POLL....Are you ok with having a Contact tracing App on your phone?

redwood1

POLL.....Are you ok with having a Contact tracing App on your phone?  

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The question should be: Would you accept another location tracking app?

Because most of us have many applications installed which use the location. And how many of us read the small print of all those apps how our locations are used?

It's almost funny when many people who never cared about their phone sending location information now protesting that they don't want that. Easy: Switch off your phone. Otherwise you can and will be traced.

Even when turned off, with the right program your phone can be turned on without you know in and you can still be tracked.  This was done with several cases my company was involved in.  Just needed the signed warrant based upon an affidavit which had been presented.  Only way to keep your phone from being located is to remove the Sim card, and place the phone turned off in a copper lined box which can be closed....however, if you also have a car that has gps on it well then your just plain ole f.......

People do not realize it but most modern cars have a black box in them.  With the proper computer program and access I could tell you how fast you have driven and on what day you did what speed, and where you had been and gone, how long it had been parked there etc....additionally cell towers will give your locations as well....so now you know the rest of the story...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's almost funny when many people who never cared about their phone sending location information now protesting that they don't want that. Easy: Switch off your phone. Otherwise you can and will be traced.

There was a test done by someone a while back. According to them phones track you when switched off, and send the information when switched back on.

you'd have to also Remove the Battery each time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

you'd have to also Remove the Battery each time...

But the majority of the high end phones as well as Apple products do not have removeable phone.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The question should be: Would you accept another location tracking app?

Because most of us have many applications installed which use the location. And how many of us read the small print of all those apps how our locations are used?

This time though there is the Bluetooth function, which identifies all other users in the same vicinity.

So if Mary gets robbed at the local park and you happen to have been near, expect to get a knock on the door...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

This time though there is the Bluetooth function, which identifies all other users in the same vicinity.

So if Mary gets robbed at the local park and you happen to have been near, expect to get a knock on the door...

Yeah but really should not knock my back door! Some kathoey cop coming knocking!!!:1zgarz5:

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

I want to know if the girls from Thai Friendly I am meeting are Covid cuties.

Great point, some kind of vetting service. Wheres the link for download?

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is a cure for that kind of paranoia....its called Alcohol

Who said I'm paranoid??? What makes you think I'm paranoid??? I'm not paranoid!!!

• Haha 2