COVID-19: CCSA worries that relaxed measures may cause 2nd wave of infection

webfact

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

astonishing; Of Course there will be a second wave !; look at the overall discipline of thais as far as groups; they cant do it; stock up on alcohol

Foreigners are no better than Thais. May be you shouldn't stock up on booth so that you know what is going on in the real world. I wonder: are you British?

Learn from the second wave we've already had in Thailand, starting at the muay Thai arena in Lumpini. Add in the latest experience of a cluster forming in nightclubs in Seoul. Hot, open-air places like beaches aren't the problem, confined and crowded venues most definitely are. Adopt, adapt and survive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Learn from the second wave we've already had in Thailand, starting at the muay Thai arena in Lumpini. Add in the latest experience of a cluster forming in nightclubs in Seoul. Hot, open-air places like beaches aren't the problem, confined and crowded venues most definitely are. Adopt, adapt and survive. 

The beach ban is truly ridiculous. As long as people aren't in a crowd together it would actually be beneficial with the vitamin d from the sun and the UV light killing the virus.

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA has admitted that there are concerns about the possibility of a second wave of a COVID-19 viral outbreak.

astonishing; Of Course there will be a second wave !; look at the overall discipline of thais as far as groups; they cant do it; stock up on alcohol

It doesn't matter how people behave. A 2nd wave is inevitable even if only one person is infected or one person who is infected arrives in Thailand. Ultimately social distancing hasn't achieved anything at all other than destroying Thailand's economy. Everyone is still a target for the virus as few have developed antibodies.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

The beach ban is truly ridiculous. As long as people aren't in a crowd together it would actually be beneficial with the vitamin d from the sun and the UV light killing the virus.

You hit the nail on the head. Vitamin D is extremely important for general health and the immune system. A lot of people who were healthy before will be weakened due to Vitamin D deficiency. I always take vitamin D3 supplements as I don't spend time in the sun.

• Like 1

Lockdown again or Wear a mask like Dark vader is more safely. Until the tests will be at least 90% reliable not 50% i dont believe any of that bull sh**t second wave, third wave... If they would want to do right way they would put more effort to make more reliable test so people no need to test 3 or 4 time before they are "positive" 

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Thailand tested 4,098 people per 1 million. In Europe they tested 30,000 - 50,000 people per 1 million. I don´t wonder that they don´t find new cases.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Be aware that the total tests performed is not people tested. Also, not all tests included in that total number are tests whose results get counted as positive even if they are positive. If you only count the tests that are ones whose results are included in the reported positive case numbers (those tests done at both of the two official reference labs), then it's around 800/million, I think.