Robert Pattinson Isn't Bulking Up For Batman Because It 'Sets A Precedent'

snoop1130

Robert Pattinson Isn't Bulking Up For Batman Because It 'Sets A Precedent'

By STEWART PERRIE

vbg.PNG

The last two actors to portray the Caped Crusader in film were the epitome of a superhero frame.

Whether it was with a stacked body or just a forgiving Batsuit, Christian Bale and Ben Affleck looked ready to take on any villain that got in their way.

However, don't expect the same when Robert Pattinson becomes the Batman.

After so many iterations in films, TV shows and comics, it seems like the former Twilight star isn't succumbing to pressure to bulk up his frame to fight baddies all over Gotham.

Full Story: https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/celebrity-robert-pattinson-reveals-he-isnt-bulking-up-for-batman-20200513

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

There goes that franchise. In the next DC film Superman will be a black, obese lesbian with a missing leg.

Almost spit out my wine when I read your post, it also almost went up my nose as I started to snicker, thanks for the late night humor

• Like 1

I guess he's not into steroid cycles, oops, sorry, I meant to say chicken, rice, and broccoli. Strangely enough, the ideal male form for a lot of guys is Brad Pitt in Fight Club, which is achievable naturally,

875662289_images(2).jpeg.07ef703d298200743196a58b3142d4be.jpeg

and I could see on Robert Pattinson.

335609923_images(3).jpeg.2a91e38fed58a54d86693fb0d208bcf7.jpeg

It's about doing away with the monster 300 image,

1620276002_images(4).jpeg.35c99d246b24d5c564df8c062e2706a7.jpeg

and returning to something more believable.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nausea said:

returning to something more believable.

One might expect a 'real' Batman to be built like a trapeze artist, rather than a wrestler. All that swinging about, you would want a light frame and a high muscle to mass ratio.

As for being faithful to the comics, I refer to the incomparable performance of Heath Ledger, who was much darker and more 'real' than the comic character.

Edited by teatime101
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

it seems like the former Twilight star isn't succumbing to pressure to bulk up his frame to fight baddies all over Gotham

he revealed that he will stare them to death instead, so no need to exercise.

• Haha 1

Will his Batsuit have "nipples" too ? And built in "6 pack abs" ? And "vampire sparkle" ?

Pretty sure Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney didn't "bulk up" a whole lot when they played the Bat. I read somewhere that Affleck was one of the only ones that didn't need a "muscle suit" to make him look "bigger" as he was big enough already. Putting him in a padded suit would have left him looking like the bast**d offspring of Batman and She Hulk.

Remember as well that people hated the idea of Daniel Craig playing Bond. But after his first outing people were raving about him. I thought they should have changed his name from James to Jason or Bond to Bourne because it seemed like his Bond was more about trying to "out Bourne" Bourne than it was about being "Bond".

I'm Bourne. James Bourne, double oh-8.
Or.
I'm Bond. Jason Bond - 008. James is my half-brother on my mother's side and he was born - or is that "Bourne" (smiley face) a minute ahead of me which is why he gets to be 007 and I'm 008 now surrender before we have to do yet another 20 minute action sequence to cover up weak plot lines !

DC is struggling to keep up to Marvel on the movie front and they screwed the pooch with The Mummy, which was supposed to launch the "Dark Universe" series in a similar fashion to all the Marvel movies (Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk, Antman, Spiderman, etc).
But apparently Cruise screwed that over by trying to make the movie all about him and not the "Mummy" and the results were so bad DC shelved the other movies they had planned.

But DC still has Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman to carry them for awhile, assuming they don't screw the pooch again with the next Batman movie that is. They'll have to do another "ensemble" movie soon as well to keep that spark going. Maybe if those earn enough, they can have another look at the "Dark Universe" series again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jchfriis said:

Honestly, who really cares?

A lot of young guys; like young women who are are ruining their bodies to emulate the Kardashians, young guys are ruining their bodies to emulate their heroes; look up blast and cruise. As an old guy I don't really care, but if you're full of hormones it matters. An alternative vision is welcome. 

Edited by nausea
  • Like 1