"We love everyone - Thais and foreigners alike" says immigration chief as he announces 'Love&Share' scheme

webfact

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You really think that rainbows do not exist?

Why not use the whole quote i put, rainbows and unicorns, along with the photo, but then you wanted to troll didn't you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You really think that rainbows do not exist?

Nah, he knows rainbows do exist, but you don't know about the pot filled with golden coins where the rainbow reaches the ground! Oh, no, did I write that? Erase, erase!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Because unicorns don't exist and you put a full stop after your reference to them. 

Who says that unicorns don't exist? We had one hiding in our garden when I was a kid, 100% sure!

• Like 1

A small piece of advice here about money and Immigration Police: when you need to pay a certain amount of money to them, make sure you know the correct amount in advance, so you are able to prepare that exact amount when you go to collect your document.

It may not be so in other places, but where I have to go, I NEVER got back the change on the big bills I hand over, be it Bht200 or 700, NEVER! And, more stupid than a donkey, I have been keeping forgetting about that, even after the second time in a row...!

Oh, mind you, this is AFTER quite some staff was replaced "to eradicate corruption", before that you got back your change every time, ...on the swollen amount you were told to pay! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The idea is that people who have plenty leave food items for the needy in the cabinets.

it is my conviction that there never have been any needy in the cabinets over the years. They always were full of people who have plenty - and who had even more after their short stints in the cabinets.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ranshoko said:

Yet another piece of verbal diarrhea which can be taken with pinch of salt.  They're in the deep and smelly. It's time for them to finally realise Farang Expats contribute a significant amount of income to many Thai's. However, they'll soon forget when Covid blows over. 

I take care of my Thai son as his family neglects him " the farang will take care of him"

lucky for him he has been well educated and does not believe in Thai clap trap!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

But the chief pointed out at a briefing at IB HQ yesterday that he was concerned about videos circulating that showed people taking all the  items and then reselling them.

Everyone is surely aware of the love Thais have for money, but this is a bit much surely. 

Time for a bit of name and shame?

Surprise! People are taking the food then selling it on!  I remember going to Luang Prabang in 2012. A tourist must see is the hundreds of monks that turn out from the many temples at 6:30 am and walk in file up the main street with their begging bowls. Tourists line the road sides on their knees offering them  food. It's an impressive sight.

All the locals are further back selling that food to the tourists! Ha! Capitalism meets Communism and giving at Its very best!!! Laughed my head off at the tourists and a high five for the enterprising locals

• Like 1

I was thinking about depositing a few brown envelopes in these cabinets. You know, "for the needy". But I quickly discarded the idea after hearing rumors that somebody was going around emptying them of all their contents for himself.

On a different note: Should I invoke those claims of "love for everybody" next time I get stuck at immigration the whole day, desperately trying to convince them that I am not a terrorist or a national security threat just because I happen to have been born in another country?  

Edited by Misterwhisper

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Has he been on the Lao Kao again?:cheesy:

We love you all, and he said that with A STRAIGHT FACE.

How do you know...he has mask on. He might have gritted his teeth when he said foreigners, Ha!

• Sad 1