into town. If I see one I make eye contact and always nod and smile but never engage them unless they make the move and I am then polite.

I get more than enough interaction on this merry-go-round without seeking more ! The virtual version here is easily switched off !

• Haha 1

I've had the odd friendly chat with a farang, strangely also because of Covid19 along the lines of 'what a total nonsense and overkill this virus paranoia is'.

But in the big scheme of things of course you are very careful because it is well known that a good portion of the people who settle in Thailand are a) of a socio-economic class you would normally avoid b) criminals and c) certifiably crazy.

Some very odd farang characters in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

We are all different, also us farrangs in Thailand.

The example with the lipstick guy, show the differenses very clear. I would not say hello to a lipstick guy, but I am also very oldfashion and maybe wrong, but I like a beautyfull woman, my own mrs (and all the other beautyfull woman).

My interest is not to lipstick guys so why should I make relationship to one ?

I like to have friends, I can talk with, have fun with, drink with, to help, get help when needed, but if it shall work there must be some equal way of thinkings.

Relationships is not sure to work just because we are farrangs

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

The farang looked back at him and made a screeching type sound " eeewwww......ewwwww"

Maybe he didn't speak English ........ plenty of German/French/Spanish/Italians around that don't speak English.

Or maybe he didn't want to talk with a racist?