Afternoon, Gin and Tonics

Pilotman

1 minute ago, lee b said:

Yes, I have had a few glasses of Whiskey and soda in the early afternoon, not everyday though. But I have never done this before. Just bored I think, or thats what I'm hoping the reason is.

Probably the reason.

Can you get out and fill the time with another activity?

• Like 1

Yeah same, before lock down about 5pm after work. But now I start about 3pm. I have 1 beer then hit the vodka and orange. But getting sick of it now so I'm gonna change my drink ????

But do excise every day..  

6k walk and jogging 

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Probably the reason.

Can you get out and fill the time with another activity?

Going out walking more, but its so hot and the face mask doesnt help

• Like 2

We do like a beverage but usually put together the makings around 5pm and settle down to watch another episode of Midsomer Murders or something similar.

What we did before the lockdowns so no change. But usually rum and coke or Bloody Mary.

• Like 1

I am still on a single beer with a sandwich around 3 to 4pm.

Evening 3 or 4 VT's or whisky with ice.

Pre lockdown if we were going out locally, eat drink with friends then no beer in the afternoon and one while out and then back at home a couple of VT's before bed. So no big change in intake really.

Drinkin in the early afternoon? ????

Siesta time for us Dago-landers

Drinking session?

Never before 7pm....probably start at 8.

Go to bed at 11 or 12.

You northern farangs have childrens' timetables.

..and beer is drunk out of a glass..not the effin bottle!

Solly.

• Like 2

Might as well die , of what we enjoy .

Better than  boredom .

17. 00  open taps ,  closes 10 pm , I sleep well, thx Tvf.

Good morning , cuppa 7 am ..

Gardening chores start 8 am .

Edited by elliss

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Drink early, go to bed early, wake up early. This time of year when its so hot the mornings count more.

But then, when you wake up earlier you start drink even earlier and go even earlier sleep as well. After about a week you're back to your previous schedule

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

Yeah same, before lock down about 5pm after work. But now I start about 3pm. I have 1 beer then hit the vodka and orange. But getting sick of it now so I'm gonna change my drink ????

But do excise every day..  

6k walk and jogging 

What....to gin & orange?

• Sad 1

Easy to fall into that trap I've always been pretty strict with myself about drinking during the day ok 5pm for a few beers I've managed to keep to that all through lock down even though at home I must admit it's getting boring now.

At least I can have a swim at home naked

I was already heavily drinking but it's definitely gone up since the lockdown, and even more so with the black market boxes of beer and whisky

Only a serious illness will stop me now I think, and I put this all down to the alcohol ban they had.

The worst part is my housing complex has a free to use gym which has been open throughout the lockdown, and gym used to be one of my very few hobbies. No motivation to go anymore

I've read that habits get harder to change as you get older, sounds about right.

• Like 2

I occasionally have a beer with lunch or dinner if the food is fairly spicy. Have a couple of rum and cokes on weekend evenings.

I'd suggest to the OP if he is drinking every day, it's a slippery slope starting earlier. Perhaps he should think about setting a target of one or two alcohol-free days in the week. His liver will be grateful for the rest.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always get drunk in the afternoons ....... means I can wake up every day without a hangover.

Problem with that is you then have the evening with that awful fuzzy/light headed feeling, and feel very tired too?

So, as I understand it here no one has actually changed more than the time they drink. You are not saying that you are drinking more out of the reason you start earlier than before. Then this can not be any problem. It´s not more dangerous to take a couple of beers at noon, than it is to drink them after 17.00 or even 20.00.

Actually you might have started a healthier trend instead. Same as they say that you should not eat just before sleeping, because the body need it´s rest while sleeping. This might actually make your body do most of the work before you sleep, and therefore be better for you.

Hower, the fact is. If you drink five beer in a day, and drink them between 12.00 - 15.00. Then that will be exactly same dangerous as drinking the same amount of beer between 17.00 - 20.00. 

You are getting this from a guy that always drink when he wants, and never had a complaint or missed a deadline in 15 years.

Edited by Matzzon