Second food bank stripped of donated supplies

snoop1130

Second food bank stripped of donated supplies

By The Nation

800_4f4252a87bc4d86.png

Thai netizens are asking whether it is worth donating food after another footage of all supplies being stolen went viral.

A clip showing a group of people stealing supplies in Nakhon Sawan was shared on Facebook by user Akarapong Wongphaisal on Monday (May 11).

Though many donors voiced their frustration over such behaviour, others said they will continue donating food during this time of need.

Images of a father and his three sons stripping a food bank of food and water in Ubon Ratchathani province were widely shared on social media on Sunday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387663

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-11

Food banks are for people who dont have food or money to buy it. If this is the case, why is taking food from them to feed your family wrong? 

Who knows when these guys will get to eat again. Its a dog eat dog world sadly.

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nor me. Here in rural Khampaeng Phet we don't have food banks, AFAIK no-one is actually starving. We have village carers who go around their patch checking on the elderly and the sick.

Sadly no visitor has checked on me yet.

Because your young and fit?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vogie said:

It is easy to judge when you have a belly full of food but some of these poor souls are absolutely starving. Saw another father and son taking the full cabinet, the sons ribs were showing. It is not nice for the others but I for one will not judge them.

Like them there are many others so still not fare , try to help as many people as possible . 

Starvation is not an issue in Thailand...food access is everywhere and plentiful...hunting and gathering is still prevalent in rural areas of thailand...

Thai culture also does a good job of families sharing food with neighbors and friends even when themselves have minimal financially resources...

food handouts need to be controlled and supervised...see below

I don’t see scavengers looking for food  in garbage collection areas which one sees in countries with high homelessness populations or countries who can’t grow their own food....unlike thailand (the benefactor of good weather water and low production costs)...

Thomas Hobbs school of philosophy...

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, vogie said:

It is easy to judge when you have a belly full of food but some of these poor souls are absolutely starving. Saw another father and son taking the full cabinet, the sons ribs were showing. It is not nice for the others but I for one will not judge them.

they are just thievesl Before the crisis, during the crisis, after the crisis. Bad parents, lousy lazy ppl who dont want to work.

Its a liberal myth that a crisis turns a good person into a bad person. Naive.

Some ppl always keeptheir eyes open to stealor hassle. Other ppl keep their eyes open for oportunities, bc there are always  oportunities, to find or to make.

Hope they catch the maddafakkas and throw them in jail. Justice for the good ppl who donated thatfood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Starvation is not an issue in Thailand...food access is everywhere and plentiful...hunting and gathering is still prevalent in rural areas of thailand...

Thai culture also does a good job of families sharing food with neighbors and friends even when themselves have minimal financially resources...

food handouts need to be controlled and supervised...see below

I don’t see scavengers looking for food  in garbage collection areas which one sees in countries with high homelessness populations or countries who can’t grow their own food....unlike thailand (the benefactor of good weather water and low production costs)...

Thomas Hobbs school of philosophy...

very good observation. starvation isnt an issue, even in the worst case family or neighbors or other locals will give some food. A hungry beggar is hardly ever denied food. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, RichardColeman said:

Yes, good idea, can buy a packet of fags and a few beers with what they save. 

Perhaps. 

On the other hand if it supplements whatever the person can afford, in order to make a more nutritious meal, I for one am happy to donate.

You don't have to be dirt poor in order to need help.

Saving a bit on food might allow one to cover rent and bills.

We all need help in one way or another.