POLL....Are you ok with having a Contact tracing App on your phone?

redwood1

POLL.....Are you ok with having a Contact tracing App on your phone?  

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have an iphone, Apple has your data

If you have an android phone, Google has your data

Both are known to co-operate with national governments as its good for their business.

Two phones may be the answer...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mrfill said:

If you have an iphone, Apple has your data

If you have an android phone, Google has your data

Both are known to co-operate with national governments as its good for their business.

Two phones may be the answer...

Yes, the phone with the mandatory app can be left at home until you need to go to a place that requires it for entrance.

Bet they would find tracking me informative. Got Up. Asked Alan if hes havin a Beer Lunchtime. Droped Mrs of at Macro, met Alan drank Beer, told Thornberg Jokes.  Went home and foregot to pick Mrs up. Must be some odd balls out there if they bother about being tracked.

A clear and resounding "maybe" from me.

Depends on a combination of factors, such as: What permissions does the app ask for? Does additional personal information need to be provided? How much pressure will they put on you to install it? Any benefits? Any alternatives?

I certainly wouldn't rush to be among the first to install such an app, but might (need to) follow the herd eventually.

• Like 1

Read article yesterday in US a failed kidnap attempt of Uber driver. 

Driver had the suspect phone number when making booking. Police 

were able to track where he was and arrested him.

Smart phones have location tracking on all the time, that's how they find the base stations.
Mapping and GPS are a free bonus of software already installed.
And
If your concerned with invasion of privacy, you gave that up years ago by subscribing to Google and Facebook...they know everything about you.

Edited by Alidiver
Thought of something else

On 5/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Alidiver said:

Smart phones have location tracking on all the time, that's how they find the base stations.
Mapping and GPS are a free bonus of software already installed.
And
If your concerned with invasion of privacy, you gave that up years ago by subscribing to Google and Facebook...they know everything about you.

Lucky I don't subscribe to google then. I did join face<deleted> but it's on an e mail I haven't used for many years. I don't know if they can still track me without a <deleted>phone though.

Re the Aussie tracker, they had loads sign up early on but that's dried up, apparently, and it hasn't signed up a high %. I expect the same with the NZ tracker which started yesterday, apparently. Most on talkback are opposed to them.