Probe reveals illegal sale of beer through online channel

rooster59

11 hours ago, canopy said:

And yet every mom and pop shop in the entire country is selling all hours of the day and during banned days and they do nothing about it.

Sure, why don't you ho out after 10:00 PM curfew and see how that "all hours of the day" works out. ????

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Anyone remember being sent, at the age of about 12, to the local pub with a large jug, to get a pint of mild for yer Dad when he came home from t'factory?

Not quite with a jug but similar, in my English village one of the local pubs had a public bar & snug/lounge bar. Built into the side wall of the public bar was a "serving hatch", you knocked on the hatch, the bar person would open it and you could buy take-away without having to go inside... very convenient.

Also at night after the only petrol station closed, they had a coin operated pump, stick in 50p as it was then for a gallon of juice.

That's going back a bit mind-you, around 45 years ago. all very civilised then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Not quite with a jug but similar, in my English village one of the local pubs had a public bar & snug/lounge bar. Built into the side wall of the public bar was a "serving hatch", you knocked on the hatch, the bar person would open it and you could buy take-away without having to go inside... very convenient.

Also at night after the only petrol station closed, they had a coin operated pump, stick in 50p as it was then for a gallon of juice.

That's going back a bit mind-you, around 45 years ago. all very civilised then.

Great. I am going back 60 years, but the same arrangement. Or we would go to the 'offie' with a pop bottle and get it filled with rough Spanish sherry for two bob.

• Like 1