Trump calls Fauci remarks on risks to reopening schools, economy unacceptable

webfact

39 minutes ago, mrfill said:

How can you report an incidence without testing to see if there actually is an incidence? You may be reporting a non-incidence because you would not know.

Also in the original article Yinn quoted, it says "Halloran said the actual number of US cases could be anywhere from 5 to 20 times the current number, based on recent models. But any model, she added, should be taken with a grain of salt.".

That is quite some 'degree of confidence' and looks rather more like a 'guess'

It’s a well established technique:

https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003668

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stocky said:

You're missing the point. Children may well not get sick, but they do get infected and then go home to parents and grandparents.

How about if the children wear the all omnipotent masks and sanitize?  Are the parents and grandparents still under extreme threat of catching covid?  

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The brave are going to go out and take care of the weak yet again. Please, stay inside. 

how to "play all sides of the equation"... (this picture is not from the US) 

France : ces photos montrent la triste réalité du retour à l'école ...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm looking forward to the CV 19 Nuremberg trials. Corruption, institutional incompetence, careerism, CYA'sms, madness, failed multi party political cohesion in the face of a pandemic.

The world isn't as black and white anymore as it was in 1945.

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

How about if the children wear the all omnipotent masks and sanitize?  Are the parents and grandparents still under extreme threat of catching covid?  

Masks are disputed in best of times, you think there is any chance of kids using the masks properly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Even though it must be true?

As I've stated before; can't blame anyone for voting for him in 2016, but, now, after three years when it's so obvious what kind of man he is; a terrible human-being who never takes responsibility for anything and totally incompetent. Logic dictates that there must be something very wrong with his current supporters. I blame the US education system.

I think it is much more the land of the free mentality, in conjunction with an absolute capitalist system where the losers are spit out. IMO the education system, especially the split in education, just as there is a split in healthcare, can be attributed to that.

• Thanks 1

Don't forget, the 2nd wave will come, and then the third wave, and then the 4th. Better stay in your room, lock yourself in, forever, this is not going to stop. Who cares about economy, and the ones loosing their jobs and income, just keep my pension coming, and let's print more money and all is good.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

You are asking children to be responsible enough to do those things on their own to protect the vulnerable...that is a huge leap of faith to hope that a 7 year old will keep their mask on all day and every time, not touch their face all day, social distance from everybody all day and every time, sanitize their hands all day and every time (because 7 year old boys are so good at that)...AND all of the 7 year old's friends which you have absolutely no control over whatsoever to follow the same behavior? I have not even breached the topic of adolescents and their social distancing with hormones on full tilt...

it is a bad situation, I am glad I am not a parent because I would be terrified of having to make these choices....my child's education and future or my child's health and welfare and the health and welfare of the other members of my family...I can honestly say I dont blame Trump on this one because it isnt the answers that Fauci gave that are unacceptable, it is the entire situation that is unacceptable regardless of where in the world you are.  I rail on Trump as much as the next guy but this is a no win situation with no totally right answer.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

You are asking children to be responsible enough to do those things on their own to protect the vulnerable...that is a huge leap of faith to hope that a 7 year old will keep their mask on all day and every time, not touch their face all day, social distance from everybody all day and every time, sanitize their hands all day and every time (because 7 year old boys are so good at that)...AND all of the 7 year old's friends which you have absolutely no control over whatsoever to follow the same behavior? I have not even breached the topic of adolescents and their social distancing with hormones on full tilt...

it is a bad situation, I am glad I am not a parent because I would be terrified of having to make these choices....my child's education and future or my child's health and welfare and the health and welfare of the other members of my family...I can honestly say I dont blame Trump on this one because it isnt the answers that Fauci gave that are unacceptable, it is the entire situation that is unacceptable regardless of where in the world you are.  I rail on Trump as much as the next guy but this is a no win situation with no totally right answer.

Not quite following why normal aged parents are "vulnerable".  Why is a mid 30's - mid 40's vulnerable?  Look at the stats.  How many grandparents do you know that see live with or see their grandkids on a daily basis, not too mention more than a few times a year?

• Sad 2

Get busy livin or get busy dyin!

The WHO is saying, its likely that corona is here to stay.  Knowing there is No vaccine for this and other viruses ,not many viable options to consider! Kids need to go to school ,stay at home school and people need to go to work,economies aren't fully automated!

Slowly, step by step

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

As I've stated before; can't blame anyone for voting for him in 2016, but, now, after three years when it's so obvious what kind of man he is; a terrible human-being who never takes responsibility for anything and totally incompetent. Logic dictates that there must be something very wrong with his current supporters. I blame the US education system.

OK so what are people supposed to do? Trump is bad, so vote democrat? Trump is bad, so dont vote? Trump is bad, so vote for your house cat? 

??? And if we don't vote the way you think we should, we are all morons? 

Yeah real sorry but that'll never happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

Cant believe I am gonna actually have to point this out...do you know how many children in the lower classes live with their grandparents....especially the latino and african american communities? come on man.....

I don't know, but go ahead and give me the numbers.  Then go ahead and give me the numbers of children that don't live with their grandparents.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Indeed. Trump, and his supporters, are rather like schools during the lockdown.  No class.

Always nice when a textbook bigot reveals themselves, in this case you sound very much like Hillary, right before she had her ass handed to her

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I don't know, but go ahead and give me the numbers.  Then go ahead and give me the numbers of children that don't live with their grandparents.

Exact numbers don't really matter, but these days many kids are after school taken care of by grandparents. And yes, probably more in Hispanic and afro American families.

56 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, either of those are, of course, perfectly acceptable choices when facing a candidate that is so spectacularly unfit for the job as Trump is. Just how unfit has become even more obvious during the current crisis when watching the daily press briefings (well, those of you who can stand it) where his incoherent ramblings and brain farts are served up non-stop.

And when his "performance" is over and he storms off in a huff and leaves the microphone to a coherent facts person like Dr. Fauci the contrast is so glaringly obvious that I can't even begin to understand how every single remaining Trump supporter would not in unison exclaim: "And I voted for that guy?!?!?!".

Dear diary, Republicans won’t vote democrat, what a bunch of horrible people. How dare them. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1